Yuzuru Hanyu | Page 294 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Seems like the new AERA cover has been revealed!

So it's not a new photo shoot? It's not really surprising, or they would have been unusually fast after the end of Fantasy on Ice 2024 Tour A. But who knows...
This fan compares Yuzuru Hanyu's first cover of AERA, the typical high school boy, with today's and... Let's say, he's still himself but he has changed too...
https://x.com/11272yuzu22320/status/1804073543350784082?ref_url=

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Now that the monthly Yuzuru Hanyu's messages to all visitors of Gucci stores in Japan are ending, they have found a new way of attracting visitors buyers: in the shops offering engraving to leather item buyers, from July 19th (Yuzuru Hanyu's second anniversary of becoming Professional), a skate pattern will be available (there's also a tennis racquet and a soccer ball).
https://prtimes.jp/main/html/rd/p/000000164.000062216.html

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Last edited:

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
The rice field which every year is planted to show a picture of Yuzuru Hanyu, and this year has been planted rather lately, is growing fast, the picture of Haku is quite recognizable:
https://x.com/sennan_ss1978/status/1804063832945680533?ref_url=

It has been noted that this choice of picture, honours three live Japanese geniuses: Hayao Miyazaki because the program is inspired by his anime Spirited Away, Joe Hisaishi because he composed the music of the program for the anime (One Summer's Day) and of course, Yuzuru Hanyu who chose this score and helped in choreographing the program, and skates to it. (I hope that costume maker Satomi Ito will forgive me, the costume is gorgeous but she's not reached this iconic status.)

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It seems that their tactic is successful, as news sites like Oricon and PR Times have noticed it:
It says something for Yuzu's iconic status in Japan that a magazine cover is news in other outlets. Really really want to see the pictures (no one else could look that good in those FAoI outfits, but he does!)
The rice field which every year is planted to show a picture of Yuzuru Hanyu, and this year has been planted rather lately, is growing fast, the picture of Haku is quite recognizable:
https://x.com/sennan_ss1978/status/1804063832945680533?ref_url=

It has been noted that this choice of picture, honours three live Japanese geniuses: Hayao Miyazaki because the program is inspired by his anime Spirited Away, Joe Hisaishi because he composed the music of the program for the anime (One Summer's Day) and of course, Yuzuru Hanyu who chose this score and helped in choreographing the program, and skates to it. (I hope that costume maker Satomi Ito will forgive me, the costume is gorgeous but she's not reached this iconic status.)

That field is going to be gorgeous, the dragon as well as Yuzu, as as you say, it honours all three of them so I predict record visitors!

Magill

Record Breaker
CLAMP has published a short clip with Yuzu sharing great news for non-Japanese fans. The CLAMP GIFT book, a real work of art, shall be translated to... we don't know to what exactly, we can just guess at this moment, but it will be translated :clap::bsplit:

Here's translation by Marika

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
CLAMP has published a short clip with Yuzu sharing great news for non-Japanese fans. The CLAMP GIFT book, a real work of art, shall be translated to... we don't know to what exactly, we can just guess at this moment, but it will be translated :clap::bsplit:

Here's translation by Marika

As the CLAMP site has a Chinese and an English version, many fans speculate that the translation will probably be to Chinese or English or both, though. Anyway this is great news! I hope that both will be available on the same online libraries, because Ifanyus who wish to understand the story better, may also wish to have the original version for the placement and calligraphy of the text.
There would be the solution of a translation put on tracing paper, I have seen Astérix books translated this way; but then, one cannot get the whole picture of the double page.

Magill

Record Breaker
As the CLAMP site has a Chinese and an English version, many fans speculate that the translation will probably be to Chinese or English or both, though. Anyway this is great news! I hope that both will be available on the same online libraries, because Ifanyus who wish to understand the story better, may also wish to have the original version for the placement and calligraphy of the text.
There would be the solution of a translation put on tracing paper, I have seen Astérix books translated this way; but then, one cannot get the whole picture of the double page.
I also thought English and Chinese would be the most probable translations, and most probably both...

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Photographer Toru Yaguchi will have an Instagram Live on June 22d with Taichi Kitano, I don't understand if it will be about Yuzuru Hanyu:
https://x.com/yaguchi_toru/status/1801901473670087025

He did mention Yuzuru Hanyu. Although when he says that he would like to photograph him on a beach, and in the light of his recent declaration that he preferred mountain rather than beach, and a previous one stating that he didn't like to walk on the sand, I wonder if this dream has any likelihood of happening some day!
He would also like to photograph him for a magazine cover, which seems more feasible after all?