skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Unforgotten

Genre: Drama, Crime, Mystery

First aired: 2015-10-08

Creator: Chris Lang

Cast: Nicola Walker, Sanjeev Bhaskar, Lewis Reeves, Peter Egan, Carolina Main, Jordan Long

Overview: 'Unforgotten' follows modern police team DCI Cassie Stuart and DI Sunny Khan, who gradually unravel long-forgotten secrets which have a dramatic impact on their investigation and the four potential suspects. The slow revelation of the secrets will also affect the personal lives of both Sunny and Cassie.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This one is on my list. I think I may have seen a first season, but need to catch up.

skylark

Record Breaker
That phrase "the slow revelation of the secrets" is a major part of why I love this series so much. Also, the way the relationships are explored, the relationship of Cassie and Sunny, relationships with their families, and also, the relationships of the people whose present-day circumstances are being revealed and initially, we don't know why.

Another thing I love is seeing so many gorgeous shots of towns, neighborhoods, countrysides, and waterways in England. In commentary by the creator, Chris Lang, he said that's one of the things he wanted to showcase.

Also, in every series, at least one person will say something like "it's ancient history." Cassie and Sunny's investigations show that that's not at all the case. I also love the secondary investigators, watching how they go about digging through their assignments and surfacing things.

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
Riveting series but emotionally devastating..
The investigators bring hope to families destroyed by loss and grief and horror and, they don’t always get things right. The final story reveals a perpetrator who is as close to evil incarnate as I have ever seen on film...

auser

Record Breaker
That phrase "the slow revelation of the secrets" is a major part of why I love this series so much. Also, the way the relationships are explored, the relationship of Cassie and Sunny, relationships with their families, and also, the relationships of the people whose present-day circumstances are being revealed and initially, we don't know why.

Another thing I love is seeing so many gorgeous shots of towns, neighborhoods, countrysides, and waterways in England. In commentary by the creator, Chris Lang, he said that's one of the things he wanted to showcase.

Also, in every series, at least one person will say something like "it's ancient history." Cassie and Sunny's investigations show that that's not at all the case. I also love the secondary investigators, watching how they go about digging through their assignments and surfacing things.
I can't wait for series four.

skylark

Record Breaker
Riveting series but emotionally devastating..
The investigators bring hope to families destroyed by loss and grief and horror and, they don’t always get things right. The final story reveals a perpetrator who is as close to evil incarnate as I have ever seen on film...
You're right. What I find at the end of each series is a reason to hope. The families who relive their grief and experience the horror again at least have the chance, the possibility, to have closure, shut the door on those feelings, rather than having them buried and reliving them from time to time or having the feelings interfere with their lives. And then they have the chance to move forward. I'm not saying it would ever be easy.

SPOILER for Series 3.
I think a really good example of the above is the mother of the girl who was murdered. After so many years, she still hasn't been able to have a life. But once everything is known and after about a year, she's been able to grieve and then she and her other daughter can laugh and celebrate Hayley's life again, and enjoy each other again.

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
You're right. What I find at the end of each series is a reason to hope. The families who relive their grief and experience the horror again at least have the chance, the possibility, to have closure, shut the door on those feelings, rather than having them buried and reliving them from time to time or having the feelings interfere with their lives. And then they have the chance to move forward. I'm not saying it would ever be easy.

SPOILER for Series 3.
I think a really good example of the above is the mother of the girl who was murdered. After so many years, she still hasn't been able to have a life. But once everything is known and after about a year, she's been able to grieve and then she and her other daughter can laugh and celebrate Hayley's life again, and enjoy each other again.
Reply to spoiler...
This is why investigators move forward with diligence and purpose despite personal cost... Beautiful final scene in Season 3 (yellow flowers:)) when they all meet and celebrate Hailey’s life....

TV show information provided by The Movie Database