Yuzuru Hanyu | Page 58 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
ISU's financial report mentioned Yuzu :devil:
View attachment 6644

(from https://isu.org/inside-isu/financia...tory-auditor/31359-2022-financial-report/file)

Okay, I shouldn't be smug and it's really not good for current and future skaters... but it's still nice to see an (I'm sure begrudging) acknowledgement of how much he did for the financial health of the sport, as well as the artistic and athletic progress (and it's the most popular skater in the world, ISU)

When you think of the estimates of the takings for GIFT alone... I'm so glad the Japanese fans and public are supporting him.
Here's this financial report:
https://www.isu.org/inside-isu/fina...tory-auditor/31359-2022-financial-report/file

So, contrary to what I thought, it's not an official acknowledgement by ISU that Yuzuru Hanyu and Japanese TV channels were their main contributors, but rather a "leak": the auditor heard ISU officials acknowledge it to explain things, and reported it flat-out, maybe because he didn't know that it had to be kept a secret.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Today June 9th had 2 broadcast of Yuzuru Hanyu. The first one was 1h of Fantasy on Ice extracts, and interviews of Yuzuru Hanyu and Shizuka Arakawa by a Miyagi TV channel. Here's a series of Tweets with little bits of this boradcast:

Magill

Record Breaker
Here's this financial report:
https://www.isu.org/inside-isu/fina...tory-auditor/31359-2022-financial-report/file

So, contrary to what I thought, it's not an official acknowledgement by ISU that Yuzuru Hanyu and Japanese TV channels were their main contributors, but rather a "leak": the auditor heard ISU officials acknowledge it to explain things, and reported it flat-out, maybe because he didn't know that it had to be kept a secret.
Whatever the background, it is a good thing that what basically everyone was aware of or at least suspected got finally acknowledged in an official doc. No space for denials and dismissals any more, just plain financial realities out there to be seen. This is always a good thing in the long run.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Here's a brief extract of that broadcast, focusing on Yuzuru Hanyu's footwork:

Here are these moves at half speed:
g5Qnyln.gif

It's not one of these moves where his body visibly defies the laws of Physics; it looks "easy" thanks to Yuzuru Hanyu's wonderful and habitual effortlessness in his skating. Yet even for a non-skater his mastery of blades and balance is simply astonishing. It's not surprising that when David Wilson indulged in some similar footwork in a group program he choreographed, while Yuzuru Hanyu skated it with ease and precision, two other skaters tried to do it, looked clumsy then fell, and the others slurred it putting vaguely their bodies in the required position and omitting the footwork.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Whatever the background, it is a good thing that what basically everyone was aware of or at least suspected got finally acknowledged in an official doc. No space for denials and dismissals any more, just plain financial realities out there to be seen. This is always a good thing in the long run.

Agreed. I'm sure TPTB, especially from th JSU, were not happy to read that paragraph but the maths doesn't lie.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
This user focuses on this new element in If; in French, if means yew, and this move has a bit the shape of a yew, don't you think?
It looks natural at first sight, but it must be pretty difficult too.

In the broadcast of Fantasy on Ice in Makuhari Day 2, was an interview of Yuzuru Hanyu, here's the first out of five parts of its translation:

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Here's another fanart, back from last year about the rainy season and Fantasy on Ice:

This one is a collection of few-pixels chibi Yuzus:

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
We're given some crumbs. Here's a little part of the Finale in that Fantasy on Ice in Miyagi broadcast:

Here he tells that he likes encouragements from the public:

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
The Yuzuru Hanyu ricefield art project 2023 is going on:

The poster has seen a long-haired foreign woman watching the field, they could only bow to each other:

Magill

Record Breaker
Some beautiful fanart by roselisa772 Insta channel. I know there is lots and lots of Yuzu related portraits, drawings etc. on the web but this one seems to me particularly catching, there is something special about it. Kudos to the artist!

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yuzuru uploaded another video to his members on youtube: Notre Dame de Paris, and he still fits into that costume (which may be rather more Weir than I usually like, but I have a soft spot for it).

Magill

Record Breaker
Yuzuru uploaded another video to his members on youtube: Notre Dame de Paris, and he still fits into that costume (which may be rather more Weir than I usually like, but I have a soft spot for it).
The Notre Dame program is so beautiful! I still have a soft spot for it after the last year's FaOI. But this is a full splendid version while the FaOI one was shorter or somehow different, I think?
Fun fact is that Yuzuru clarified in his post that the video can be commented on in other SNMs as long as it is not being reposted (which is strictly forbidden, of course). It reminded me of the little concern we shared here on the occasion of his previous post on whether the content from the membership zone can be discussed outside ot it and to what extent and in what circumstances. I felt like it was responded to from the very source ;). Thank you, Yuzu, for listening and clarifying :)

Last edited: