Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 83 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

Globetrotter

Medalist
Yeah it does. But I don't think she will go for a 3F combo, so maybe it makes sense for her to stick with the 3T-3T, even if she can do the 3Lz-3T.

I have a feeling she will rather tack the combo again after the 3Lz rather than 3F. I have noticed that Tuks doesn't seem to like to go on the inside edge as much. Her 3Lz is very sound and the loop is solid and the 3T is huge. The 2A is certainly a money jump for her. I always felt that her 3F is her weakest jump and that only very relatively. The 3S could also get tilted at times. Which leads me to suspect she dun really like the inside edge jumps much.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
I really like the warm words about Japan she said in the above interview :love: I hpe she had great time @ WTT.:yay: & lovely words about Carolina! (caroLiza fan will appreciate that:biggrin:)

& lol I wonder if she's going to the Scorpions concert in May. maybe Mishin will present another ticket to her (Im going so maybe I can stalk Liza there:p)

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
Huh is he being serious? I think only Asada had ever tried that in Vancouver 2010 and then, she only landed a total of 6 triples! I am just so concerned that with 2 x 3A, Tuks LP is going to be just packed with content and little choreo. Isn't it better to start off with just one? To go for the first ever fully rotated no edge calls 8 triple LP instead?

Possible jump layout: 3A, 3Lz-2T-2Lo, 3F, 3Lz, 3T-3T, 3R, 3S

I think her 3A is quite stable at this stage, otherwise she would not have taken the risk at the Worlds. Going for 2 3As in the LP sounds really crazy for Liza, who can do all the other triples with very high quality in one program. Mishin said in this short interview that they will move in the direction of adding one 3A to the SP and two 3As to the LP next season. To include one 3A in the LP is more reasonable. Hopefully she can improve her whole package in the following seasons, not only in jump layout.

Talking about Mao, even my very little brother is one of her admirers. :eek:: You know, he only watched her skate once! :laugh:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Re: Liza's EX from CBC. Kurt Browning mentioned the Elizabeth Taylor thing, which I've mentioned before. It's uncanny how much she can look like her, especially with her hair down.

Looks like she nearly had a wardrobe malfunction with that dress. I do like the dress and color on her, but either use some illusion fabric around the bust or cut it slightly higher. She can still look sexy without risking a peep show!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
My dream LP:

3A
3Lz-3T
3Lz
3F
--
2A-3T
3S-2T-2Lo
3Lo

(Actually, I'd like to see her try 3F-3T and 3Lo-3T to complete her 3-3 arsenal)

jkun

Final Flight
She should do the impossible program with 8 triples and 2 double axels.. . :)
3A
3Lz-3T
3F
--
3Lz-1Lo-3S
2A-3T
3Lo
2A

jkun

Final Flight
My dream LP:

3A
3Lz-3T
3Lz
3F
--
2A-3T
3S-2T-2Lo
3Lo

(Actually, I'd like to see her try 3F-3T and 3Lo-3T to complete her 3-3 arsenal)

She doesn't get a lot of flow out of her 3F and 3Lo-3T is ugly IMO. I'd like to see her spread out her toe/edge jumps. Her free program this year was too many toe jumps in the first half. She should do at least 1 lutz in the 2nd half.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
She should do the impossible program with 8 triples and 2 double axels.. . :)
3A
3Lz-3T
3F
--
3Lz-1Lo-3S
2A-3T
3Lo
2A
Someday! But save it for Olympic year (unless they're planning 4T-3T by then :laugh:).

Or, how about (a few changes):
3A
3Lz-3T
3Lz
--
3S-3T
2A-1Lo-3F
3Lo
2A

She doesn't get a lot of flow out of her 3F and 3Lo-3T is ugly IMO. I'd like to see her spread out her toe/edge jumps. Her free program this year was too many toe jumps in the first half. She should do at least 1 lutz in the 2nd half.
3F-3T will probably be inconsistent, but I'd like to see it at least once, at a low-pressure event (a senior B or something). And while 3Lo-3T isn't the most elegant, again, I want to see her do it once because I think she can. :)

Caustica

Final Flight
Crazy possibility maybe not next season but if she keeps doing well... :D

3A+2A
3A
3F
--
3Lz+3T
3Lz+1Lo+3S
3Lo
2A

Last edited:

Globetrotter

Medalist
Crazy possibility maybe not next season but if she keeps doing well... :D

3A+2A
3A
3F
--
3Lz+3T
3Lz+1Lo+3S
3Lo
2A

That really wouldn't do justice to the first 3A which gets a SEQ 80% score. I personally think 2 x 3A is quite crazy for ladies. I have not really seen Tuks training a 3 jump using the 1R connecting jump but if incorporating a 3A in the LP is the plan, a realistic way is to keep the major changes to a minimum.

My second proposed layout (with realistic chances in mind):
3A
3Lz+3T
3F
--
3R+2T+2Lo
3Lz
3R
3S+2A SEQ
Jump BV = 51.73, Max jump GOE = 15.6

Caustica

Final Flight
That really wouldn't do justice to the first 3A which gets a SEQ 80% score. I personally think 2 x 3A is quite crazy for ladies. I have not really seen Tuks training a 3 jump using the 1R connecting jump but if incorporating a 3A in the LP is the plan, a realistic way is to keep the major changes to a minimum.

3A
3Lz+3T
3F
--
3R+2T+2Lo
3Lz
3R
3S+2A SEQ

Hahaha. I did say it was a crazy possibility; of course I don't think that she is actually going to do it, nor should she imo. Oh, I forgot that the 80% thing applies to the first jump as well. In which case, 3A+2T could do.

I just rewatched her Russian Open Skates FS again (Sept 2014) - based on her jump layout then I think she was intending to go for 3Lz+3T! (But it didn't work.)

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Liza has been announced to take part at WTT, this girl has been on a lot of events already, but it could be a chance for her to practice her 3A in a competition again :biggrin:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Thank you. If I'm reading the computer translation correct, he says that Liza's back is fine now (like how she's gotten over puberty)? If it's true, I'm relieved (though she still needs to be careful, of course).

3A
3Lz+3T
3F
--
3R+2T+2Lo
3Lz
3R
3S+2A SEQ
Hmm, interesting. Kinda like a combination of her old layout (3Lz-3T), her current layout (3S-2A), with a triple axel. She's repeating lutz and loop, instead of lutz and toeloop like she has all these years.

If my calculations are correct, the 3A version of her old layout (second half goes 3Lz, 2A-3T, 3S-2T-2Lo, 3Lo) actually yields a slightly higher BV at 52.28. And that's despite repeating the toeloop instead of the loop, due to the SEQ rules affecting that 3S-2A. It might be too ambitious though, since Liza basically has three difficult jumping passes to navigate in the program (3A, 3Lz-3T, 2A-3T... it all depends on how consistent 2A-3T is). Though to be fair, she doesn't really need your layout either--just 3T-3T is fine. ;)