Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 645 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
Haha, no it doesn't ;).

He looks quite intense about Yuzu's performance here, and is the first to cheer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVlaDyTObkI (I'm still trying to remember what made me notice his interactions with Yuzu before that FP hug)

lol he is definitely a stan. He is probably one of us on this thread posting 5 seconds vines of Yuzu's quads. I noticed he was super intense while watching both his programs. He was also the 1st to cheer and the loudest. I mean, his reaction when Yuzu landed quad sal was so cute.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
By the way, I was trying to decide which of Hanyu's Chopin performances would be saved to my collection of favourite videos... tough decision because he never did it perfectly. (I almost wish he'd keep it another year, do it perfectly... and set a new WR)

But in the end it was between his World's and his WTT performances - the program was more polished by that time, and had a few extra "details" that weren't there at first. And of the two, I chose WTT... because I see a quiet intensity in that performance that isn't in any of the others. I also love how his movements are locked into the timing of the music, he really becomes "one" with it (he's always done that though, it's how he first caught my attention years ago).

I think his WTT short program was possibly most intense I've seen him since his 2012 World's FS - which is a bit weird considering the subtlety of the program and the music. I guess it's a testament to how much he has developed, that he can deliver such a passionate, powerful and expressive performance, to "gentle" music like that...

That was my exact feelings when I first watched his WTT SP. It really caught me by surprise because his ballade always gave me feelings of peacefulness, excitement, and a hint of sadness. But this time, it felt determined, painful and…..somewhat unsettling. Definitely seemed darker/heavier in emotions than his previous performances. It was amazing, even with the fall. :)

Caustica

Final Flight
That was my exact feelings when I first watched his WTT SP. It really caught me by surprise because his ballade always gave me feelings of peacefulness, excitement, and a hint of sadness. But this time, it felt determined, painful and…..somewhat unsettling. Definitely seemed darker/heavier in emotions than his previous performances. It was amazing, even with the fall. :)

I totally agree. I think it was Yuzu's face - his expression was so intense... I actually felt a bit scared watching it. His movements were also more pronounced, sharper. It really created a special atmosphere. It's a shame that there was the spread eagle glitch and the rather disruptive fall :(

Plumededragon

Medalist
Hey guys,

A few weeks ago, we talked about the coming GP season and where we hoped Yuzuru would go. A few of us talked a lot of Trophee Eric Bompard, as to where it will be held as there're already U2 concerts planned in Paris Bercy on the days it will take place.
Well, Europe on Ice just tweeted that it will be held in Bordeaux again. I'm a bit disappointed it will not be held elsewhere, but at least those who have came last year will be familiar with the place. And I will definitely go if Yuzuru is scheduled for TEB for next season. :yes:

Poice

Final Flight
Hey guys,

A few weeks ago, we talked about the coming GP season and where we hoped Yuzuru would go. A few of us talked a lot of Trophee Eric Bompard, as to where it will be held as there're already U2 concerts planned in Paris Bercy on the days it will take place.
Well, Europe on Ice just tweeted that it will be held in Bordeaux again. I'm a bit disappointed it will not be held elsewhere, but at least those who have came last year will be familiar with the place. And I will definitely go if Yuzuru is scheduled for TEB for next season. :yes:

Too bad...I planned to go to TEB (even if Yuzu won't skate there) but only if it'll be held in Paris ;(

Plumededragon

Medalist
I wish they had chosen Lyon instead, which has a proper arena for such event. Oh well... hopefully they'll do a better job than last year, because apparently people complained a lot about the event (lot of travelling, bad arena and so on...).
I don't remember who exactly (sorry about that) but one of you said that there weren't many people at all. Hopefully it will be better this time, no matter which skater will go (but they'll need better organization. On Florent's IG, who went to TEB, there wasn't any ice 3 hours prior the 1st practice...)

ahkeekee

Medalist
I wish they had chosen Lyon instead, which has a proper arena for such event. Oh well... hopefully they'll do a better job than last year, because apparently people complained a lot about the event (lot of travelling, bad arena and so on...).
I don't remember who exactly (sorry about that) but one of you said that there weren't many people at all. Hopefully it will be better this time, no matter which skater will go (but they'll need better organization. On Florent's IG, who went to TEB, there wasn't any ice 3 hours prior the 1st practice...)

That's really..... quite bad!!! Let's hope they'll improve on their organization....

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Well. Bordeaux is a beautiful place, and the food is great :-D
And it's cheaper to fly from London to Bordeaux, than take the Eurostar from London to Paris.
And faster too, I think...! o_O

For us, it's worth going whether Hanyu is there or not...

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
The rink in Bordeaux is permanent, so there is always ice...! But they put covers over it to hold concerts etc, so maybe it was still covered from a previous event?

I don't think the venue was bad last time - except for the kiss and cry which is "upstairs" from the rink... that's just nuts. We can't see the skaters when they're up there.

Plumededragon

Medalist
The rink in Bordeaux is permanent, so there is always ice...! But they put covers over it to hold concerts etc, so maybe it was still covered from a previous event?

I don't think the venue was bad last time - except for the kiss and cry which is "upstairs" from the rink... that's just nuts. We can't see the skaters when they're up there.
Well, there was a Shaka Ponk concert a few days prior, but still I wonder why they would keep it covered for so long. That's quite confusing when you see that. Maybe there was problems with installation and they were very late...

I hope they'll make the K&C downstairs this time. Even if you have the screens to see the skaters, it's always better to see them "for real". Hopefully, people in charge have heard the complains and while they keep it in Bordeaux, they will change a few things to make it better.

ahkeekee

Medalist
Well, there was a Shaka Ponk concert a few days prior, but still I wonder why they would keep it covered for so long. That's quite confusing when you see that. Maybe there was problems with installation and they were very late...

I hope they'll make the K&C downstairs this time. Even if you have the screens to see the skaters, it's always better to see them "for real". Hopefully, people in charge have heard the complains and while they keep it in Bordeaux, they will change a few things to make it better.

Can those at the top rows see the k&c area or is it that simply no one, literally speaking, could see the skaters in k&c area?

Plumededragon

Medalist
Can those at the top rows see the k&c area or is it that simply no one, literally speaking, could see the skaters in k&c area?
Ok, I just looked around for some French articles and if they stay truth to their words, the K&C will be different:

"We wanted to make things different (regarding the K&C being on the 2nd floor). Next year, we will put the Kiss & Cry with the rows, for more proximity with the public." At least, that's what Gailhaguet (the head of FFSG) said.

Edit: I just noticed your title too, LOL! I think you'll have to keep it for some times.:p

Last edited: