WANTED: Jackson Elite DJ5200 boots size 8.5 or any similar boot (70-80 stiffness)

saraxsadiq

Spectator
I'm also okay with men's boots in a size 7. I can't afford new boots at the moment, and I feel like my ankles could break at any moment starting doubles in Mystiques

Ic3Rabbit

Patineuse élite et professionnelle
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I'm also okay with men's boots in a size 7. I can't afford new boots at the moment, and I feel like my ankles could break at any moment starting doubles in Mystiques
That's because you should be nowhere near doing anything above a walley in those skates. You could or could have possibly already injured yourself from doing so. You should be looking for a Premiere/Premiere Fusion which is what you need for the level jumps you're doing, be aware they are going to be way stiffer and you honestly need to be properly fit at that point in your skating by a pro fitter/tech that works with only figure skates. Also, those boots don't come with blades, so you're going to need them.

saraxsadiq

Spectator
That's because you should be nowhere near doing anything above a walley in those skates. You could or could have possibly already injured yourself from doing so. You should be looking for a Premiere/Premiere Fusion which is what you need for the level jumps you're doing, be aware they are going to be way stiffer and you honestly need to be properly fit at that point in your skating by a pro fitter/tech that works with only figure skates. Also, those boots don't come with blades, so you're going to need them.
Thanks for replying! Yeah, now even adding extra stitching and taping myself up isn't cutting it. The problem is, all of my money is going towards ice time and lessons, so I only have $300-400 that I saved during lockdown to invest in skates. I just scoured the internet and found some Premieres in my size (8.5) for $238 on Sideline Swap. It's my size for the Mystiques + I've tried on Elites before (my friend's) in that size and they fit really well. Unfortunately, I live in Bahrain which is an island country without a single skate shop, so getting fitted isn't an option :(

saraxsadiq

Spectator
Oh and they don't come with blades. I found some MK Visions for $112, but the size is 9 1/2, and I think I need 10 1/4.

Ic3Rabbit

Patineuse élite et professionnelle
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
You really need properly fitted. I'm going to keep emphasizing that and others from Lutz Corner where we discuss these things will back me up on that. Many skate companies do virtual fittings if you go to their sites. I know Harlick and I think Jackson does at least. As far as Visions, they don't make those anymore, they haven't for years. The issues for you with those is not just the size, but what condition are these blades really in? Many people sell some really badly conditioned blades online, so please be careful.