XenForo Questions | Page 6 | Golden Skate

XenForo Questions

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is no longer available as was mentioned earlier in this thread. You can still ignore user(s). ;)

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Can anyone tell me what the 'Unapprove' below posts is for?

jlmart

On the Ice
Country
Canada
In the Russian Ladies thread I have an unposted post(?) showing at the bottom of the page which is a copy of someone's post in that forum set up as if I was about to write a reply. I have no idea why it is there but I never intended to reply. Unfortunately, every time I open that forum it is defaulting to that page. I can't find a way to delete my "unintentional" post- there doesn't seem to be an icon to click that will do that. How can you delete an intended reply when you change your mind?

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In the Russian Ladies thread I have an unposted post(?) showing at the bottom of the page which is a copy of someone's post in that forum set up as if I was about to write a reply. I have no idea why it is there but I never intended to reply. Unfortunately, every time I open that forum it is defaulting to that page. I can't find a way to delete my "unintentional" post- there doesn't seem to be an icon to click that will do that. How can you delete an intended reply when you change your mind?

This happens to me as well sometimes. It just means at one time (could have been days!) a post was quoted (and meant to reply) so the system "saved" it for you. I find it annoying and when it happens and I just hit the backspace button until it disappears.

It seems many folks have this problem with this platform and are requesting (at Xenforo) a "Cancel" button next to the "Post Reply". I hope they will add it!

On a good note, there is a "Save" floppy icon in the upper right so you don't lose posts :) You can make them drafts!

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Ah, the exact thing described above happened to me today, and now I see why. I thought I'd multiquoted myself earlier by some mistake, and I intuitively erased the text by backspace which is my trusty stone age method whenever I don't know any better :biggrin:
However, in case a ridiculously long post gets inserted on its own (say, a fanfest OP...), and backspacing would be dismally long - is it actually possible to just post the whole thing (both the post you wanted to post, and the one you didn't), and then just click edit, and get rid of the unwanted part through highlighting and deleting it? I don't feel like testing this as it happens so randomly, but it would be a time saver if this worked.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Is there a way to stop it auto-logging you out? It only does this on my phone's Chrome, but it logs me out any time I haven't been active for 60 minutes, and it's a royal pain in the butt.

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
Not sure if this goes under here, but i get the "We value your privacy" pop-up every.single.time I go to a next page in the forum, change a thread or click somewhere new. I've accepted it like 10 times in the last few minutes, but it still keeps popping up.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not sure if this goes under here, but i get the "We value your privacy" pop-up every.single.time I go to a next page in the forum, change a thread or click somewhere new. I've accepted it like 10 times in the last few minutes, but it still keeps popping up.

Hi! Can you tell me what device and browser you are using?

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ic3Rabbit said:
Is there a way to get back the "ignore thread" feature?
NanaPat said:
And ignore forum? I used to ignore games and now games posts are cluttering up my "new posts" pages. I have nothing against them, just am not interested.

Unfortunately, the "ignore thread/forum" feature is paid add-on. We have already implemented many add-ons since we crossed over and it's getting costly. Future ones may be considered, however, they will only be available for members with the Premium Bundle to help with costs.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Unfortunately, the "ignore thread/forum" feature is paid add-on. We have already implemented many add-ons since we crossed over and it's getting costly. Future ones may be considered, however, they will only be available for members with the Premium Bundle to help with costs.
That's understandable - obviously I'm disappointed (and if we can get it later by paying, count me in!) but bottom line is bottom line.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
@gsk8 I think Anni234's problem with the privacy pop-ups is connected with the similar problem I had a few months ago.

After our conversation last October, I actually continued getting the "We value your privacy" pop-ups from Quantcast. But, since it didn't seem to be affecting anybody else, I decided to just put up with them rather than take up any more of your time pursuing it.

About a fortnight before the migration, the pop-ups stopped. And for about a week or so, the forum would just open normally without any privacy pop-ups. Then, about a week before the migration, I started getting actual Golden Skate branded pop-ups instead.

I've been getting that as well, but not quite with the frequency you are.

With me, it only happens when you first open the GS Forum.

My normal routine is to open Firefox in private browsing, and then go to the forum Home Page. A pop-up immediately appears. I accept everything, and then sign in. I then open a selection of sub-fora in separate tabs. And the pop-up appears for EVERY tab. But after I accept everything in each tab, it doesn't pester me at all.

After the pop-ups are closed, a vertical blue "Privacy" tab appears on the right-hand side of the window. And if you click it, then you can make changes to what you selected. (This is a new thing - this didn't happen with the Quantcast pop-ups).

To be honest, it doesn't bother me. But, as I said, with me it only happens when you first open the forum. It doesn't happen for the rest of the time I am on the site. If it happened every time I changed the page like it seems to be doing for Anni234, it would drive me mad.

Hi! Can you tell me what device and browser you are using?

For me it is a Windows 10 PC with Firefox 81.0.1 (yes, I have got a new computer since last October).

CaroLiza_fan

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
@gsk8 I think Anni234's problem with the privacy pop-ups is connected with the similar problem I had a few months ago.

After our conversation last October, I actually continued getting the "We value your privacy" pop-ups from Quantcast. But, since it didn't seem to be affecting anybody else, I decided to just put up with them rather than take up any more of your time pursuing it.

About a fortnight before the migration, the pop-ups stopped. And for about a week or so, the forum would just open normally without any privacy pop-ups. Then, about a week before the migration, I started getting actual Golden Skate branded pop-ups instead.

If folks are viewing the page in private, that would definitely cause the problem due to cookie issues. At the beginning,

This is because we were working on two different areas. We have a default "cookies/privacy" and we also had to add an extra one to meet the GDPR requirement for those who live outside the US.

If folks are using a VPN from another country, that could cause it too.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is there a way to stop it auto-logging you out? It only does this on my phone's Chrome, but it logs me out any time I haven't been active for 60 minutes, and it's a royal pain in the butt.

There is no "60 minute" rule - that just applied to showing you online to other users.

Make sure the URL on your browser is going to "https" - not "http" ;)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
If folks are viewing the page in private, that would definitely cause the problem due to cookie issues. At the beginning,

This is because we were working on two different areas. We have a default "cookies/privacy" and we also had to add an extra one to meet the GDPR requirement for those who live outside the US.

If folks are using a VPN from another country, that could cause it too.

Thanks for the explanation.

Don't worry, the pop-ups aren't causing any bother to me.

I just thought it would help you to work out what was happening with Anni if I added some information to the thread about my experience.

After all, we're all one big figure-skating-loving family, and want to help each other! :)

CaroLiza_fan