XenForo Questions | Page 8 | Golden Skate

XenForo Questions

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anyhow, the reason I came here is to agree with some users who wrote here earlier saying they'd prefer the smileys that go with post likes gone, because people misuse the feature to mock posts they disagree with. It bothers me too. It would be nice if post like smileys were edited out. It's weird when users click 'like' on posts they disagree with, just to attach a frowning face to it.

I should also add that in the future, we will be adding back all the awards. A new award will be given for number of reactions, regardless of what they are. So if someone doesn't like a poster and is childish enough to "misuse" the reaction feature, they are only helping that member get closer to an award ;)

Skatesocs

Final Flight
Which ones specifically?
I think it's okay. We can judge the context for ourselves, and report if it's offensive.

I should also add that in the future, we will be adding back all the awards. A new award will be given for number of reactions, regardless of what they are. So if someone doesn't like a poster and is childish enough to "misuse" the reaction feature, they are only helping that member get closer to an award ;)
Hahaha, I just wanted to react to your post with 🤣 and 😍 so could you at least enable multiple reactions, if you can?

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's about the context. For instance "bitch". That is used in the title of a song for example, "Love is a Bitch". If and when used this way, it's ok. However, if someone "calls" someone a bitch, that's a whole different ballgame.

We do rely on members to report something they feel is offensive so the staff can review it.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have seen the "Following" feature on My Account, that allows me to follow other users and to view and update that list, but is it possible to view my "Followers" ?

Click on your own tab and click on the "About" link. It will show who you are following and who follows you.

1602878007686.png

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm not sure I understand? Is this for a post or a PM? Or do you mean "bookmark" or "watch"?

Skatesocs

Final Flight
Thanks for the help. Got another quick question;

How do I "lock" a conversation so that I can save the content when the convo has ended? If I use "leave" the whole conversation just disappears. Thanks.
Open the PM you want to lock, go to top of the PM thread, you'll find an edit button.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I have been getting a “We value your privacy” pop up whenever I log in on my PC. It instructs me to accept which I have not. Problem is that the pop up is blocking me even though I am logged in. It does not happen on my phone or laptop. I never had this problem before. I am a premium member.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have been getting a “We value your privacy” pop up whenever I log in on my PC. It instructs me to accept which I have not. Problem is that the pop up is blocking me even though I am logged in. It does not happen on my phone or laptop. I never had this problem before. I am a premium member.

We are now complying with the GDPR rules for folks in the European Union. We realize it's annoying, but it's required. If it persists after you have selected your options, check your bookmarks and make sure the URL that you have looks exactly like the below. That could also be the problem ;)

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/ (for the Forum)
https://www.goldenskate.com/ (main page)

Do not use https://www.goldenskate.com/index.php

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Is there a way to create tables without borders? When I switch to BB Code mode I can change the code but after switching back to WYSIWYG all my changes get deleted. Is this the intended way or is there a special procedure to save the changed code?

Last edited:

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Can event or competition threads be opened/unlocked via automation? Set it to a particular time+date ahead of time, without requiring a staff to set aside time in their day to do it manually.

There are certainly plug-ins for something like this, just unsure about this particular platform.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can event or competition threads be opened/unlocked via automation? Set it to a particular time+date ahead of time, without requiring a staff to set aside time in their day to do it manually.

There are certainly plug-ins for something like this, just unsure about this particular platform.

Unfortunately, no. The problem with add-ons is that they are not always supported and/or the developer does not keep it updated with the software.

We apology for the inconvenience. Threads have been open.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Lately I've had problems inserting media from instagram. Whenever I try to paste an insta link as media, I get an error message. Just wondering if this feature has been disabled?

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's not just you ;) We'll have to look into it. Sometimes social media platforms change and prevent embedding.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It looks like both Facebook and Twitter are dropping support for embeds and this just took effect. We will have to wait to see if XF makes any work arounds. Even though this is article is for WP, it applies to XF as well unfortunately.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
It looks like both Facebook and Twitter are dropping support for embeds and this just took effect. We will have to wait to see if XF makes any work arounds. Even though this is article is for WP, it applies to XF as well unfortunately.

Ok, I see. No worries, I'll just use regular links instead. Though I think the embedded instagram posts added to the forum experience, so maybe you can find a way to bring them back in the future.

Azikin

Medalist
I'm using Chrome and I have this weird translucent strip on the bottom of the browser all the time while on these forums (no problems anywhere else). There's some kind of dismiss button but clicking on it disables it only temporarily. On the lower right there's a "Privacy" button. Clicking on it doesn't help either... any help?