ticket info? | Golden Skate

ticket info?

aliste

Rinkside
As far as I can tell they're not on sale yet? (At least I hope not.) Is there a mailing list or other source that will let me know when sales start? I hunted all over the Skate Canada website but couldn't find anything. Thanks for any help!

Hammer24

Rinkside
Country
United-States
If you go to the Skate Canada website and scroll down there’s a link to sign up for event information…

aliste

Rinkside
Okay, I'm stupid and/or blind, but I don't see it. Is this on the French or English site? And could you tell me exactly what the link text is? Sorry for being dense!

Edit: I see it now, it's a little box to the right of the Latest News section. I really am blind. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I have been on the Skate Canada email list for a few years and can verify that they notify me of impending ticket sales but DO NOT bombard me with other information.

I expect the SC ticket sales to be later than usual because they need to decide whether to have an audience and what restrictions will be imposed (reduced audience numbers, domestic sales only, immunization required, mask requirements, etc).

aliste

Rinkside
I haven't seen/received any new info. At this point I'm doubting that spectators will be allowed, which is a disappointing thought (of course people's safety is more important though). But my husband has promised we can go to 2024 Worlds in Montreal so at least I have that to look forward to. :)

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
BC has just announced a "vaccine card". At a minimum, one will be required to be in the audience at Skate Canada. If there is an audience, that is.

I don't mind that they have not decided or sold tickets as yet. I'm not ready to make a decision on attending.

Things (and my mood) seem to change daily.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
NanaPat, and the other Canadians who may be reading here—what is your sense as to whether spectators will be allowed? USFS has been selling tickets for Skate America since the spring, and I know conditions are different in Canada, but this event is only a week after Skate America.

Frivolous guesses and speculation are welcome—I’m not going to hold you to it :)

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
It's pure speculation at this point, but I'm slightly leaning to the "there will be no audience" side.

Factors favouring no audience
- there was no audience for ACI
- it's only 6 weeks from now, and AFAIK they haven't sold tickets yet. That isn't much time to plan if travel is involved.
- BC is experience a fourth wave (or maybe fifth) and has just brought back a mask requirement and instituted a new vaccine passport system
- things are changing rapidly; if they don't start changing in the right direction, more lockdowns may be coming

Factors favouring an audience
- it isn't actually illegal, as of today. Our local hockey team will be playing with audiences for the first time in 18 months. They are going for 50% capacity, masks required, proof of vaccination required. All of those are probably legal requirements.

If I were Skate Canada, I would either say "no audience" now or wait until 2 weeks before the event to make a decision. That way they could choose between no audience, very limited capacity (say 10-20%) or an audience up to the legal limit, whatever that is at the time. They could also restrict sales to residents of BC or even residents of the Lower Mainland (greater Vancouver area). I think it would be nice for the skaters to have an audience, even if it is very limited.

randomfan

Record Breaker
So seeing that there's STILL no ticket information when it's literally less than two weeks before the official practices, I guess it's safe to assume that there won't be an audience this year right? As much as I understand that it might not be safe enough to have an audience, I really think they should've announced way earlier to not give us false hope :(

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
It would have been nice if they had sold "audience cutouts" a la Skate America last year. I so would have done it!

cinuka

Rinkside
I just got an email saying that all event tickets will be available tomorrow at 10am EST.

Last edited:

sissyfritz

Rinkside
Country
United-Kingdom
Confirmed! Skate Canada WILL be allowing butts in seats, though it sounds like it'll be on a limited basis.

Skate Canada registrants and fans will have access to a pre-sale tomorrow (Oct. 19) morning at 10EDT, all-event tix only. General Sale (also only for all-event tix) begins the next day (Oct. 20,) same time. Also, the tickets do include the Exhibition Gala, so I guess that's a thing that will for sure be happening, just in case people were wondering. Practices will be closed to the public.

Tickets will be available on Ticketmaster.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
I'm in total shock, I'd given up on going to the event. Disappointed to hear about practices and a little confused whether I'm eligible for the presale or not (I am on the email list and literally yelled WHAT when it popped up in my inbox)

Seven Sisters

Medalist
I'm in total shock, I'd given up on going to the event. Disappointed to hear about practices and a little confused whether I'm eligible for the presale or not (I am on the email list and literally yelled WHAT when it popped up in my inbox)
I got that email too and I suspect that if you are on that email list you are considered a “fan” eligible to buy. I’m just sorry we couldn’t have had a decision earlier, as it would be quite the challenge to plan a trip like this on such short notice.

How wonderful for the skaters, though, and for the lucky folks who are able to attend!

aliste

Rinkside
I signed up for the mailing list on the Skate Canada website, but didn't receive the email about tickets, so I guess I'm not considered a "fan." :(

It's too late for me to make travel plans so I won't be going this year. Maybe next year!

Ice Diva

On the Ice
Yes! Shocked and thrilled. No links to seat configuration at Doug Mitchell yet - guess we have to make that decision when we tickets.

randomfan

Record Breaker
Wow…on one hand I’m happy about this. On the other hand, I’ve already made other arrangements that weekend so I can only attend some of the events :(. I wonder if they’ll be doing single-session (1-day) tickets this time? They did it for 2018 GPF.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
If I were Skate Canada, I would either say "no audience" now or wait until 2 weeks before the event to make a decision. That way they could choose between no audience, very limited capacity (say 10-20%) or an audience up to the legal limit, whatever that is at the time. They could also restrict sales to residents of BC or even residents of the Lower Mainland (greater Vancouver area). I think it would be nice for the skaters to have an audience, even if it is very limited.
Am I prescentient, or what?

I tried to look at the seating map to see how many seats they are selling, but it is telling me no seats are available. I think I may have to use a different browser for ticketmaster.