US Championship Series - Alpharetta, Georgia | Page 5 | Golden Skate

US Championship Series - Alpharetta, Georgia

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not as good as yesterday, but still one of her stronger skates since her comeback. Should be enough to get her to Nationals, I think?
She was holding the last Nationals spot with 163.62 prior to this. We have to wait for the Spokane comp to finish before we are 100% sure. But I think it looks good. @ice coverage do you agree?

sworddance21

On the Ice
Jackie Wong tweeted this:
Gracie Gold’s FS from the second qualifying event 3Lz3T(hand,ftdwn), 1Lo(step), 2A, 3S, 3Lz(q?), 1F, 2A2T2T TES 51.86, PCS 56.41, FS 108.27, TOTAL 175.76 - her highest total score since 2017 Nationals; also the strongest she’s looked stamina-wise in a very long time

sworddance21

On the Ice
I thought I read something about top 2 from each series qualify. Did I make that up? Gracie is going to win this comp. :)

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We just don’t know how Spokane will be. That’s the only fly in the ointment.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ok so what do we call her now?! (Other than Queen). Example when they had Sectionals there was an Eastern Sectionals Champion.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I believe Gracie is in. She bumped Jill Heiner out of second place for the Eastern Section.

Well ... IMO, it is not a done deal for second place for Eastern section for Gracie in the final standings -- because Hanna Harrell is listed as an entry for Spokane.
Representing SCOB, Hanna scored 171.75 in Henderson, and it is not unthinkable to me that she could overtake Gracie.
Spokane SP is tonight, and Spokane FS is tomorrow night.

That said, I do believe that it is looking extremely likely that Gracie will qualify for Nats, but perhaps as one of the "next three in the nation."

Even if(?) Hanna were to place second in Eastern, I think chances are low that multiple other women in Spokane would get scores sufficient to end up bumping Gracie out of "next three in the nation."

Last edited:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well ... IMO, it is not a done deal for second place for Eastern section for Gracie in the final standings -- because Hanna Harrell is listed as an entry for Spokane.
Representing SCOB, Hanna scored 171.75 in Henderson, and it is not unthinkable to me that she could overtake Gracie.
Spokane SP is tonight, and Spokane FS is tomorrow night.

That said, I do believe that it is looking extremely likely that Gracie will qualify for Nats, but perhaps as one of the "next three in the nation."

Even if(?) Hanna were to place second in Eastern, I think chances are low that multiple other women in Spokane would get scores sufficient to end up bumping Gracie out of "next three in the nation."
Thank you for keeping up with all this for us. It is so confusing to me. I suppose if they keep this format I’ll figure it out at some point.