Last edited:

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
How to watch
  • ISU Youtube Stream
    • Here is a list of broadcasters for this event. If you are not in a location with a broadcast, you should be able to access the entire event on the ISU's Youtube page. Some countries with broadcasts also have streams available on Youtube
    • I've confirmed the following countries have an unblocked stream: France, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Austria, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Great Britain, Norway, Poland, Morocco, Hong Kong, South Korea, Singapore, South Africa, Spain (these could change later on, so don't get too comfortable! See the list of broadcasters for more info)
    • The following countries are blocked: Japan, Italy, Germany, Russia, China, United States (See the list of broadcasters for more info)
    • If you are in a location that is blocked and want to watch the ISU Youtube stream, you will need a VPN that is set to a location that is unblocked
      • For a paying VPN, NordVPN, ExpressVPN, and Surfshark are very popular
      • For free VPNs with useful locations, I would recommend Windscribe (Canadian), which does have a data limit (10GBs should be enough to stream this event, though) but has plenty of locations available for free and is very safe, or ProtonVPN (Switzerland based) which is again very safe and has unlimited data but only three locations (US, Japan, Netherlands).
      • You can also use the free Opera browser, with a built-in VPN option. Set the VPN location to Asia (the server is in India) and you should be able to watch the stream *Opera is owned by a group of Chinese investors if you're concerned about your information*
  • Local broadcasts (click here for full list)
    • Eurosport is a bit of a disaster currently, so good luck! Check out the Eurosport Player or your local television listings for a possible stream and pray. Links for the figure skating pages at Eurosport Spain, France, and the UK
    • NBC will air a recap of the events on Saturday the 13th from 16-18:00 EST (4-6 pm). Alternative livestreams for NBC (1)
    • Peacock will livestream all events with no commentary. Available only for Premium members and only in the US
    • CBC will be livestreaming some of the events on the CBC player. (Geoblocked outside of Canada)
    • TV Asahi will broadcast the events for a fee for people in Japan, and will show highlights on local TV
    • Channel 1 will be streaming in Russia on Youtube and their website (geoblocked)
    • Tencent is streaming the event in China (geoblocked)
  • Not-quite-legal streams
    • If all else fails, or you are an extreme cheapskate who refuses to use even the free options above, here are some not-quite-legal streams (do not use if other options are available, please support skating!)
      • Live QQ man might stream here
      • Check this VK account for a possible livestream
      • Check on VK, Weibo, or other Russian/Chinese media sites for a possible livestream (links will probably pop up on social media or Goldenskate, and if I see one, I'll add it here. If a site looks suspicious or makes you put in an email address, it is likely a scam, so do not use)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
In the USA:

Friday, at 10 pm Eastern, there is something from the short programs aired on Olympic Channel.

On Sat. and Sun. there are two recaps at 4-6 Eastern time on NBC

The event, less the gala, is streamed over the following week on Olympic Channel. Tanith, Johnny, and Tara do commentary on men, ladies, and pairs. Tanith and Charlie do the ice dance commentary. The short & long programs are shown back to back.

sk8dc

On the Ice
In the USA:

Friday, at 10 pm Eastern, there is something from the short programs aired on Olympic Channel.

The event, less the gala, is streamed over the following week on Olympic Channel. Tanith, Johnny, and Tara do commentary on men, ladies, and pairs. Tanith and Charlie do the ice dance commentary. The short & long programs are shown back to back.
Do Tanith and Charlie do commentary live on any streams? Olympic Channel is delayed, right?

waltzonice

Rinkside
In the USA:

I have the Olympic Channel on Xfinity cable and I'm only seeing reruns of Skate America and Skate Canada on Friday evening (tonight) - nothing from Italy. And I'm not seeing any skating for Saturday and Sunday afternoons on NBC.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It does not list this week's event by the country name until later. The generic named GP listings are the most recent, weirdly enough.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
okay, not about TV really, but does anyone have a link to Anna's SP and Kim's SP? My country's TV showed just the middle of Women SP in their archive, without the last two programs - I was unfortunate enough to have to sacrifice the last two ladies on my TV's livestream to catch my bus, and alas, the archived stream afterwards was heavily cut. -_-

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Anna S.

Yelim Kim

Last edited: