does anyone want to actually see Trusova go for 12 quad lutzes? We need Zayak rule and we need backloading limit. Although with the way the current backloading rules are set up the programs become rather boring. I would prefer they tried out "only combos get backloading credit" now that would be interesting1. Allow any jumps anywhere for seniors.
2. GOE back to +/- 3 from 5.
3. Prepare CoP BVs for quints.
4. Allow skates with passive mechanics, like in the speed skating.
5. Fall on the back = 0 points.
I don’t think it’s about nixing Zayak rule, I think it’s about allowing 3A and quads in short programs for junior and senior women.does anyone want to actually see Trusova go for 12 quad lutzes? We need Zayak rule and we need backloading limit. Although with the way the current backloading rules are set up the programs become rather boring. I would prefer they tried out "only combos get backloading credit" now that would be interesting
i like her jumps too but tbh she would land 6 of them at best. it would be a terrible program.I don’t think it’s about nixing Zayak rule, I think it’s about allowing 3A and quads in short programs for junior and senior women.
To be honest, in juniors, I would love to see only one required jump in the short program, to divest from axel being the solitary universal test of skill. Any single jump can be required on any given year, and it can be double, triple or quad.
Not that I would mind seeing Trusova jump 12 lutzes. I don’t mind seeing Trusova jump anything she wants. I just love seeing her jumps when she is in good health. It is amazeballs.
I would rather they only score TES as you said and then have to make deductions for PCS. Like they can deduct between 0-20 points or something, and there are defined deductions such as “labored crossovers” “poor extension” “skating through music.” It would make the judges have to be more accountable and actually think before assigning PCSI hope one day ISU removes PCS entirely. The only important part is skating skills but that can be evaluated through some tech device and/or program like ice scope. Transitions are already linked to GOE. The rest of PCS is pure bogus and In my opinion it has no business in sport.
GOE and tech calls should be done the same way. Even if the system wouldn't be perfect at the beginning, it would be the exact same for everyone.
I'd rather take less exciting programs with objectively fair judging over political and reputation-based circus.
Never-ending discussions about artistry and other subjective stuff with "i feel nothing" arguments don't belong to sport.
I'd rather say right now you're allowed to jump 3 Flips/Lutzes in the program if you disguise the takeoff enough (or have the rep to not get penalised for it).That being said, right now you're allowed to jump 3 quad salchows in the program if you disguise the takeoff well enough.
Maybe they should consider that/harsher edge penalties to encourage teaching better edges on jumpsI'd rather say right now you're allowed to jump 3 Flips/Lutzes in the program if you disguise the takeoff enough (or have the rep to not get penalised for it).
In fact, I have always felt that if a skater doesn't get the edge right and technically jumps a Flip/Lutz for the third time, that jump should get dinged with the repetition rule.
Yes. I would love that.Allow 4T and 4Lo as the second jump in combination in the SP. Since 3T+3T is a valid combination, 4T+4T should be too. It would be great to see a short program containing e.g. 4S+4T, 4Lz and 3A (or 4A).
Yes. I would love that.
1) Make the triple loop combo’s have a higher base value
2) Allow for 4T’s and 4Lo’s as second jumps in combinations and for those jumps to be repeated as second solo jumps without REP. Because if someone can jump those jumps, it is safer to just go for solo T’s and Lo’s instead. I want to see more interesting jump combinations.
3) Increase the base value of 4A, in case someone like Hanyu finally lands this jump. Also, to have base values for quintuple jumps. I have a weird feeling someone like Yuma will land a 5T, before we see a 4A.
4) Increase PCS score to 100 for the ladies
5) I want to see less of a correlation between high technical score and PCS. They should be independent to one another
6) Higher BV score for Step Sequence and even the choreo element
7) Finally, for Pairs, I want them to increase the base value of quads. I think we are regressing Pairs difficulty and Pairs needs to be like the single events
8) Harsher penalties for wrong edges in the Flip and Lutz. Skaters that land proper 3Lz should be rewarded.
Those are the changes I’d love to see happen. Also, I’d like them to keep the no quads rules in the SP for ladies to have the ladies continue with development and priority of the 3A. This is a jump I want to see more ladies master first. There are hundreds of ladies right now that jump 2A with no effort and I’d like to see them push more for a element that has become the standard in Men’s skating.
I mostly agree with you, there are only two things I disagree with:
1. Even though I prefer skaters focusing on getting 3A before going for quads, I still think it's not right to forbid ladies from doing quads in the short.
2. I think the penalties for wrong edges are harsh enough. The real problem is wrong edges not getting called.