USFS International Selection Pool (ISP) Points Challenge | Golden Skate

USFS International Selection Pool (ISP) Points Challenge

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Press Release

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado (Sept. 9, 2020) - Over 100 U.S. Figure Skating athletes will debut their programs for the 2020-21 season during the International Selection Pool (ISP) Points Challenge, a virtual competition organized by U.S. Figure Skating. The competition, which will include Olympic and U.S. medalists, will be available for on-demand viewing on the video corner of the U.S. Figure Skating Fan Zone starting on Sept. 9. Participating athletes will compete for $200,000 in prize money, as well as advancement to the 2021 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships. Additionally, the competition will be used as criteria for future international assignments.

The ISP Points Challenge will feature U.S. Figure Skating’s premier junior- and senior-level athletes in singles, pairs and ice dance. Entrants will submit videos of their short program/rhythm dance and free skate/free dance to be judged by a panel of national, international and ISU-level officials. Each performance will be proctored to ensure the integrity of the video that is submitted for judging. If they choose, athletes have two opportunities compete and will be ranked by their best total score in each discipline.

All competition footage will be available on-demand on the Fan Zone a week after the programs have been judged. Fans can follow along on competition central. A full schedule of events is detailed below (subject to change).

EventAvailable on Fan Zone
Junior Ladies
Junior Men
Wednesday, Sept. 9
Junior Ice Dance
Junior Pairs
Tuesday, Sept. 15
Senior Ladies
Senior Men
Senior Pairs
Senior Ice Dance
Tuesday, Sept. 22
Junior Ladies
Junior Men
Junior Pairs
Tuesday, Sept. 29
Senior Ladies
Senior Men
Senior Pairs
Senior Pairs
Junior Ice Dance
Tuesday, Oct. 6

Last edited:

heartyxo

On the Ice
I’m super excited about this! I’m not American, but I think my favourite figure skating team at the moment is team USA. I like most of the skaters on it and I can’t wait to see new programs!

katymay

Medalist
A few juniors are already posted. But the video is so far away it is hard to tell whether jumps are rotated, two footed etc. Also no names with the video-so I guess it is up to you to figure out the names? From the videos posted-Tammy (junior lady from Dallas) had some powerful jumps. Maybe this is her year. Then again, from the strange video perspective, you can't really tell much-just a general impression of the programs.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Also no names with the video-so I guess it is up to you to figure out the names? ...

Today I noticed that the Competition Central page has added links to Starting Orders -- which were not there yesterday, IIRC.

Better late than never for the first batch of videos.
(I am in luck, b/c I had not yet gotten very far in watching the first batch.)

And going forward, future links to Starting Orders will make things easier.

ETA:
The Starting Order link for Junior Men should be: https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/documents/2020/9/9/Jr_Men_Opp_1_Starting_Order.pdf
(The link currently given for Men accidentally is for Ladies.)​

champagnerain

Final Flight
Today I noticed that the Competition Central page has added links to Starting Orders -- which were not there yesterday, IIRC.

Better late than never for the first batch of videos.
(I am in luck, b/c I had not yet gotten very far in watching the first batch.)

And going forward, future links to Starting Orders will make things easier.

ETA:
The Starting Order link for Junior Men should be: https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/documents/2020/9/9/Jr_Men_Opp_1_Starting_Order.pdf
(The link currently given for Men accidentally is for Ladies.)​

Of course, both links lead to the Ladies' Starting order. :palmf:

The correct link for the Junior Men's Starting Order (1st Opportunity) is here, which I uncovered with my great genius by replacing the word "Ladies" with "Men" in the URL. :laugh:

ETA: D'oh, apparently you added the correct link as I was typing my reply! :drama:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... ETA: D'oh, apparently you added the correct link as I was typing my reply! :drama:

No worries :ghug: ... there was no way for either one of us to know that we both were typing up the same thing at the same time.

Anyway, I simply am grateful that USFS is sharing the videos. Am willing to cut them some slack as they do so.

(And BTW, this week USFS also is holding an additional virtual competition -- Virtual Challenge Skate [for novice/junior singles, by invitation]. Similar name, but different competition.
So all the more, I am willing to cut USFS some slack.)

haribobo

On the Ice
Junior Pairs and Dance are up

https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/...national-selection-pool-points-challenge.aspx

JR PAIR SP
1. Martins/Bedard 47.13
2. Fleming/Isbell 45.40

JR PAIRS TOTAL
1. Fleming/Isbell 116.29
2. Martins/Bedard 115.60

JR DANCE RD
1. Wolfkostin/Chen 66.82
2. Delcamp/Somerville 61.92
3. Ling/Wein 53.01
4. Tkachenko/Kiliakov 49.28

JR DANCE TOTAL
1. Wolfkostin/Chen 153.78
2. Delcamp/Somerville 140.95
3. Ling/Wein 127.12
4. Tkachenko/Kiliakov 123.86

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Junior Pairs and Dance are up

https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/...national-selection-pool-points-challenge.aspx

JR PAIR SP
1. Martins/Bedard 47.13
2. Fleming/Isbell 45.40

JR PAIRS TOTAL
1. Fleming/Isbell 116.29
2. Martins/Bedard 115.60

JR DANCE RD
1. Wolfkostin/Chen 66.82
2. Delcamp/Somerville 61.92
3. Ling/Wein 53.01
4. Tkachenko/Kiliakov 49.28

JR DANCE TOTAL
1. Wolfkostin/Chen 153.78
2. Delcamp/Somerville 140.95
3. Ling/Wein 127.12
4. Tkachenko/Kiliakov 123.86

Thank you! Because they're not up now. I wonder why.... at least I can't see them, there's no links there.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Thank you! Because they're not up now. I wonder why.... at least I can't see them, there's no links there.

If you want the video links, the new Junior Pairs and Junior Dance videos are here (as are last week's videos):

At least for me, the links there to the new videos are working.

Thanks to haribobo for today's update.

ETA:
And now the Competition Central page has been updated with links to today's new videos + results + skate orders.​

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Well at least JR Ice Dance is working - Pairs isn't. The link to the results page and starting orders goes nowhere.

Edit: And the links to the Junior Pairs results and starting orders have been removed.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
In case anyone needs the skate order for junior pairs (before USFS :ghug: posts again), it is: 1) Martins/Bedard; 2) Fleming/Isbell.

Martins/Bedard unfortunately were off their game at Nationals, and I am glad to see them back in the mix. :yay:

BTW, Fleming/Isbell's videos were recorded at the brand-new (and beautiful :luv17:) Skating Club of Boston facility, which just opened in Norwood.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
In case anyone needs the skate order for junior pairs (before USFS :ghug: posts again), it is: 1) Martins/Bedard; 2) Fleming/Isbell.

Martins/Bedard unfortunately were off their game at Nationals, and I am glad to see them back in the mix. :yay:

BTW, Fleming/Isbell's videos were recorded at the brand-new (and beautiful :luv17:) Skating Club of Boston facility, which just opened in Norwood.
Ice coverage, I join you in appreciating the very young Martins/Bedard. I thought they were delightful at JGP Lake Placid last year!

katymay

Medalist
SENIOR MEN SP
Nathan Chen 105.53
Jason Brown 94.51
Tomoki Hiwatashi 82.80
Ilia Malinin 80.87
Jimmy Ma 79.69
Maxim Naumov 66.24
Joseph Kang 64.67
Sean Rabbitt 62.91
Dinh Tran 60.70
Alexei Krasnozhon 60.44
Is Ilia skating to Billy Jean? Looks like he grew a foot and gained two beautiful quads. Lots of Weepy Generic Pop Ballads. (thank goodness for the mute button)

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is there a list of participants for the senior events?