World's Youngest Figure Skater | Golden Skate

World's Youngest Figure Skater

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
That. Was. Just. SOOOOOOO Cute!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Don't you just love the way she looked straight down the camera when she was going past it! Few skaters 10 times her age would have the confidence to do that.

And in a further sign of her determination, she looked annoyed when one of her moves didn't come off correctly.

Remember the name. This is a girl to watch out for in, erm, 10 years time! :eek: :drama:

Seeing this reminded me of the video I saw a year or so ago of one of the top American junior skaters and her brother skating in an EX when they were not much older than this girl. But I can't remember now who she was! :bang: :bang: :bang:

It may take some time, but it will come back to me. I hope...

CaroLiza_fan

Mawwerg

Final Flight
That. Was. Just. SOOOOOOO Cute!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Don't you just love the way she looked straight down the camera when she was going past it! Few skaters 10 times her age would have the confidence to do that.

And in a further sign of her determination, she looked annoyed when one of her moves didn't come off correctly.

Remember the name. This is a girl to watch out for in, erm, 10 years time! :eek: :drama:

Seeing this reminded me of the video I saw a year or so ago of one of the top American junior skaters and her brother skating in an EX when they were not much older than this girl. But I can't remember now who she was! :bang: :bang: :bang:

It may take some time, but it will come back to me. I hope...

CaroLiza_fan
This video is quite old, here's more fresh https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMyMNVUv7Vg&ab_channel=NotLauren. :)
She's earned silver medal in Tatarstan Republic Championship in 2nd sport grade.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Mmmm. I had a feeling that the title of that video was deceptive. Because, to me, she looked a couple of years older than the 2.5 that was being claimed.

But, urgh, don't you just hate it when people upload photos or videos and don't say when it was that they were taken / filmed. :mad: That video was only uploaded a few weeks ago, so I'm sure that @Ladskater and I were not the only ones to assume that it was a recent video. Yes, the lack of social distancing going on at the boards should have been a clue. But we are used to Russians not taking the same precautions that we do.

Going by the video you posted, the video of Riana as a youngster could be anything from 6 to 10 years old now (depending on whether you believe the title that she was 2.5 years old)! 😲

It is clear now that the uploader of that video to Facebook was deliberately trying to deceive us. And that is not good.

My Dad is forever getting caught out by old photos resurfacing and thinking they are brand new. But, I thought I was good at avoiding that happening to me. Evidently, I'm not. 😞

Thank you for putting us right, @Mawwerg :bow: :clap: :points:

:thank:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Mawwerg

Final Flight
Mmmm. I had a feeling that the title of that video was deceptive. Because, to me, she looked a couple of years older than the 2.5 that was being claimed.

But, urgh, don't you just hate it when people upload photos or videos and don't say when it was that they were taken / filmed. :mad: That video was only uploaded a few weeks ago, so I'm sure that @Ladskater and I were not the only ones to assume that it was a recent video. Yes, the lack of social distancing going at the boards on should have been a clue. But we are used to Russians not taking the same precautions that we do.

Going by the video you posted, the video of Riana as a youngster could be anything from 6 to 10 years old now (depending on whether you believe the title that she was 2.5 years old)! 😲

It is clear now that the uploader of that video to Facebook was deliberately trying to deceive us. And that is not good.

My Dad is forever getting caught out by old photos resurfacing and thinking they are brand new. But, I thought I was good at avoiding that happening to me. Evidently, I'm not. 😞

Thank you for putting us right, @Mawwerg :bow: :clap: :points:

:thank:

CaroLiza_fan
She was about 2.5 when the video was filmed in 2013. I failed to find the original video however Sochi Olympics time news report with little Riana still exists.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
During the recent broadcast of the Canadian Challenge event, the biographical slide for one skater stated that he had started skating at 1! It was unclear if this was an error, but those of us on the live chat took note.

Some children aren’t even walking by 1!

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Riana Kadyrova?

I saw her in a competition a few years ago. She was okay, but mostly middle of the pack. Main issue was that her jumps were nonexistent, very tiny. I wouldn't be surprised if she hasn't been able to advance to more challenging categories. I think that one was "little girls" 1 or 2, can't recall which one.

I see there's more recent skates:

Still middle of the pack or so, but not bad, I guess. Jumps better than I'd have thought considering what I saw back then.

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
World's youngest figure skater?
:laugh:
.Just a little bit of hyperbole, I have seen vids of more than one three year old on ice.

But I do like vids of baby skaters, when they have the joy of skating.👍

gkelly

Record Breaker
During the recent broadcast of the Canadian Challenge event, the biographical slide for one skater stated that he had started skating at 1! It was unclear if this was an error, but those of us on the live chat took note.

Some children aren’t even walking by 1!
My nephew took his first independent steps at 14 months and first set foot on the ice at 18 months (needing at least one adult to hold his hands). In both cases he was 1 but those few months made a big difference. People are "1 year old" for a whole year.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
My nephew took his first independent steps at 14 months and first set foot on the ice at 18 months (needing at least one adult to hold his hands). In both cases he was 1 but those few months made a big difference. People are "1 year old" for a whole year.
That's why if you ask a parent how old their very young child is, they are likely to reply in months. Up to one year, the reply is usually to the nearest (or last achieved) month. After that, it many be rounded to the nearest (or last achieved) 3 months (12, 15, 18, 21, 24). Certainly there is a huge difference between a 12-month old child and a 23-month old one!