Would You Rather... | Page 44 | Golden Skate

Would You Rather...

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
by the beach

WYR binge watch "Victoria" or old figure skating videos?
Figure skating videos…considering that I’ve already binged “Victoria.” 😉
Places to live: Alps for me.
And sledding by moonlight sounds marvelous!

WYR watch ski racing or snowboarding?

Last edited:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
the Caribbean

WYR river cruise through Europe or ocean cruise across the Atlantic?

Trusova4Ever

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Have your favorite retired skater magically come back to peak form and be competitive (Quads/Trixel) for one season

OR

Rewrite one Olympic injustice (Ex: Yuna gets gold in Sochi)

If skater, who and why?

If olympics which one and why?

Last edited:

Trusova4Ever

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Fix that one thing about your fave that they aren't fixing (flexed feet, bad posture, poor crossovers, etc.)

OR

Add one non-jump element/skill that they don't have (A nice held spiral, cantilever, Ina Bauer, hydroblade, spread eagle, split jump, Biellmann Spin, etc.)

If fixing, who is it and what do they need to fix?

If adding, who and what should they add?

Last edited:

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
Have your favorite retired skater magically come back to peak form and be competitive (Quads/Trixel) for one season

OR

Rewrite one Olympic injustice (Ex: Yuna gets gold in Sochi)

If skater, who and why?

If olympics which one and why?
Gracie Gold
She's never been a super favorite of mine but she's been through SO much and showed a lot of courage at this year's US Nats. She had a lot of potential and I wish she could have a real chance to fulfill it.
Same for Polina Edmunds...but oops...that's 2 skaters, isn't it? :slink:

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gracie Gold
She's never been a super favorite of mine but she's been through SO much and showed a lot of courage at this year's US Nats. She had a lot of potential and I wish she could have a real chance to fulfill it.
Same for Polina Edmunds...but oops...that's 2 skaters, isn't it? :slink:
I like your two choices ... they are such completely different as skaters and as people. They're both re-writing their 'ending.'

@Trusova4Ever :

Add one non-jump element/skill that they don't have (A nice held spiral, cantilever, Ina Bauer, hydroblade, spread eagle, split jump, Biellmann Spin, etc.)

I would love for Ashley Cain-Gribble and Timothy Leduc to add a gorgeous double Ina Bauer a la Tai Babilonia and Randy Gardner ... and hopefully could spare enough time in a free skate to hold it like Tai & Randy did. Ashley and Timothy would be able to do it beautifully.

WYR see pairs be rewarded more for technical difficulty such as quad throws and twists, or rewarded more for unique choreography, better synchronicity and connection?

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
I would love for Ashley Cain-Gribble and Timothy Leduc to add a gorgeous double Ina Bauer a la Tai Babilonia and Randy Gardner ... and hopefully could spare enough time in a free skate to hold it like Tai & Randy did. Ashley and Timothy would be able to do it beautifully.

WYR see pairs be rewarded more for technical difficulty such as quad throws and twists, or rewarded more for unique choreography, better synchronicity and connection?
oh, Tai & Randy's double IB was so beautiful! Would love to see that from any pair who could do it well.

As for your new WYR, choreography. Absolutely. Nothing against fancy tricks but IMO we need more stuff in between; otherwise, it's just a jump contest.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
oh, Tai & Randy's double IB was so beautiful! Would love to see that from any pair who could do it well.

As for your new WYR, choreography. Absolutely. Nothing against fancy tricks but IMO we need more stuff in between; otherwise, it's just a jump contest.

Yes, yes yes!! :points::love: And btw, do you have the next 'Would You Rather'? :)

Last edited:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Worlds - although we have been very fortunate to attend several Nationals when they are on the East Coast!

WYR go surfing or water skiing?

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
water skiing

WYR attend Skate America or Four Continents?

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Skate America, but it would still be really cool to attend 4CC!

WYR watch a horse race or NASCAR race?

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
horse

WYR bake cookies or pies?

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
rollerblading

WYR make snow angels or take a snow-shoe hike?

Olly96

Cats, bats & figure skating
On the Ice
Country
Estonia
Frozen lake would be very romantic but I'm choosing the rink because it's safer :)

Would you rather get a free pass to attend all the competitions of a season live (but you have to pay all the other travel expenses) or a free high quality streaming of all the competitions?