Tuktamysheva changes new Short Program; explores new directions | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Tuktamysheva changes new Short Program; explores new directions

LoopCombo

Rinkside
Oooooooooooh, I LIKE this. FABULOUS song and a great fit for Tukt. If done well, this will be Tukt's Skyfall and she will finally shake off all those (valid) empty choreography criticisms.

This is my favorite program announcement of the upcoming season so far.

I love the way you described that: Tuktik’s Skyfall! I hope so too!

LoopCombo

Rinkside
I'm looking forward to seeing this program. Hopefully, she finds a better costume designer, too.

I’m not exactly sure why, but I usually kind of love Tuktik’s costumes. I remember reading an interview with her where she said she doesn’t like them to look like figure skating dresses — of course not! She makes me laugh. Maybe she will bring back the mumu this coming season...

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Isn't she just lovely? Supporting Alina (who is only sixteen after all) and being friends with so many people. Sure, competitors on the ice, but she definitely holds up on the principle that off the ice one can be friends (just like Nam and Keegan at Nationals and Worlds). She's my star, being competitive but also just a nice person. Oh, and sexy too - I just love that exhibition. Very naughty and great to watch! I'm sure her SP is going to be fantastic. And, no, I'm not expecting Mishin to water it down unless she has problems with it. And then there are good reasons to do so - but hopefully not necessary. Why are people even expecting him to do so? He didn't do so with Caro, did he?

LynsJ

On the Ice
Isn't she just lovely? Supporting Alina (who is only sixteen after all) and being friends with so many people. Sure, competitors on the ice, but she definitely holds up on the principle that off the ice one can be friends (just like Nam and Keegan at Nationals and Worlds). She's my star, being competitive but also just a nice person. Oh, and sexy too - I just love that exhibition. Very naughty and great to watch! I'm sure her SP is going to be fantastic. And, no, I'm not expecting Mishin to water it down unless she has problems with it. And then there are good reasons to do so - but hopefully not necessary. Why are people even expecting him to do so? He didn't do so with Caro, did he?

She comes across so well off the ice!
I can’t remember if he watered down Carolina’s but I don’t think so. I’m really hoping after her resurgence last season and how well she did they will put more transitions in and keep them!
Either way I’m sure this program will be brilliant!

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
I loved the article, it is always good to read about skating novelties, many successes for Liza this season, that she maintain her consistency and wait for her new programs in Lombardia Trophy :hap10:

deedee1

Record Breaker
Like others, am looking forward to seeing how Shae can bring about something fabulous out of Liza! :yay::yay::yay: Kudos to Liza, too, for trying out of her comfort zone. :thumbsup:

I just hope she will keep these programs thruout the season, so that we can enjoy how she can dijest and ripen them as the seson deepens. :)

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I don’t think I’ve ever come across a Shae-Lynn program I didn’t like. :love: Her choreography skills are special; she’s created several unforgettable masterpieces for so many skaters over the last decade.

Papa Mishin, with all due respect, please please PLEASE don’t annihilate Liza’s program as soon as it’s finished. :roll5: Keep all the choreography, the step sequences, the transitions; just trust Shae and let Liza WORK IT! We know she’s more than capable, let us see her shine. :cheer:

pandatours

On the Ice
I think this is a fresh choice for Liza, her programs last season were...fine but it didn’t quite show off how smooth her skating is

pandatours

On the Ice
I’m not exactly sure why, but I usually kind of love Tuktik’s costumes. I remember reading an interview with her where she said she doesn’t like them to look like figure skating dresses — of course not! She makes me laugh. Maybe she will bring back the mumu this coming season...

Omg I loved her mumu. It was so floaty and pretty in jumps and it made her look very thin and tall tbh

jkaruna

Rinkside
She changed her SP to Oblivion but kept the same choreography.

https://rsport.ria.ru/20190903/1558194783.html

(google translated)

Q Her coach Alexei Mishin does not like to exaggerate the value of the connecting elements over the jumps.
A Yes, he never bothered on this subject, but how will they be judged? If a girl comes out after a not very strong athlete in terms of skate and ligaments, then the assessment may be normal. But if she comes out after a nice and interesting sliding girl, then it will be hard for someone from the judges to look at it. Yes, if we talk about Samodurova, they give her credit - she is a fighter, a staunch skater, and this helps her, but she must be shown on the versatile ice.
If we talk about Lisa Tuktamysheva, then she is an experienced athlete. Yes, without the necessary connecting elements, but she added in another. She clearly knows how to present herself and does it quite successfully. She has a kind of individual choreography, she is a person with a title that cannot be taken away.

Q Tuktamysheva staged the program by Canadian choreographer She-Lynn Bourne.
A Liza has a lot of movements from She-Lynn, but Lisa has already let them all through herself and interpreted in her own way. She-Lynn Bourne reads in these movements already a little tight. Lisa did not do it right, but how she got used to it.

Q They put the modern, but it turned out "Gypsy".
A And it turned out Lisa. Let's see what will happen in the season.

Q Radionova perfectly understood the themes of She-Lynn.
A You see, it’s not enough to put the program, then you need to work on it correctly. This is a whole story, because the director in this case does not work for you as a full-time choreographer. Therefore, it happens that at first the program goes on a hunt, and then the guard.

Q Lisa admires the She-Lynn program, but at the same time changes music to the experienced Oblivion Astor Piazzola, stipulating that the movements will remain the same.
A The Mishin team has their own opinion, they believe that they are right. Apparently, they got a production of She-Lynn Bourne, but could not digest it. This moment is very important, because you need to be able to rise to the level of She-Lynn to work with this program. But the question “Why?” Has probably become the key. "We are so good."

Q Is it possible to keep She-Lynn’s movements under Oblivion?
A You see, She-Lynn Bourne fulfills every musical measure - every head movement, every approach to an element, roll out of it. How can I take and transfer this work to other music? Personally, I do not understand this. But everyone has their own opinion.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm only now reading this thread, so I have a couple of responses to old posts.

And, no, I'm not expecting Mishin to water it down unless she has problems with it. And then there are good reasons to do so - but hopefully not necessary. Why are people even expecting him to do so? He didn't do so with Caro, did he?

Stephane Lambiel did an interview with TSL, they asked him how he felt about what happened to the program(s) he choreographed for Liza. Stephane was diplomatic with his answer. His eyes showed his feelings, but he said, "Well ... they kept the music." So yes, my impression is that they "Mishinize" the choreography. Maybe not for Caro ... but I believe she strongly emphasized her own artistic values.

I don’t think I’ve ever come across a Shae-Lynn program I didn’t like. :love: Her choreography skills are special; she’s created several unforgettable masterpieces for so many skaters over the last decade.

Papa Mishin, with all due respect, please please PLEASE don’t annihilate Liza’s program as soon as it’s finished. :roll5: Keep all the choreography, the step sequences, the transitions; just trust Shae and let Liza WORK IT! We know she’s more than capable, let us see her shine. :cheer:

I would put the "praying" icon here, except that I'm reading and writing this after annihilation seems to be underway :(

She changed her SP to Oblivion but kept the same choreography.

https://rsport.ria.ru/20190903/1558194783.html

(google translated)

Q Lisa admires the She-Lynn program, but at the same time changes music to the experienced Oblivion Astor Piazzola, stipulating that the movements will remain the same.
A The Mishin team has their own opinion, they believe that they are right. Apparently, they got a production of She-Lynn Bourne, but could not digest it. This moment is very important, because you need to be able to rise to the level of She-Lynn to work with this program. But the question “Why?” Has probably become the key. "We are so good."

Q Is it possible to keep She-Lynn’s movements under Oblivion?
A You see, She-Lynn Bourne fulfills every musical measure - every head movement, every approach to an element, roll out of it. How can I take and transfer this work to other music? Personally, I do not understand this. But everyone has their own opinion.

I believe it is Inna Goncharenko who is answering the questions put to her by this interviewer. And her answers are quite frank, while diplomatic, and, to me, spot on.

She understands what it is that makes Shea-Lynne's choreography so special. I can only think that Mishin doesn't "connect" this in his thinking at all. To me, there's the added bizarre irony that Mishin partnered in pairs with Tamara Moskvina, who honors the music and the importance of fulfilling the emotions of the music, to unparalleled effect.

It's a mystery.:shrug: Or was it Liza's decision? Maybe.

Having said this, Liza might surprise me. Anything's possible, in figure skating. I wish her well.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
She understands what it is that makes Shea-Lynne's choreography so special. I can only think that Mishin doesn't "connect" this in his thinking at all. To me, there's the added bizarre irony that Mishin partnered in pairs with Tamara Moskvina, who honors the music and the importance of fulfilling the emotions of the music, to great effect. Or was it Liza's decision? Maybe.

It's a mystery.:shrug:

Having said this, Liza might surprise me. Anything's possible, in figure skating. I wish her well.

Goncharenko also said in another interview that sometimes the women is the lead in ice dance, so perhaps Moskvina was the lead in her pairing with Mishin? He is probably too proud (or stubborn ;-) to admit?

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker

As much as I disagree with Liza on changing the music, I agree with you that we should wait and see when she skates it at test skates or senior b.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Goncharenko also said in another interview that sometimes the women is the lead in ice dance, so perhaps Moskvina was the lead in her pairing with Mishin? He is probably too proud (or stubborn ;-) to admit?

They skated pairs, but you make a good point.

LynsJ

On the Ice
Don’t know what to make of this! I was really looking forward to seeing her with this music. [emoji848]