Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 544 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
He said he regretted his performance and that he had mixed feelings, regret and happiness for Javier. But 7/8 he felt regret and kept crying. Javier tried to comfort him, but Yuzu kept crying while repeating "I'm not crying, I'm not crying". Javi told him "I won this time but in my heart YOU will always be the champion". Then Yuzu told himself again "Oh, what a nice person Javier is". (laugh)

Thanks for the translation. It's very revealing of both their personalities I think. It seems Javier understands Yuzuru's makeup very well and knows how fiercely the competitive fires burn within the latter, and to Javier's credit, does not begrudge Yuzuru the same. As for Yuzuru, it is great he recognizes Javier's worth both as a skater and as a person. I remember a comment made by their coach Tracy Wilson that having them train together works because both are "good guys." Indeed they are.

serafine

On the Ice
in a way, i'm glad the whole yuzu lost and javi won scenario happened. we could see another yuzu side rarely been seen and javi's tender side. above all, we can see their beautiful friendship first hand. thanks a lot for sharing! i'm swooning now. awwwww

Yuzusan

On the Ice
I just got back from Oriental Sports Center. From what I saw, the real Yuzu is much more beautiful than he appears on TV. He really looks like a china doll. His skin is just so perfect that it almost glitters, not only on ice but also off ice (there was a small medal ceremony this afternoon. I was there in the crowd, and I swear that he has the most perfect porcelain skin in the world:hopelessness:)

PS. I watched him the whole time during fs 6 min warm up. I can tell you that he landed every single one of his jumps in the warm up. It's such a shame that he failed his quads in the fs. But anyway, I love him even more after this trip:hopelessness:

Did you come to Shanghai just to watch the championship, or you were already there for work or study ?

ahkeekee

Medalist
He said he regretted his performance and that he had mixed feelings, regret and happiness for Javier. But 7/8 he felt regret and kept crying. Javier tried to comfort him, but Yuzu kept crying while repeating "I'm not crying, I'm not crying". Javi told him "I won this time but in my heart YOU will always be the champion". Then Yuzu told himself again "Oh, what a nice person Javier is". (laugh)

Oh my goodness!!! Javi is really such a nice person!! This really shows the glittering and close relationship between the Cricket Brothers, especially between Javi and Yuzu!!! Javi is like an elder brother indeed! :agree:

I'm all teary after watching that interview and this translation! Hope they'd be great friends forever (including Nam as well of course :) )

Last edited:

Plumededragon

Medalist
Oh my! It seems to me that Nam is stronger than Yuzu? Yuzu couldn't pull Nam out without the help of Javi..... LOLS
Nam always appeared to me as having more muscles since he grew up. He almost as tall as Yuzu (or maybe his height already?), and considering that even if Yuzu gained muscles those last weeks, he's still more slender, so I'm not surprised Javi helped along. :laugh:

OMG Kaitlyn the real perpetrator! and Nam has to listen to the Senpai!! :laugh2:
Bless Kaitlyn, lol! :agree: I love it, with Nam being "No no NO NO!!!", and how the skaters pushed him toward Yuzu and Javi so that he HAS to do it. :laugh2: