Your own personal season 2023-24 wishlist | Golden Skate

Your own personal season 2023-24 wishlist

Anna K.

Medalist
Country
Latvia
And so, if we are thoroughly subjective and not completely serious once again, what would your realistic and/or not that realistic wishes be?

I don't know if this wish counts as realistic or not, but I wish that ISU competition videos on YouTube had no geo restrictions so that I could share links with figure skating fans from every place on Earth... I think this is a solid #1 wish, almost as good as world peace!

Kris135

On the Ice
And so, if we are thoroughly subjective and not completely serious once again, what would your realistic and/or not that realistic wishes be?

I don't know if this wish counts as realistic or not, but I wish that ISU competition videos on YouTube had no geo restrictions so that I could share links with figure skating fans from every place on Earth... I think this is a solid #1 wish, almost as good as world peace!
Short of that I wish Peacock would have replays of the Grand Prix events this fall. I do not want to go through having to readjust my entire schedule again just to see them.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
All I care about is Gracie giving me another year. Anything else I will deal with.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
A lot of people are mentioning replays : CBC/SRC (French CBC) archives events for a little while. That's how I managed to watched many events this season. (VPN needed for non-Canadians)

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A lot of people are mentioning replays : CBC/SRC (French CBC) archives events for a little while. That's how I managed to watched many events this season. (VPN needed for non-Canadians)
Pretty sure they mean replays on Peacock. For International events I’m pretty sure ISU keeps them up for years if not forever, but you need a VPN for that also.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Pretty sure they mean replays on Peacock. For International events I’m pretty sure ISU keeps them up for years if not forever, but you need a VPN for that also.
yeah.. but if Peacock ain't ganna give it to y'all, why not look elsewhere.. that was my point ;)

Last edited:

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Too many wishes, so little time. 🙃

My pie-in-the-sky desire is for unlimited coverage access on a better network than Peacock. And I want the Gala events to be made readily and easily available, along with press conferences and backstage videos, like we had on IceNetwork. Plus, I want access to all previous seasons' archived content that I freakin' paid for on lousy Peacock AND on that other sucky platform, NBCSportsGold! 😡

Best wishes to all the skaters! Hoping for some exciting pairs programs. Looking forward to the 80s theme in ice dance. 🧊 🕺 And I want to see fair judging in ice dance, please! 🙏 The ISU needs to NOT cut 10 guys from Worlds. There are many great men. Reward their depth of talent! Give skaters full opportunities to compete!

Pulling for Amber Glenn to have a confidence breakthrough, great programs, and better respect from the judges! I wish Bradie Tennell can conquer her real and perceived URs, and come back again strong. ⛸️ And I hope to see Jason Brown doing his thing once again. What a gift season he had! 🎁 More please! 🏅 Fingers-crossed that Ivan Desyatov gets his release to rep the U.S. with Bella Flores 🤞 I want to see Flores/ Desyatov compete internationally this season! ✨

Hoping Skate Canada's same gender partnering opportunities succeeds and flourishes! 💪🌈

Last edited:

icewhite

Record Breaker
I hope the ISU comes up with a good solution regarding Russian skaters, Russian coaches, country changes etc. So that non-war supporters have a chance to compete internationally and the others don't.

I hope for some great programs with music I haven't thought of, amazing costumes and original and/or captivating choreos.

I especially hope for women's skating to show more variety in styles and roles and for men to have less light blue-white/dark blue-black/red-black/white-beige colour shaded athleisure shirts with black or grey pants.

I hope for Aymoz to have a season as least as good as this one. For Kaori to get two great programs and that she feels less pressure than she obviously did this season. For Kostornaia that she can actually be competitive as a pairs' skater. For Kagiyama to come back strong. For Pezzetta to develop further.

I hope for myself to be able to go to Angers.

I hope the same sex couples category takes off and gains support.

I hope that the new age limit shows some positive effects already.

And my probably most unrealistic wish is that they start to really develop AI in judging, so that the human judges can concentrate on the areas which are more complex to judge.

Yeah, that's a big wishlist! May some of it come true.
Where do I have to bring my offering?

macy

Record Breaker
first and foremost, i wish the ISU will do right by Ukranians/Ukranian athletes, and all feds negatively impacted by Russia's systemic doping
replays on Peacock
successful comebacks by Wakaba, Rika and Hawayek/Baker
a continued strong comeback by Bradie
improved speed and jump technique from Isabeau
a big focus on PCS/artistry by Ilia
another successful season from Jason doing things his way
Kaori and Loena owning their statuses as two time world medalists and feeling much more comfortable with the pressure
Amber Glenn to have a steady, consistent season competing how she practices

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Most of the above, and also:

1. Resolution of the Valieva case, mostly so that item 2 below can happen;

2. Awarding of the Olympic team event medals, with appropriate fanfare;

3. Proper, complete pattern dance element restored to the RD;

4. A pattern we haven’t seen recently announced for the 24-25 RD—any of the waltzes, polka, paso doble, whatever, I’m not fussy!