which boots should I get? - adult skater | Golden Skate

which boots should I get? - adult skater

Spinlikeadrunk

Spectator
(sorry for my poor English in advance!)

Hi, I'm adult skater considering buying new skate boots, and I need your help to choose
I'm 5'2"/110lbs. I've been skating for a year and now I'm working on my flip jump. My final goal is double sal because I'm already 36 years old.
I have very low foot volume, low instep, average arch and Egyptian toe shape.
I'm wearing Jackson Classique(1990) with Mirage blade but this fits horrible because it feels too roomy in the instep ( so I put 1" thick extra pads under tongues)

I know I should go get fit by a skate fitter, but unfortunately there's NO good fitter in my country. One of fitter well known in my country recommends Icefly with gold seal blades for beginner adult skaters, so many skaters who just can do lemons start with Edea Icefly or even Piano(!). My coach also has no idea about choosing the right boots. So I have to choose my boots and blades by myself.

Currently Risport, Edea and Jackson are available in my local shop and I think Jackson is not in my option.
I did my research and I think I can choose from royal pro, rf3 pro, chorus, concerto, or maybe rf1 elite or iceflys. But it's confusing because someone says I need just the boot stiffness which brands claim(in that sense should I buy Risport Electra or Edea Overture?), but other says I should buy upper level because I'm an adult.

What do you guys think I should do?
and which brand would fit better?edea or risport?
Thanks for all the help:giggle:

(ps. I'm considering JW CoroAce for new boots... just because it sounds reasonable for me...haha)

Ic3Rabbit

Patineuse élite et professionnelle
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
(sorry for my poor English in advance!)

Hi, I'm adult skater considering buying new skate boots, and I need your help to choose
I'm 5'2"/110lbs. I've been skating for a year and now I'm working on my flip jump. My final goal is double sal because I'm already 36 years old.
I have very low foot volume, low instep, average arch and Egyptian toe shape.
I'm wearing Jackson Classique(1990) with Mirage blade but this fits horrible because it feels too roomy in the instep ( so I put 1" thick extra pads under tongues)

I know I should go get fit by a skate fitter, but unfortunately there's NO good fitter in my country. One of fitter well known in my country recommends Icefly with gold seal blades for beginner adult skaters, so many skaters who just can do lemons start with Edea Icefly or even Piano(!). My coach also has no idea about choosing the right boots. So I have to choose my boots and blades by myself.

Currently Risport, Edea and Jackson are available in my local shop and I think Jackson is not in my option.
I did my research and I think I can choose from royal pro, rf3 pro, chorus, concerto, or maybe rf1 elite or iceflys. But it's confusing because someone says I need just the boot stiffness which brands claim(in that sense should I buy Risport Electra or Edea Overture?), but other says I should buy upper level because I'm an adult.

What do you guys think I should do?
and which brand would fit better?edea or risport?
Thanks for all the help:giggle:

(ps. I'm considering JW CoroAce for new boots... just because it sounds reasonable for me...haha)
Personally, Riedell would be best for you or even a Harlick, but you can't get those.

Edea Chorus would work for you, even an Overture until you are up to your single axel.

You may be able to do a Risport RF3, but I would not go higher in that brand until you are well into your doubles.

Jackson fits you horrible currently because they are not meant for your foot shape etc.

You do not need any of the high end boots like ice fly, piano, rf1 etc.

You will need blades to pair with the boots you choose and an intermediate blade like MK Professional or John Wilson Cornonation Ace pairs nicely for your skill level.

Good luck! :cool: