Hanyu diagnosed with urachal remnant problem; needs month treatment | Golden Skate

Hanyu diagnosed with urachal remnant problem; needs month treatment

yangjie

On the Ice
accoding to the Japanese media ,
Hanyu is diagonosed as urachal remnant and had the operation on 30 .
he need to take 2 weeks medical treetment in hospital and medical treatment with rest for 1 month .

Last edited by a moderator:

Meoima

Match Penalty
This young man needs a new nick name, Hanyu - has he ever been healthy?

evangeline

Record Breaker
Terrible news! It's extraordinary Yuzuru was able to skate so well at Nationals despite being so ill.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
just how much pain he endured during his short life, more pain than some during their whole life. it is amazing how strong he is both mentally and physically, most of us would be like "why always me? havent i had enough already?" and i am sure he is looking at this thinking " hey this is another challenge, another wall to climb and its only gonna make me stronger". did anyone cast a spell on him or sth? its just too much :cry: wish him speed recovery

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
just how much pain he endured during his short life, more pain than some during their whole life. it is amazing how strong he is both mentally and physically, most of us would be like "why always me? havent i had enough already?" and i am sure he is looking at this thinking " hey this is another challenge, another wall to climb and its only gonna make me stronger". did anyone cast a spell on him or sth? its just too much :cry: wish him speed recovery

poor Yuzuru!!!! but he is really strong-willed guy..

jennyanydots

On the Ice
It's really not that serious. It's just a remnant connection from the urinary bladder to the umbilicus. There's several types so don't know how symptomatic it was. Usually causes problems if it gets infected/inflamed.

apple123

On the Ice

I wish Hanyu a speedy recovery! But this is a bit over-the-top. I'm sure many many professional atheletes have had injuries, surgeries and played with pain. It's no need to be so melodramatic.

dasani

On the Ice
I wish Hanyu a speedy recovery! But this is a bit over-the-top. I'm sure many many professional atheletes have had injuries, surgeries and played with pain. It's no need to be so melodramatic.

Well....considered what happened in the past 8 weeks....nah..i think we are allowed to be a bit emotional :drama:

Meoima

Match Penalty
well I agree that many top sportman have had injuries and surgeries... but it's just too much for him in a short time that make people feel worried.

Let's review the timeline

October: He withdrew from Finlandia because of back pain
November before Cup of China: Kurt Browning said Yuzuru had ankle sprain.
November in Cup of China: Collision, 5 different injuries on his body (head, chin, back, right ankle, left thigh)
December: abdominal surgery, lost 3 kg due to fatigue

I'd say in just about 8 weeks, I don't want this much pain for anyone, not to mention your favourite.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Urachal Abnormalities

What is the urachus?

The urachus is a remnant of a channel between the bladder and the umbilicus (belly button) where urine initially drains in the fetus during the 1st trimester of pregnancy. The channel of the urachus usually seals off and obliterates around the 12th week of gestation and all that is left is a small fibrous cord between the bladder and umbilicus called the median umbilical ligament.

What are the disorders of the urachus and the symptoms?

Disorders of the urachus occur when there are abnormalities with the sealing off of the channel during fetal development. There are at least 4 types of urachal abnormalities seen.

This occurs when a section of the urachus did not seal off, but there is not a connection between the bladder and umbilicus. Often, this is asymptomatic and is only detected when an ultrasound is performed for other reasons.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker

you might have a point but what happened to him this year, just past 8-9 week is really too much, just accident in COC alone was scary,everything came at him at once, as others say we have right to be dramatic :p

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well, best of luck to him and I hope he gets well soon.

I also hope he's sensible about any return to the ice. Sounds like 4CCs is out, and he should probably reconsider Worlds, too.

evangeline

Record Breaker
Well...knowing Yuzuru, he'll probably want to compete at Worlds even if it means being rolled onto the ice in a gurney and skating with an IV strapped onto his arm.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Well...knowing Yuzuru, he'll probably want to compete at Worlds even if it means being rolled onto the ice in a gurney and skating with an IV strapped onto his arm.

Bad me... I actually loled imagine this :slink:

Speedy and complete recovery for Yuzuru, even if I wish to see him defend his title, I hope he puts his health first and sit out if he needs it

Rissa

Record Breaker
Why do you want this pain for anyone? WTH does that mean? Did anyone wish this pain on Hanyu? Things happens, so deal with it like a man. I think that's exactly Hanyu is doing. Sometimes I forget I'm on a figure skating forum. So leave me out of the secondhand embarrassment.

What the everliving...?

Meoima just said she wouldn't wish pain on anyone.

What happened to basic reading skills?

Talk about second-hand embarrassement.

Last edited:

GermaricanMix

On the Ice
What the everliving...?

Meoima just said she wouldn't wish pain on anyone.

It's hard to read correctly when one needs to be outraged about something =P I had no problem understanding what Meoima said, personally. And I agree with her, Hanyu has been through a LOT these past two months. I hope he rests and recovers. If he makes it to Worlds I'll be cheering for his victory, if he doesn't I'll completely support that decision.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker

Not that important anymore - deal with it like a man :biggrin:

Seriously though, speedy recovery Yuzu! And I doubt anyone wanted to imply Yuzu was the only one having trouble with injuries or that his injuries were more important than others or whatever. But his season so far is definitely not the average for injuries - with that bad crash at CoC and the following one and a half weeks in a wheel chair and now being hospitalized. And he still competed 4 times in the last 9 weeks or so. I think it's fine for fans to be worried or even a bit dramatic, it's not as if it was meant to belittle somebody else.

As for sitting out worlds: not happening. Yuzuru was injured at all his previous worlds, so I guess he's just continuing the trend :slink:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker

Lol so true. They can try to lock the door, chain him to a hospital bed, only to discover some how dramatic POTO music ends up playing and he is able to parachute in from roof of the arena phantom style complete with a beautiful 3A. This guy want to compete and his mind is strong.

Good recovery Hanyu. Health must come first... you have nothing to proof and done more than enough already. There are plenty of time for all those stuff yet.