XenForo Questions | Page 9 | Golden Skate

XenForo Questions

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The translucent strip at the bottom is called a "floor ad". If all you see is a strip and not an ad, it's because you changed something in your browser settings to "block" the ad. The strip will not go away unless you purchased the Premium Bundle which removes all ads. It's how we pay the bills :)

The Privacy button is required in order to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy in the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA). This button allows you to select your settings. It is also shown to those in California.

Azikin

Medalist
The strip will not go away unless you purchased the Premium Bundle which removes all ads. It's how we pay the bills :)
I see, thanks for the explanation. Where can one purchase the Premium Bundle? I cannot find it, which is probably not a good indication when users don't see it and cannot even find it. Though I may not be the brightest one, admittedly.. :wink:

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
Out of curiosity, is this new way of displaying ads more lucrative financially than the previous one? Because in case it's not, I personally preferred the old large ad as the header to this pop-up stuff. It feels disruptive to me to see just a thread name or forum name on my laptop screen, sandwiched between two ads, before I scroll down. It always feels to me like the site is hacked or something. If it these new ads pay much better, well, who am I to complain. :]

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I see, thanks for the explanation. Where can one purchase the Premium Bundle? I cannot find it, which is probably not a good indication when users don't see it and cannot even find it. Though I may not be the brightest one, admittedly.. :wink:

The Premium Bundle was listed in the mass PM we sent out on GS Updates on Sep 23. Did you not get yours?

Just a few quick updates!

If you are having any kind of problems with something now working, please post in the thread below. Make sure you browse through to ensure your question(s) are not already answered :)

XenForo Questions

I wanted to say thank you to the staff for getting the site moved to the new platform so quickly! Everything seems to be working, even my favorite GS twitter train is displayed ^ ^ Just two minor things- will there be more visible boundaries between individual threads within a subforum? I think...
www.goldenskate.com
www.goldenskate.com
We realize many of you miss our old smilies. See the thread below:

Vote for Icons/Smilies - Updated

Note: As of 26 Sep, more than 20 icons were added from the old forum. Enjoy! Hey all! We have over 115 smileys from the old forum. It's a bit time-consuming to download and code all of them - and we already have a ton (you can hit reply to this post to see them) in our repertoire. I will add...
www.goldenskate.com
www.goldenskate.com
You can now use a larger image for an avatar if yours seems to be blurry, pixelated, etc. See the thread below. If you still need help, PM me and I will try to get to it when I can.

How to upload an Avatar

Q: What is an Avatar and how do I get one? A: Avatars are the small graphical images that you see under a poster's username. You must have at least 10+ posts or have a Premium Bundle subscription in order to upload a custom avatar. Q: What is the size limit? A: 384 x 384 pixels (Square) Q...
www.goldenskate.com
www.goldenskate.com
The GS Supporter package is now known as the "Premium Bundle"

Premium Bundle - No ads and more!

This is a free forum and the advertisements help to supplement the costs. If you do not wish to see ads, you can purchase a Premium bundle (formerly "GS Supporter") subscription for an annual fee of $40 US (or $15 for three months) which comes with the below benefits: - No ads - All access to...
www.goldenskate.com
www.goldenskate.com
Further updates will continue to be posted in the "Announcement and Feedback" forum. Click this thread to "subscribe" when new posts are made:
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/forums/announcements-and-feedback.17/watch
We still have lots to do, so it will take time to get other things back (like Awards). In the meantime, stay healthy and post long and often!

Sincerely,

Paula

You can also just go to your user upgrades here:

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Suddenly I keep getting a pop-up video ad every time I load a new page on the site, despite having both an ad blocker on my browser and pop-ups blocked, which is incredibly frustrating. Not to mention ghost fields where it looks like other ads would be if I didn't have the ad blocker, that make it harder to navigate the page. Is there a glitch somewhere, or do I need to update my ad blocker?

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There is no glitch. There should only be one ghost field if you are using an ad blocker. That would appear as a translucent strip at the bottom. Also, the video should not be showing up inside actual threads where you post at this time. Just on the main page and on thread views.

The ads are how we pay the bills. If you don't wish to see them, you can always sign up for the Premium Bundle.

I would like to ad that I personally see every single ad for quality assurance. They do not prevent me from using any of the features on the forum.

Last edited:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Any ETA on a working Instagram API?

treblemakerem

On the Ice
Hi is there a way to get rid of the pop up goldenskate article thing. I think this used to be located on the side, but now it takes up half the screen of my phone and reappears everytime I switch pages. It’s full of spoilers so I have to try to X out of it before it loads up. Is there a way to turn this off or perhaps have it moved somewhere else. If it was in a fixed spot it’s easier to avoid.

Also unrelated, I’ve been getting a lot of pop ups on the new site. I don’t mind the banner ads, but it’s the kind of bad pop up where it takes you to a new page and says I have malware. I have to force back out of it, but I’m wondering why this is happening so much. This never happened on the old site.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We are still working on the video ad as that will contain ads. We have to do a bit of coding so it might be a little while, but we are working on it!

There are no popup ads on this site and there is nothing on GS that will give you malware. If you have malware, it came from another site. Try clearing your browser cache to see if that helps?

treblemakerem

On the Ice
We are still working on the video ad as that will contain ads. We have to do a bit of coding so it might be a little while, but we are working on it!

There are no popup ads on this site and there is nothing on GS that will give you malware. If you have malware, it came from another site. Try clearing your browser cache to see if that helps?
Ok, I’m on my phone and I don’t get the pop ups on any other sites only this one and it is quite often so I’m not sure what to say but it is coming from here.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ok, I’m on my phone and I don’t get the pop ups on any other sites only this one and it is quite often so I’m not sure what to say but it is coming from here.
Did you clear your browser cache as mentioned in above post?

When you say popup, is it a video? If you could take a screen shot and send it that would be helpful.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I don't know if anyone has asked this already, but is there a way to get themes other than the default one? Is that something the team could work on? And not just for subscribers. Thank you!

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't know if anyone has asked this already, but is there a way to get themes other than the default one? Is that something the team could work on? And not just for subscribers. Thank you!

This was already addressed right after you posted earlier in the thread. The background used to be white and it was changed.

Not sure what you mean by "just for subscribers".

We do have to pay for coding and changes made in the the themes, but this change was for everyone - not just members who have the premium bundle.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
How do you delete messages in your mailbox?

Thank you Jeanie.

I can't send or receive messages now because my inbox is full. I need don't see a delete option but I know it has to be there.
You can select the conversations you want to delete via ticking the little box next to the conversation in the overview list. Then a ribbon should appear on the bottom of the page, where you can choose what you want to do with the selected conversations. If you choose "Leave conversation", it should be deleted from your inbox. Hope that helps! :)

Scott512

Record Breaker
You can select the conversations you want to delete via ticking the little box next to the conversation in the overview list. Then a ribbon should appear on the bottom of the page, where you can choose what you want to do with the selected conversations. If you choose "Leave conversation", it should be deleted from your inbox. Hope that helps! :)
OK I'll try that CKL. I saw the leave conversation thing before but didn't know what that meant.

Thanks.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I have deleted about 150 messages and yet it still says 100% full inbox.. I check off the messages I want deleted and choose leave conversation and then hit save. Why is it not deleting these conversations?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
For a while, it was worse for me. I could select conversations to my heart's content but couldn't see anywhere to choose what to do with them. I change my browser settings to allow pop-ups on GS, and then it worked. I did exactly the same as you, and it worked for me.

It may be that you are actually deleting conversations but not making a dent in the percentage. It takes a lot of deletions for the percentage to go down by 1%.