US Championship Series - Leesburg, Virginia | Page 8 | Golden Skate

US Championship Series - Leesburg, Virginia

gliese

Final Flight
Country
United-States
We were in the performance center for Cranberry Cup and constantly marveled at how fast it was and literally I did not have time to get to the bathroom and back and was wishing they would take longer. It never occurred to me to actually time it. Maybe next year.
I'll time it tomorrow if I'm sitting in there at all haha :)

gliese

Final Flight
Country
United-States
They also hardly ever walked out with buckets and put ice in the divots. Do you know why?
It's beautiful ice and basically dedicated to figure skating which means it's optimal for figure skating. I've rarely made huge divots in the ice in that rink. When the ice is crap divots get made a lot more easily.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It was not bed and there was some aspects of the old Gracie back for sure. She can build on this!!
There is very little time to build on anything. There is only one more comp for her to make Nationals.

Tinymavy15

Record Breaker
There is very little time to build on anything. There is only one more comp for her to make Nationals.
Gracie looked like she was in great shape and indeed went for the 3/3 even tho she did not need that in this competition. She got to close to the boards and that rattled her for the rest of the program. She looked like she just wanted it to end right there. I hope Gracie is still training and competing for the right reasons, and finds joy in what she is doing....if she's having a good time placement does not matter, but she didn't look like she was having a good time at all.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gracie looked like she was in great shape and indeed went for the 3/3 even tho she did not need that in this competition. She got to close to the boards and that rattled her for the rest of the program. She looked like she just wanted it to end right there. I hope Gracie is still training and competing for the right reasons, and finds joy in what she is doing....if she's having a good time placement does not matter, but she didn't look like she was having a good time at all.
She did not today, no. But yesterday she did, very much so.

If you go back to yesterday’s skate you will see her smiling throughout and at the end. Blowing kisses to her subjects in K&C, etc.

It’s my assumption she wishes to make Nationals this year and if so she’s probably going to have to skate better. That’s all I’m saying.

I’m not sure what you mean by “didn’t need it for this competition.” If she is attempting to make it to Nationals she has to be one of the top two scoring ladies from each region or one of the top 3 in the country after that. I’m not sure she would have attained either goal without the 3/3.

If she is happy not making Nationals I am there for her. I do think she wants to make it though.

Last edited: