Which skater has the best skating skills this century? | Golden Skate

Which skater has the best skating skills this century?

silveruskate

On the Ice
I'm talking about across all disciplines taken together. The best man and the best woman.

I don't watch Pairs or Ice Dance often so I'm completely uninformed. From what I do know, the best skating skills I've ever seen from a man is Patrick Chan. But are there a lot of skaters comparable in ice dance? Woman, I'm unsure.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Jeremy Abbott should be among the contenders me think

I know dancers have different blades(shorter?) from singles/pairs. Does it make it easier for them in some way?

Last edited:

silveruskate

On the Ice
Guillaume is so good. Just a shame I couldn't find any solo video of him to see the full extent of his abilities. He's really bound by his partner.

LiamV426

On the Ice
Country
Scotland
For the men there's Patrick Chan and then there's everyone else. Wasn't even a big fan of his programs but I've gone back and watched them just for the edge work.

I do think Daisuke Takahashi deserves a mention though! His step sequences were always amazing. :love2:

For ladies I feel there's more contenders, my personal pick would probably be Mao Asada. I love Miyahara as well, so many Japanese ladies have lovely skating skills! And Yuna Kim's speed and flow was always great to watch.

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
For me, of the skaters I have seen live. Patrick Chan and Plushy. Todd Eldredge had very deep edges and great speed but, with only 1 World Title, he doesn't make the century list. I never saw either of the Brian's, Orser or Boitano but I would certainly have them on the list.

Last edited:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Quite a list from me... and it depends on what your start and cut off are for "This century".

Males: Jeremy Abbott, Patrick Chan, Paul Poirier, Scott Moir, Adam Rippon, Han Yan, Alexander Johnson, Keegan Messing, Jean-luc Baker, Zachary Donohue, Daisuke Takahashi. (Kurt Browning, Paul Wylie, Robin Cousins, Christopher Dean, Brian Boitano, Brian Orser, Stephane Lambiel, John Kerr).
Females: Alissa Czisny, Tessa Virtue. (Yuka Sato, Michelle Kwan, Jayne Torvill, Sinead Kerr).

I may add more later as I think about this more...

Last edited: