USFS International Selection Pool (ISP) Points Challenge | Page 6 | Golden Skate

USFS International Selection Pool (ISP) Points Challenge

lutzlover

On the Ice
USFS needs to get it together. I can only speak for myself, but my social life has been barren for the past few months and (sadly) skating is one of the few things I look forward to. At least let us know there will be delays or tech difficulties!

natsulian

Final Flight
They've updated the site, but the videos are still not up. Furthermore, the links to the videos, results, and starting order are dead. Hopefully they can fix this.

natsulian

Final Flight
Videos are up (just as soon as I got done studying, too) --> https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/watch/?Archive=1736&category=102&type=Archive

Although I haven't watched all of the performances yet, Haley Scott (second to skate) caught my attention; she has powerful jumps, amazing artistry for her age, and stunning skating skills but struggles with consistency. Hopefully she can piece things together as she matures because she is a wow factor!

haribobo

On the Ice
Interesting results in Jr Men with Martynov crushing everyone in the SP but losing the FS by 12 points and Broussard almost tying for 1st overall.

Overall Results-

Jr Men- Martynov, Broussard, Hsieh, Kapeikis, Nielsen, Mindra, Shinohara, Liao

Jr Ladies- Levito, Huynh, Scott, Herrera, Pierce, Meredith, Frank, Wang

Jr Pairs- Smirnova/Siianytsia, Martins/Bedard, Scott/Hubbart

lutzlover

On the Ice
Videos are up (just as soon as I got done studying, too) --> https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/watch/?Archive=1736&category=102&type=Archive

Although I haven't watched all of the performances yet, Haley Scott (second to skate) caught my attention; she has powerful jumps, amazing artistry for her age, and stunning skating skills but struggles with consistency. Hopefully she can piece things together as she matures because she is a wow factor!
I remember seeing Haley a few years ago at nationals at the intermediate level. She was one of the few who had a triple lutz and her jumps were almost too powerful for her to land. She fell off my radar so I’m glad to see her back!!

katymay

Medalist

She is a little powerhouse, isn't she. Love the short haircut as well. Certainly all the parts are there. I think she might end up doing pretty well in pairs as well. And I loved the crowd support-that really does help with this virtual thing. Is she skating out of Florida? I'm guessing that is the new Sarasota Ice rink. (Well, not that new, but pretty new). I also love Herrara's short program, every time I see it. Not perfectly executed, but an awfully cute program with catchy music. Hard not to feel sad for those girls who would be getting ready for JGP this year. Has to be very depressing for them.

haribobo

On the Ice
It would be interesting to see how JGP assignments might have gone this season. Based on nationals and the summer scores, I would guess something like-
Men- Naumov, Malinin, Klein, Annis, maybe Kapeikis, Altieri, and Baker
Ladies- Liu, Thorngren, Levito, Huynh, JLin, Cheng, A. Shin, Pooja K, Finley H.
National medalists Calista Choi, Isabelle Inthisone, and Eric Sjoberg seem MIA so far...

Pacific Coast spots for the men will be hotly contested if all of Endo, Mindra, Broussard, Yaninek (or Mids?), Kovar, and Kapeikis are competing, although Broussard might do novice at Sectionals replacement comp and easily get to Nationals that way. He looks to be tops of the field either way based on the ISP comp we just saw. Will Taira and Lake do novice men? Seems the easiest route to Nationals for them. Martynov, Klein, and Nielsen look strong from Mids. And Baker, Annis, Hsieh, and maybe Altieri and Yampolsky look strong from East.

For ladies, so far the top scores per section are-
East- Levito, Scott, Ziegler, Leahy
Mids- Lin, Cheng, Huynh, Zheng
Pacs- Herrera, Kalin, Frank, Wang

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Broussard might do novice at Sectionals replacement comp and easily get to Nationals that way. ... Will Taira and Lake do novice men? Seems the easiest route to Nationals for them. ...

Taira Shinohara is on the Novice Men entry list for the Leesburg event of the Championship Series.

ETA (on Oct 20):​

Lake Liao is listed in the Junior Men start order for the Fort Wayne event of the Championship Series.​

ETA (on Oct 21):​

Lucas Broussard is on the competitors list for Novice Men for the Spokane event of the Championship Series.​

I can't find any info about it so my memory might totally deceive me here (or I dreamt it). :) But isn't worlds supposed to be in Boston or somewhere in the U.S. in 2024? ...

The ISU's formal bidding process for 2024 Worlds has not even started yet.

The U.S. reportedly plans to make a bid for 2024 Worlds, but I myself would not count my chickens before they hatch.

(Detroit is a possible location for the U.S. bid.)

Last edited:

haribobo

On the Ice

ISP Senior Ladies SP (Opp 2)
1. Mariah Bell 69.28
2. Bradie Tennell 65.32
3. Alysa Liu 64.06
4. Audrey Shin 62.63
5. Amber Glenn 61.91
6. Karen Chen 59.58
7. Paige Rydberg 58.03
8. Lindsay Thorngren 54.12
9. Rena Ikenishi 53.72
10. Gracie Gold 51.95
11. Pooja Kalyan 50.94
12. Sarah Jung 48.15
13. Sierra Venetta 44.94

katymay

Medalist

ISP Senior Ladies SP (Opp 2)
1. Mariah Bell 69.28
2. Bradie Tennell 65.32
3. Alysa Liu 64.06
4. Audrey Shin 62.63
5. Amber Glenn 61.91
6. Karen Chen 59.58
7. Paige Rydberg 58.03
8. Lindsay Thorngren 54.12
9. Rena Ikenishi 53.72
10. Gracie Gold 51.95
11. Pooja Kalyan 50.94
12. Sarah Jung 48.15
13. Sierra Venetta 44.94
Seems a bit low for Lindsay.

trkvy

Match Penalty
To me it looks like

Bell 2A 3F+3T<fall 3Lz
Tennell 2A 3Lz!<+3T< 3F<
Liu 3Lz< 2Aq 3F!q+3T<

Last edited:

haribobo

On the Ice
Dance starting order
McNamara/Spiridonov, Pate/Bye, Cesanek/Yehorov, Green/Parsons, Carreira/Ponomarenko, Hawayek/Baker, Hubbell/Donohue

Ladies starting order
Audrey Shin, Paige Rydberg, Gracie Gold, Rena Ikenishi, Pooja Kalyan, Sarah Jung, Lindsay Thorngren, Sierra Venetta, Alysa Liu, Karen Chen, Amber Glenn, Mariah Bell, Bradie Tennell

Men Starting Order
Jordan Moeller, Joseph Kang, Dinh Tran, Ilia Malinin, Jimmy Ma, Ryan Dunk, Alexei Krasnozhon, Tomoki Hiwatashi, Camden Pulkinen, Nathan Chen

Pairs starting order
McBeath/Bartholomay, Chan/Howe, Knierim/Frazier, Serafini/Tran, Finster/Nagy, Lu/Mitrofanov, Calalang/Johnson, Cain/Leduc, Kayne/O'Shea

Dance RD Results
1. Hubbell/Donohue 82.14
2. Hawayek/Baker 80.57
3. Green/Parsons 75.65
4. Carreira/Ponomarenko 72.46
5. Cesanek/Yehorov 65.45
6. McNamara/Spiridonov 60.70
7. Pate/Bye 58.91

Dance Overall
1. Hubbell/Donohue 206.51
2. Hawayek/Baker 195.70
3. Carreira/Ponomarenko 186.59
4. Green/Parsons 179.41
5. Cesanek/Yehorov 167.19
6. McNamara/Spiridonov 151.49
7. Pate/Bye 146.83

Pairs SP
1. Calalang/Johnson 76.41
2. Knierim/Frazier 71.15
3. Cain-Gribble/Leduc 66.18
4. Lu/Mitrofanov 59.49 (this is how it shows up, perhaps really in 5th place)
5. Kayne/O'Shea 63.52 (this is how it shows up, perhaps really in 4th place)
6. Serafini/Tran 58.53
7. Chan/Howe 54.85
8. McBeath/Bartholomay 54.31
9. Finster/Nagy 46.03

Pairs Overall
1. Calalang/Johnson 215.66
2. Knierim/Frazier 200.75
3. Cain-Gribble/Leduc 186.52
4. Kayne/O'Shea 183.52
5. Lu/Mitrofanov 176.10
6. Serafini/Tran 167.75
7. McBeath/Bartholomay 155.36