US Championship Series - Alpharetta, Georgia | Page 4 | Golden Skate

US Championship Series - Alpharetta, Georgia

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Ting! :( Was hoping she could keep the good times rolling, alas.
Actually, with her injury, I dont know what to say to her. I know how bad she would like to go to Nats, but if her injury is just going to be kept being agravated by skating now and there is hope she can heal or get an operation and heal and come back next year, I would vote for that. At 19, its a tough decision. Here is what wiki says about her Feb. interview by Polina.
"While appearing on Polina Edmunds's podcast, on an episode that was released in February 2021, Cui said she was training in Lake Placid, New York with Paul Wylie, and was still recovering from her injury. She said was working on getting her triples consistent, and is looking to be back and competing for the next season.[12] Cui also said her coaching situation for the upcoming season would be dependent upon several factors, including where she decided to attend college."

Country
Norway
Gracie ❤️❤️❤️

Omg this is must be the first time since since her comeback that she landed a cleanish 3Lz-3T (got a q on the toeloop but that is nothing). Also it´s her highest SP score since 2016. And she is leading after the SP!:jump::jump:

This must feel incredible.

I will go try find a video because I want to see this so badly!!

Fingers crossed this gives her much needed energy for the FS. You can do this Gracie!

What does she need to go til Nationals now? Finish up 2?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gracie ❤️❤️❤️

Omg this is must be the first time since since her comeback that she landed a cleanish 3Lz-3T (got a q on the toeloop but that is nothing). Also it´s her highest SP score since 2016. And she is leading after the SP!:jump::jump:

This must feel incredible.

I will go try find a video because I want to see this so badly!!

Fingers crossed this gives her much needed energy for the FS. You can do this Gracie!

What does she need to go til Nationals now? Finish up 2?
There is one linked in the US ladies skating thread.

Gracie was holding the last Nationals spot with score 163.62 coming in to this competition. So if no one exceeds that she’s in already. I have not seen the Spokane Comp yet.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Why doesn’t Ting have a coach with her?🥲. That’s not going to get her to Nationals.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ok well it was…ok. She just needs to trust her training more. But I don’t think she let go of the performance.

sworddance21

On the Ice
Ok well it was…ok. She just needs to trust her training more. But I don’t think she let go of the performance.
I didn't think so either. I'm a dancer, and not a skater, but my understanding is pops are a timing thing, yes? She stayed on her feet and her spins and stamina look good.

ladykk

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Not as good as yesterday, but still one of her stronger skates since her comeback. Should be enough to get her to Nationals, I think?