Todd Sand recovering after heart attack in Calgary | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Todd Sand recovering after heart attack in Calgary

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
I saw someone make mention of the update about Todd that Jenni put up on their fundraising page:

Here is a new update from Jenni today, March 20, 2023

Our family is very happy to be back together in Orange County. We feel extremely blessed with the care Todd received in Calgary.
Todd still has a long recovery ahead of him. We’re hoping with continued dialysis he will regain his kidney function. We are focused on taking his recovery day by day. This week we’ll cheer on Alexa and Brandon competing at the World Championships in Japan.
Thank you for your continued support and prayers.
Love,
Jenni, Todd, Jack and Matthew

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
New Instagram post from Jenni: https://www.instagram.com/p/CqcK6xcrgZF/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Four weeks ago today Todd called me in the middle of the night from Calgary where he was coaching at Jr Worlds. I told him to please call someone there for help. Lorrie Parker was the team leader she jumped to action and got the U.S. Team Dr involved. We are truly thankful for Dr. Fazecas, Lorrie Parker and the paramedics who never gave up. God was watching over all of them that morning. Our life has taken a turn we weren’t expecting, but we thank God everyday that Todd is still here with us. We have a mountain to climb and as a family we’re doing it together. 💙 #Sandmanstrong #Standyourground

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Another update from Jenni: https://www.instagram.com/p/CrFFu9YLfim/

Wow.....in the caption on the photo, she says that his heart stopped for an hour.
Thanks! I had no idea he was up and about!
"It’s been 6 weeks since the day your heart stopped for an hour. You fought to wake up when the Drs didn’t know if you would, you’ve learned to stand, sit up and walk again when the Drs weren’t sure you would. I knew you would! Everyday you push through your exhaustion to try to get stronger so you can walk out of the hospital. Yesterday you told us you just want to feel normal again, you want to remember things easily, you want to be able to have a steak and watch your boys play baseball. You’re going to do it…all of it. One thing at a time, one day at a time….we’ll do it together. 💙"
Wonder if he could be a candidate for a kidney transplant....?

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The more we hear, the more we realize how much danger Todd was in. What a miracle it is that he's made the progress forward again. My heart goes out to him, Jenni, and the boys and all who love him. Thank goodness for Jenni's faith that one small step at a time is the way. ❤️

My understanding from people who know a heck of a lot more than I do about medical matters is that the kidneys can come back after a trauma causing lost function. It might not be time yet to try for a transplant.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
The more we hear, the more we realize how much danger Todd was in. What a miracle it is that he's made the progress forward again. My heart goes out to him, Jenni, and the boys and all who love him. Thank goodness for Jenni's faith that one small step at a time is the way. ❤️

My understanding from people who know a heck of a lot more than I do about medical matters is that the kidneys can come back after a trauma causing lost function. It might not be time yet to try for a transplant.
Certainly. We can all hope....maybe they will!!! :pray: We must all respect the Family's privacy and not speculate on how much function of any part will return....but medical science is absolutly amazing...I had no idea there were ECMO machines and they came in handy during the pandemic....during the endless medical training in the state patrol (last century...sorry) we were told what to expect doing CPR and the final outcome over the next three years...but that was all over 20 years ago....now, you dont need a heart...you dont need lungs...we just strap this thing to you and oxegenate your blood out side your body and pump it along its way!!!!

Ref your statement about how much danger He was in....the gods put him into the 21st century so he could live....he wouldnt have made it in the 20th....dont read up on this stuff on the web cause it will scare the crap out of you...now we just have to find a way to get all "old" people like Brian Orser to go see their doc for a checkup....

labgoat

I have no words
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have seen posters elsewhere mentioning a recent instagram post by Jenni saying Todd’s kidneys are now working. I cannot confirm this as I am not on instagram. Can anyone confirm this?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I have seen posters elsewhere mentioning a recent instagram post by Jenni saying Todd’s kidneys are now working. I cannot confirm this as I am not on instagram. Can anyone confirm this?
That is what I am told but I dont see it on the teamtoddand jenni instagram site...I cant find them on twitter so I will check the fanfest for a t address

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
That is what I am told but I dont see it on the teamtoddand jenni instagram site...I cant find them on twitter so I will check the fanfest for a t address
Jennisand 4 on Twitter has no update to this effect. Perhaps there is another site for them?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I looked on Reddit and someone took a screenshot of the IG story
https://www.reddit.com/r/FigureSkating/comments/12y6aug/latest_update_on_todd_sand/
I hope this is true but I do not personally see it on the official teamtoddandjenni IG account. This is the last post I see. Perhaps I am doing something wrong?

Amei

Record Breaker
I hope this is true but I do not personally see it on the official teamtoddandjenni IG account. This is the last post I see. Perhaps I am doing something wrong?
It was a story whoever posted it on reddit took a screenshot since stories only stay available for 24 hours, but the profile picture on the story appears to be the same as the IG account you posted.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I looked on Reddit and someone took a screenshot of the IG story
https://www.reddit.com/r/FigureSkating/comments/12y6aug/latest_update_on_todd_sand/
I do also have to say that if this is a real post that we can actually see on IG, then that is fine as I am not a whiz on IG. I cant see it. If it is a fake post made up and referenced to the official teamtoddandjenni IG address, lets hope it is from an inside person like someone who works at the dialisis unit and its true. If its a fake post, then shame on them..... in any case, sadly, if I were TeamTodd, I would come out on IG and say the poster on Reddit is "in error"

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
More wonderful news... Todd went home! 😍

Weathergal

Medalist
More wonderful news... Todd went home! 😍
This is wonderful news! So very happy for them and their family!