Thoughts on Free Dance at Russian Nats?

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

"I can't say that we feel overjoyed," Stepanova said about winning their first national title. "For us it was important to show what he had managed to work on. There was not much time for the preparation and we were nervous. We didn't want to skate worse than we did last year."

What are your thoughts on the Free Dance? Overall?

Last edited:

MCsAngel2

On the Ice
Country
Scotland
I really like Step/Buk's FD, and I'm glad to see it again this season. It wasn't as well performed as last year's nationals, but that's hardly a surprise. I adore them and I'm so happy they finally have a national title. I really hope Bukin can recover completely, and I hope that one way or another Worlds will happen this season.

readernick

Medalist
So, like with the SD, I was underwhelmed. These skates would not stack up well against the French, the Americans, or the Canadians. I was happy to see Morozov and Bagin do better in the FS. I am also a huge fan of Elizabeta K. but her FS was underwhelming. I hope they are all better by Worlds.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I caught up today to see how Shevechenko/Eremenko were doing and seems pretty good. I also really liked Zagorski/Guereirro