Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 18 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

Alba

Record Breaker
Nick Verreos on Liza's costume: http://nickverrreos.blogspot.it/2014/10/ice-style2014-hilton-hhonors-skate_27.html

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva of Russia, Free Skate to "Batwannis Beek" and "Sandstorm"--When I first saw her on the ice with this dolman/caftan-like costume with gold sequin and metallic detail, I thought she looked rather "Scheherazade-ish" and Thank goodness, the music started and the Near Eastern sounds blended perfectly with the costume. I liked this look and liked the way the dolman sleeves flowed with her turns and jumps. She really used the costume to extend the theme of her skate. I almost shrieked when I was watching yesterday on NBC and Johnny Weir said something to the effect of "bed sheet" when describing this. Note to Johnny: it's a caftan-like dolman sleeve style darling...NOT a bedsheet.

:biggrin:

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
I hope I won't regret it, but I'm such a fan of Liza this year I'll predict for her to win in the predictions game. Please do well, Liza. ^ ^
She looks awesome in the new photos... and Jonny Weir is a fine one to joke about costumes. :p I have a question to ask, though - is it me, or does it seem to anyone else that the cut of Liza's LP sleeves is slowing her down / making her appear cautious when doing some elements?

adelia

Record Breaker
I hope I won't regret it, but I'm such a fan of Liza this year I'll predict for her to win in the predictions game. Please do well, Liza. ^ ^
She looks awesome in the new photos... and Jonny Weir is a fine one to joke about costumes. :p I have a question to ask, though - is it me, or does it seem to anyone else that the cut of Liza's LP sleeves is slowing her down / making her appear cautious when doing some elements?
I think she has a good chance to win. :)
As for the costume, I don't think it is actually slowing her down but the bagginess of the sleeves might give the impression that she is slower than she actually is. All in all, I do wish the sleeves were different, for both SP and LP.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Liza during practice session today:
https://pp.vk.me/c623428/v623428213/7904/a3iEfc4NeYo.jpg
https://pp.vk.me/c623428/v623428213/78e9/vS1MsMJY6jU.jpg
https://pp.vk.me/c623428/v623428213/78f2/uFgfu-DBjsE.jpg
https://pp.vk.me/c623428/v623428213/790d/U4maUe0XxCk.jpg

Edit:
According to a couple of reviews on weibo, Liza had a great SP run-through. One person described it as "explosive".
She looks ready to kill in those pics. :yes: I hope she brings that same fire to the competition.

Alba

Record Breaker
I think she has a good chance to win. :)
As for the costume, I don't think it is actually slowing her down but the bagginess of the sleeves might give the impression that she is slower than she actually is. All in all, I do wish the sleeves were different, for both SP and LP.

I don't mind her LP costume. It fits to the music/choreo and it's a beautiful colour for her.
I don't like the one used for Bolero though.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I don't mind her LP costume. It fits to the music/choreo and it's a beautiful colour for her.
I don't like the one used for Bolero though.
Yes, the costume for her SP is... :scowl:
But anyways I hope she will do he best, score well and get to GPF!!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
For my 1,500th post, I would like to take this opportunity to wish Liza all the best in the Cup of China, and for the rest of the season.

Thank you for all the joy you have brought me since you burst onto the Senior scene. Yes, there have been ups and downs, but you have fought back and are now back where you belong - fighting for wins.

Good luck for today, tomorrow, this season, and beyond.

CaroLiza_fan xxx

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I am slain by the level of FIERCE in that program. WHOA!

Orange Cat

On the Ice
Liza should be sitting in first with that SP. She had so much determination, so much energy, and she performed the heck out of her program!

adelia

Record Breaker
IMO the difference in scores between the top 2 should have been much smaller, if at all. But you can't control how the judges want to place you. Liza gave it her all and that's most important.

Edit:
Liza should be sitting in first with that SP. She had so much determination, so much energy, and she performed the heck out of her program!
I sensed that the crowd was surprised that Liza was not in first place after everyone had skated.

Orange Cat

On the Ice
I sensed that the crowd was surprised that Liza was not in first place after everyone had skated.

Unfortunately I wasn't surprised - Yulia has more momentum and had a fantastic season last year - but I was hopeful. And the TES GOE didn't reflect how phenomenal Liza's jumps are. Oh well... Upward and onward to tomorrow! Come on Liza and shine!

adelia

Record Breaker
Unfortunately I wasn't surprised - Yulia has more momentum and had a fantastic season last year - but I was hopeful. And the TES GOE didn't reflect how phenomenal Liza's jumps are. Oh well... Upward and onward to tomorrow! Come on Liza and shine!
Yes, very true. I think winning those Challenger Series events helped Liza a little in this respect, the judges probably would have been even more stingy with her PCS marks had she not won those.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Liza is gaining momentum with every competition!! She skated so well tonight and everything went perfect. So good to see her back in top form. Good luck to her in the FS!