Yuzuru Hanyu | Page 36 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
I think a LOT of fans would buy that figurine, I think it's based on nendoroids (Ive seen them for TV shows like The Untamed) and is perfect. I would!

Satomi's costumes for his shows were wonderful, I mean that Firebird one which he wore for what, four minutes? - but no expense or effort was spared, and the Spirited Away is now firmly one of my favourite costumes of all, and not just of Yuzu's.
I do hope that these costumes will be re-used! Maybe the full Firebird is too heavy for a skated program of course, but at least, the part he skated with.

Here's the subtitled version of the Yuzuru Hanyu/Kohei Uchimura cross-interview:

Magill

Record Breaker
I do hope that these costumes will be re-used! Maybe the full Firebird is too heavy for a skated program of course, but at least, the part he skated with.

Here's the subtitled version of the Yuzuru Hanyu/Kohei Uchimura cross-interview:

They're so funny together, aren't they? But there is also a lot of truth to what they say.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia

I agree about the weight, but hope he has plans for it, it must have been expensive for that short entrance! But he looked magnificent, which was what was intended :love:

They're so funny together, aren't they? But there is also a lot of truth to what they say.

Especially what Yuzuru says about the beauty of the skating, he's pretty much proven with all three shows that that is what the audiences most want to see (so okay, some skaters can't do beautiful. That ain't Yuzu's fault :biggrin:)

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Sales have started for Fantasy on Ice, and although the results aren't known yet, it is rumoured to be "a bloodbath".
Comparatively, sales for Stars on Ice seem much quieter, but now it seems that, at least, most shows will be sold out (a few are sold out, some others have only seats with restricted view left). The organisers had managed to sell so very few seats before Yuzuru Hanyu was announced!

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It sounds like most of the audiences for both shows will be Yuzu fans... :biggrin: and I suspect both are paying jim accordingly. Now to start wondering what he is going to skate! With the new programs, I have so many I want to see....

Magill

Record Breaker
It sounds like most of the audiences for both shows will be Yuzu fans... :biggrin: and I suspect both are paying jim accordingly. Now to start wondering what he is going to skate! With the new programs, I have so many I want to see....
I wonder if he s going to use one of the new programs from the recent shows or come up with something completely new for SOI... I guess, we might have something completely new for FOI, anyway, because of the guest artists, right?
But, true, with the new programs, difficult to have a favourite yet, they are all so beautiful.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
A lovely, lovely article on Yuzu, Beijing and GIFT...

(there's a link at the bottom to her earlier piece on GIFT. Suffice to say, she really really loved it, loves him :))

Magill

Record Breaker
A lovely, lovely article on Yuzu, Beijing and GIFT...

(there's a link at the bottom to her earlier piece on GIFT. Suffice to say, she really really loved it, loves him :))
Thank you for sharing!

Magill

Record Breaker
I know it is in Japan and all, but it feels funny when Canadian CBC 's promotional clip for this year's Worlds shows... Yuzuru :)

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
He's just so much more photogenic than most people have a right to be... :laugh: so of course they'd use him on the advertising.