Todd Sand recovering after heart attack in Calgary | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Todd Sand recovering after heart attack in Calgary

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
This is probably stating the obvious here but...if anyone sees any updates, please do post them, OK?

I've googled a few times today and couldn't find anything. That leads me to believe the situation/diagnosis is complicated or more serious than expected. It's always possible that Todd & Jenni want to stay private about it for now but I would have expected a statement if they had good news. Crossing fingers and toes! 🤞🙏❤️

noskates

Record Breaker
I think the lack of updates has more to do with the family wishing for some privacy during a very difficult time. I don't think as fans we have the right to know everything that goes on in a skater's life or a coaches life, especially in a circumstance that could be potentially life threatening. I would bet Jenni's last thought right now is to keep skating fans up to date on Todd's condition. And the lack of updates shouldn't be misconstrued as bad news. It honestly amazes me sometimes how no information suddenly becomes information. We all wish Todd to recover quickly and completely but "imagining" a situation based on NO information is just wrong.

I'll apologize in advance if I've disturbed anyone with this post but having lived through a similar situation with a family member I can tell you where the focus is and should be.

labgoat

Female thinker deep in various thoughts
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I read elsewhere that he is now in stable condition and the family asks for continued prayers. Things are progressing in a good direction. I have not wanted to say a lot but I recall being terrified when Paul Wylie had his heart attack, which was quite bad. Just keep the thoughts and prayers for Todd.

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Final Flight
Country
Canada
We already lost Jean-François Ballester, no need for another case :( :pray:
And remembering Carlo Fassi. No wish to repeat that! But the only people who need to be kept up to date are the family and close friends. Skating fans are just a more concerned and sympathetic version of drivers who slow down to look while passing the aftermath of a traffic accident.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Also, for those who may not understand the comments, this is what the Fundraiser Organizer said about Todd:

Todd Sand is a three time Olympian and father of two with his beloved wife, Jenni Meno. Todd suffered a devastating heart attack in Calgary, Canada while coaching his skating team during the Junior World Championships. Complications from the tragic heart attack occurred on March 2, 2023, which has resulted in Todd currently fighting for his life in the ICU in Canada.

Some of the comments from skaters on the Fundraiser page:

Deanna Stellato, Ann Stellato, Maxime Deschamps:

Thinking of you during this time and keeping you in our thoughts.

Kristi Yamaguchi:

“Let’s 👏Go👏 Sandman! 👏” sending love and positive vibes

Rockne Brubaker:

We love you guys and are always with you. Rockne, Stefy, Bash and Stella

Just a sampling, there are many more.

Skating47

On the Ice
Press Release from USFS on Mar 2, 2023:

"Olympic and World pairs coach Todd Sand has been hospitalized after suffering a heart attack early Thursday morning in Calgary, Alberta. Sand, a two-time Olympian, and his wife, Jenni Meno, are the coaching team of Sonia Baram and Daniel Tioumentsev, who will compete later today at the ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships 2023 at WinSport Event Centre in Calgary."

Sending prayer to him and his family!!
Press Release from USFS on Mar 2, 2023:

"Olympic and World pairs coach Todd Sand has been hospitalized after suffering a heart attack early Thursday morning in Calgary, Alberta. Sand, a two-time Olympian, and his wife, Jenni Meno, are the coaching team of Sonia Baram and Daniel Tioumentsev, who will compete later today at the ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships 2023 at WinSport Event Centre in Calgary."

Sending prayer to him and his family!!
Sending prayers to Todd , Jenni , and his family.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just clicked on the link and they've passed the $100K mark in about a day with 800+ donors. I hope they are able to reach the 500K goal. I see lots of familiar names in the comments. Nice to see the skating community rallying around Todd and his family. I hope he's out of the ICU soon and on the road to recovery.

I plan to donate anonymously a small amount. I'm sure every bit helps.