U.S. Figure Skating Championship Series: General Info | Page 2 | Golden Skate

U.S. Figure Skating Championship Series: General Info

Katyaever

Rinkside
Repeating from Post #3 of this thread ...

Per the USFS document (emphasis added):​
Criteria Notes​
If the maximum spots allotted for byes are not met through the outlined criteria, additional competitors from the U.S. Figure Skating Championship Series will be invited to fill the maximum available spots at the U.S. Figure Skating Championships© for each level/discipline. Competitors from the Championship Series will be selected based on next best total combined score(s) in the nation. This will apply equally to all disciplines in the junior and senior events. ...​
Thank you! I missed that…

yuki@thelake

Rinkside
In the Participant Handbook for juvenile-novice, it says:

- Singles (Ladies/Men):

o Juvenile & Intermediate: top four athletes from each section, in each level
o Novice: top four athletes from each section, in each level
▪ NOTE: The top three scoring novice single athletes in the nation will also be invited to compete in Junior at the 2022 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating
Championships

The rules clearly say top 4 athletes from each section so E1-E4 for the eastern section, M1-M4 for the midwest section, and P1-P4 for the pacific section.

But I look at the series standings and they have also marked the ones that are in the 5th and 6th for each section (E5, E6, M5, M6, P5, P6). Why are the 5th and 6th in each section marked as well? Are the 5 & 6 alternates? Does anybody know?

Katyaever

Rinkside
In the Participant Handbook for juvenile-novice, it says:

The rules clearly say top 4 athletes from each section so E1-E4 for the eastern section, M1-M4 for the midwest section, and P1-P4 for the pacific section.

But I look at the series standings and they have also marked the ones that are in the 5th and 6th for each section (E5, E6, M5, M6, P5, P6). Why are the 5th and 6th in each section marked as well? Are the 5 & 6 alternates? Does anybody know?

I don’t know for sure, but I believe it’s just how the Standings list was implemented. It doesn’t appear to be tailored to the requirements for each level. For example, Juniors have 3 tops scores from each section advancing, but there are also 6 top scores that are highlighted. Same with Seniors where there are only 2 spots available for advancement.

Last edited:

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Where do you find these series standings? Or is that part of the "members only" section of the site?

Seven Sisters

Medalist
I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but—I’m on a mailing list for events at the Bridgestone Arena, where Nationals are being held, and they just sent out an email which gives me pause, given that I’ve already bought tickets. The Arena writes:

Effective Nov. 13, 2021, guests will no longer be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test to attend Nashville Predators games. The change in protocol will also apply to events held at the venue — including MercyMe on Nov. 14 — unless a specific tour or event has its own protocols that differ from the protocols announced Nov. 3, 2021. This change comes after significant improvements in Nashville/Davidson County in the metrics that are used by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to measure transmission

Please tell me that USFS plans to require vaccinations/tests and masks. It occurs to me that I haven’t seen any information on the subject.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but—I’m on a mailing list for events at the Bridgestone Arena, where Nationals are being held, and they just sent out an email which gives me pause, given that I’ve already bought tickets. The Arena writes:

Effective Nov. 13, 2021, guests will no longer be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test to attend Nashville Predators games. The change in protocol will also apply to events held at the venue — including MercyMe on Nov. 14 — unless a specific tour or event has its own protocols that differ from the protocols announced Nov. 3, 2021. This change comes after significant improvements in Nashville/Davidson County in the metrics that are used by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to measure transmission

Please tell me that USFS plans to require vaccinations/tests and masks. It occurs to me that I haven’t seen any information on the subject.
Did you ask Brent?

yuki@thelake

Rinkside

For the championship series, USFS requires everyone to wear masks. Athletes and spectators were not asked to show covid tests/vaccinations. I would think they'd follow the same health protocols.

They did require proof of Covid vaccinations + Covid tests 72 hours prior for the National High Performance camp in Nashville in August. Though that's for a smaller and more contained audience than the nationals

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Do you guys know if Naumov still qualifies for the Nationals if he WD from his assignment?

Naumov has a bye to 2022 Nats because he placed in top five at 2021 Nats.

Regardless of anything that did or did not happen this season.

I really hope that his injury at the time of Rostelecom will not prevent him from competing at Nats. :pray:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Naumov has a bye to 2022 Nats because he placed in top five at 2021 Nats.

Regardless of anything that did or did not happen this season.

I really hope that his injury at the time of Rostelecom will not prevent him from competing at Nats. :pray:
Thank you! Hope he will be well.