Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 528 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

Nomi

Rinkside
Actually tonight reminded me of his famous Nice 2012 FS...even tonight he yelled aloud as he skated. The feelings were very similar, and despite his mistakes I felt in awe of what I saw in him, like in 2012.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I am sure he has been practicing like crazy, and frustrated at not winning, as any good sportsman would be, but what he managed here with this kind of season behind him... Respect.

I am watching the SP and LP with Dutch commentary now. Nothing very interesting, but funny how they mentioned his 100+ world record for the SP, adding "In Holland we would be happy to get that as a combined score for the SP and LP". :laugh:

danni

On the Ice
hey come on! A silver isn't that bad, is it? as long as he's tried his best, plus his health issues, it's actually pretty satisfactory already! And losing to his 'husband' isn't all that bad..... right?:biggrin:

Ha, ha,ha......
Congratulation to his " husband" !!! But I'm very proud of him, even with the silver. He has very few time to proper training and he got silver. I am happy with that. If he was in a better condition......

Last edited:

CrystalClear

Rinkside
Country
United-States
:clap: Congratulations to Yuzuru for winning the World Silver medal! :clap:

I hope that he is not too disappointed. We your fans certainly are not. It is clear that he is not in his best condition, but he gave it his best effort which is all I could ever ask as a fan. I hope it helps that he can celebrate with Javi. Javi had a wonderful season and a well deserved win at these Championships. I love Yuzuru and always root for him to win, but I cannot help but be happy for Javi today. I look forward to Yuzu's gala performance, and then I hope that he can get a good rest and come back like a hungry tiger next season. I would just love for him to come on over to Boston next year to win his gold back...and for us fans in the US to be there to see it!

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Silver is a wonderful medal. -And as others have pointed out, one he hasn't had yet.
He did his best even in the tough circumstances and I'm so proud of him.

Elaine666

Final Flight
Not a bad result for me. Sometimes you have to lose before you win and I think yuzu understands this more than any others. I just hope Japanese press would not bother him for not bringing back 3 entries...honestly... its not his fault....

gsyzf

Medalist
Based on everyone's comment, I thought Yuzu had a disaster. But it wasn't that bad. Other than the first two quads, the rest of the program was perfect. I think his biggest mistake was popping the 4S. This competition for Yuzu is a bit like NHK, where he had problems with all of his quads. But he did a lot better here. It's very admirable.

Plumededragon

Medalist
We can clearly be VERY proud of Yuzuru! Considering the year he had had, it's like a MIRACLE that he managed to accomplished so much! I know he did have great doctors and support, but mentally lot of skaters would have crumbled in his place.
And to be frank, I wanted Javier to be the only one he'd loose to.
Yuzuru prooved that he had big mental and physical strenght. He's probably a bit disappointed, but he's aware of what he had accomplished so far and he looked genuinely happy for Javier when the score for his friend (or husband, as anyone wish, lmao XD) was announced.

Congratulations for your silver medal little ice prince, we're proud of you! :cheer:

danni

On the Ice
I'm still VERY happy for Yuzuru!

This silver he got in the same skating rink when we were terrified to watch him skate after the scary collision with Han Yan, and after the Japanese Championships, the surgery....and after that the sprained ankle... So many problemmes and he obtains a silver. I am very proud of you Yuzuru, our little prince of ice!
Have a good rest and be healthy and strong for you and all that are loving you ! You are a hero to me !

Last edited:

Caustica

Final Flight
Ahhhh, so upset about Japan losing three spots. Not that it's Yuzu's fault of course. Such things really depend on how other people skate as well, so... it's not really anyone's fault... but it's sad all the same :(

BUT, I am actually really glad that Yuzu didn't win Worlds with that performance. Imagine all the backlash! Even if Javi hadn't skated well, Yuzu winning over Denis would already enrage people. (Well, he technically still did, but it doesn't matter because he didn't win.)

On an unrelated note, I really hope he keeps Chopin and returns to the original planned layout next season. Spread eagle - 3A - spread eagle. :love:

By the way, does anybody have a translation of his post-FP interview?

Caustica

Final Flight
By the way, interestingly, during both of his competitions in this arena, he has won silver. But of course, this time it is under much more favourable circumstances/much less suspect judging... :laugh: He has returned full circle to the start of the season!

Elaine666

Final Flight
When watching the live, I was so glad that he did not give up after two opening jumps; he pulled out together and delivered the rest of program at his best. So proud of him!

Yuzusan

On the Ice
We can clearly be VERY proud of Yuzuru! Considering the year he had had, it's like a MIRACLE that he managed to accomplished so much! I know he did have great doctors and support, but mentally lot of skaters would have crumbled in his place.
And to be frank, I wanted Javier to be the only one he'd loose to.
Yuzuru prooved that he had big mental and physical strenght. He's probably a bit disappointed, but he's aware of what he had accomplished so far and he looked genuinely happy for Javier when the score for his friend (or husband, as anyone wish, lmao XD) was announced.

Congratulations for your silver medal little ice prince, we're proud of you! :cheer:

Nice english words from France ;)

gsyzf

Medalist
Why would people be mad of Yuzu scoring higher than Denis? He lost the FS to Denis and Denis won the FS. The scoring is pretty fair given all three medalists are favored by the judges.

Ahhhh, so upset about Japan losing three spots. Not that it's Yuzu's fault of course. Such things really depend on how other people skate as well, so... it's not really anyone's fault... but it's sad all the same :(

BUT, I am actually really glad that Yuzu didn't win Worlds with that performance. Imagine all the backlash! Even if Javi hadn't skated well, Yuzu winning over Denis would already enrage people. (Well, he technically still did, but it doesn't matter because he didn't win.)

On an unrelated note, I really hope he keeps Chopin and returns to the original planned layout next season. Spread eagle - 3A - spread eagle. :love:

By the way, does anybody have a translation of his post-FP interview?

Caustica

Final Flight
When watching the live, I was so glad that he did not give up after two opening jumps; he pulled out together and delivered the rest of program at his best. So proud of him!

Same! I am actually not surprised, since as far as I can remember, he always fights to the end :) Those were some gutsy saves!