XenForo Questions | Page 12 | Golden Skate

XenForo Questions

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
for pointers : i have never complained about the other ads until that floater came in... i have been on this forum for several years and visit regularly. So i hope my feedback is not seen as a simple whining moment... it was given with sincerity and consideration.

But if the ads are annoying and confusing people, not to mention obscuring all real content, then they will drive people away. Your ad revenue will dry up without actual users.

Also, if the "floating video" obscures the content to the point where everyone immediately closes it (has to close it in order to see the content), then the ad is not effective.

I get that you need ad revenue, but the ads needs to be reasonable.

Just an update that we have been working with developers for the past month and have been able to make the video smaller in the phone as well as placing it in an area where it does not affect the "post/reply" :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Just an update that we have been working with developers for the past month and have been able to make the video smaller in the phone as well as placing it in an area where it does not affect the "post/reply" :)
that sounds like a good compromise to me. thank you.

Ella339

On the Ice
Hi @Ella339

I just tested the same version of Firefox on Windows 10 and I see the image?
Odd. I still have the issue. The pictures do display in Chrome, though. I am logged into Ig on both browsers.
Thanks for testing. Guess I'll have to move to Chrome when I want to see a picture!

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
@Ella339 That's strange. It works in the latest version of Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Edge on desktop for me (Windows 10). I also see it on Safari on my tablet/phone.

Try emptying your cache and see what happens?

Skatesocs

Final Flight
This happens to me as well sometimes. It just means at one time (could have been days!) a post was quoted (and meant to reply) so the system "saved" it for you. I find it annoying and when it happens and I just hit the backspace button until it disappears.

It seems many folks have this problem with this platform and are requesting (at Xenforo) a "Cancel" button next to the "Post Reply". I hope they will add it!

On a good note, there is a "Save" floppy icon in the upper right so you don't lose posts :) You can make them drafts!
I saved a draft in one of the threads... how do I recover it?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I saved a draft in one of the threads... how do I recover it?

Have you tried a new post or reply in the thread? Often the saved draft comes back (as part of your "new" post) when you do that.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
Have you tried a new post or reply in the thread? Often the saved draft comes back (as part of your "new" post) when you do that.
Yes, it didn't work.

Just curious, can you delete the reply area after you save the draft, hoping to come back to the thread later and post it? Because I might have deleted the post I'd written after I saved it, thinking there would be a "recover" option.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, it didn't work.

Just curious, can you delete the reply area after you save the draft, hoping to come back to the thread later and post it? Because I might have deleted the post I'd written after I saved it, thinking there would be a "recover" option.

I don't know all the ins and outs, but yes, you can delete after saving, because I have done it. But I did that deliberately using the "delete draft" function. I don't know if that answers your question.:scratch2:

Skatesocs

Final Flight
I don't know all the ins and outs, but yes, you can delete after saving, because I have done it. But I did that deliberately using the "delete draft" function. I don't know if that answers your question.:scratch2:
Then, unfortunately, the website decided to not save my draft this time. :(

Skatesocs

Final Flight
Then, unfortunately, the website decided to not save my draft this time. :(
It happened again, btw. Maybe there's a limit to the number of days (it was a list I was writing up and intending on updating with each challenger event), or maybe I'm just not doing it right lol. Either way, I saved the list in a personal notepad this time around, so all good.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
How do I set my preferences to go to the latest message in a thread rather than the last unread?

You already can do this without having to worry about anything like preferences.

There are 3 ways to get into a thread, and each way takes you to a different place:

1. If you click on the thread title, it takes you to the last unread post.
  2. If you click on the date the thread was started, it takes you to the first post.
  3. If you click on the time / date of the latest post, it takes you to the latest post.

So, to do what you want to do, use option 3.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan