Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 676 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
I've been aimlessly clicking around the isu scores and I've learnt that if Yuzuru had been able to skate at 2010 Vancuver Olympics and had got the score from Junior Worlds, he would have placed tenth there. :shocked:

:jaw: That's kind of awesome :biggrin:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Ice network elected Jeff Buttle as the person of the year and at his interview there was a pharagraph where he talked about working with Yuzuru:

[ He approached me about skating to Chopin," Buttle said. "I went through Chopin's musical catalog and ultimately found ["Ballade No.1"]. It's not an unknown piece, but when I listened to it, I thought it almost comes in waves. I thought about [Hanyu] and how after the Olympics he was pulled in every direction, and I think the music was reflective of how he was so busy off the ice, but when he was on the ice, this was his place. It was very peaceful and mature." ]

Here for the complete article

He is doing Adam Rippon and Joshua Farris's free skates for next season. I'd love to see a Buttle choreographed free for Yuzuru but I have little faith that it will happen...
Hopefully they will work together for the SP again :yes:

Wow! What a great interview! Thank you:thumbsup:.
The quote “but when he was on the ice, this was his place. It was very peaceful and mature." is really impressive.
That’s the thing I felt watching Ballade, especially the one in WTT2015. Yuzu created a peace and quiet moment:love:.
Anyway, I cannot thank Jeff enough for giving yuzu such a murderous program.
I hope he will do it in FaOI Makuhari, like he did PW(SP) in Makuhari last year. Then, it will be broadcast on TV. If he can make it clean, he will be satisfied:cheer:.

Last edited:

owl

On the Ice
Ice network elected Jeff Buttle as the person of the year and at his interview there was a pharagraph where he talked about working with Yuzuru:

[ He approached me about skating to Chopin," Buttle said. "I went through Chopin's musical catalog and ultimately found ["Ballade No.1"]. It's not an unknown piece, but when I listened to it, I thought it almost comes in waves. I thought about [Hanyu] and how after the Olympics he was pulled in every direction, and I think the music was reflective of how he was so busy off the ice, but when he was on the ice, this was his place. It was very peaceful and mature." ]

Here for the complete article

He is doing Adam Rippon and Joshua Farris's free skates for next season. I'd love to see a Buttle choreographed free for Yuzuru but I have little faith that it will happen...
Hopefully they will work together for the SP again :yes:

Buttle honestly seems to understand his skaters very well! I don't think I've watched all the programs he's choreographed, but I do love everything I've seen from him. Pleasepleaseplease keep working with him, Yuzuru!

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Buttle honestly seems to understand his skaters very well! I don't think I've watched all the programs he's choreographed, but I do love everything I've seen from him. Pleasepleaseplease keep working with him, Yuzuru!

Yeah, yuzu and Jeff are genius and I cannot but expect the two of them will create in the future.:)

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Thanks guys, I'm sure we're going to have a blast over there :biggrin: I've been wanting to do this for years and I'm super excited

FaOI has an amazing cast and I love the kid to death, but I'd have to win the lottery more than once if I wanted to travel half way around the globe just for an ice show :laugh: it's just an extremely lucky coincidence that we're going to be in Tokyo that weekend. Because of course I was crazy enough to check the dates of all the big ice shows to see if there's anything I might be able to catch while we're there :p

I hope you can enjoy your trip to Tokyo. The end of May is one of the best seasons to go around Tokyo!:cheer2:

Bonesfan

On the Ice
Thanks guys, I'm sure we're going to have a blast over there :biggrin: I've been wanting to do this for years and I'm super excited

FaOI has an amazing cast and I love the kid to death, but I'd have to win the lottery more than once if I wanted to travel half way around the globe just for an ice show :laugh: it's just an extremely lucky coincidence that we're going to be in Tokyo that weekend. Because of course I was crazy enough to check the dates of all the big ice shows to see if there's anything I might be able to catch while we're there :p

Ahhh, that makes more sense..... still envious that you will be in Japan. You are becoming quite the Fan Auntie, what with Finlandia last fall and GPF. Hey off topic, but have you been to Tsukiji? Huge fish market (and auctions). It was the most amazing thing I saw in Tokyo.

firal

Record Breaker
Since we were on the topic of ice shows in Japan, here's what I've always wondered: is it possibly for oversea fans to buy tickets online/phone? It seems to require rather elaborate membership of ticketing sites, all of which requires addresses in Japan plus to be actually in Japan for payment or pickup. The most advice I've received is "get help from a Japanese friend to buy for you", which is not exactly feasible. I will not be going this year, but for the future, is there a way to get tickets? I've always wondered since I do see recaps of non-Japanese going over to Japan for ice shows and competitions (and burning with jealousy...:p)

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Ahhh, that makes more sense..... still envious that you will be in Japan. You are becoming quite the Fan Auntie, what with Finlandia last fall and GPF. Hey off topic, but have you been to Tsukiji? Huge fish market (and auctions). It was the most amazing thing I saw in Tokyo.

Tsukiji is a unique place. I'm glad you enjoyed there. But unfortunately, Tsukiji market will be relocated to another place towards 2020 Tokyo Olympic, although it has a history of 75 years:cry:. So there is no much time left to visit the old historical Tsukiji! I hope as many tourists as possible can visit Tsukiji before the relocation.

Last edited:

alia jackson

Record Breaker
Have fun Pamina and all the fans that will be going for the ice shows :cheer:

130,860 views for Hanyu's PW Ex at WTT! Video has been up only one week.

That is the 'SP' of the season, could have gotten another WR there. GOE +3million for perfect execution under the spotlight and the teasing smile at 0:30 :biggrin:

And the comment "+1000 GOE for sexiness" by youtuber devilsmileyz :points:

Translation from a Magazine Sportiva.
Young skaters talk about Yuzu. Shoma, Nagai, and Wakaba
http://ice-kingfisher.tumblr.com/post/117578712098/sportiva-crazy-about-yuzuru

Thanks for sharing Newbiespectator. Love that Yuzu taking care of his juniors at competitions (he is a big brother now :yes:) and being an inspiration to them. Too funny the girls envy his thin figure. Well got to confess that Yuzu inspires me not to be slacking on my workout... if he can train hard to be the best, I should train hard too :p.

Last edited:

Morena

On the Ice
Yeah, I realized how high the score had been. That program was artistic. He got such a good evaluation by judges since he was young!:biggrin:
Nah. He was always lowballed PCS-wise. I mean he always was so artistic, expressive, with good choreo and SS. But wasn't rewarded even 8.5 even in season 2012-2013. (LP). But bless his ability to land quads and axels like it's not a big deal. Hard to ignore such skater, eh?

BTW, Pamina and other members, who is going to attend ice show with Yuzu, please clap and cheer loudly for all of us. It's hard to believe when your dream came true.

ranran

Zamboni time
On the Ice
Translation from a Magazine Sportiva.
Young skaters talk about Yuzu. Shoma, Nagai, and Wakaba
http://ice-kingfisher.tumblr.com/post/117578712098/sportiva-crazy-about-yuzuru

Thank you! (And to the translator as well). This is very interesting and heartwarming to read! One of the first thing that caught my attention about Yuzuru is the stability of his jumps as well. He has such beautiful axis, thats what set the quality of his jumps apart from others (aside from smooth and sure landing). There are many others who has beautiful 3A (in terms of height and distance) for example but I have not yet seen others who has beautiful axis like Yuzuru. Thr routine he did before every skate really contributes to ensure the quality of his jumps and I seems to remember coach Nanami Abe who keeps reminding him that when he first learn Quad toe.

And Yuzuru became a translator for Shoma... who would have thought 😁😁

See even girls jealous of Yuzuru's figure. I want Yuzuru's type of lean body too. 😁😁

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
thanks for articles and news and translations!!
Buttle! he is brilliant, i hope he will choreograph for yuzuru too (along with Lambiel XD), they are like a dream team, i hope that the fact that they didnt mention he will make program for yuzuru in the article is because they like to keep us in the dark and reveal who made the program in the last minute :slink: (and he is gonna work for satoko for an ex number!!! :love: )
also, girls are jealous of his thin body? what a surprise :laugh: yuka is such a fan girl :biggrin:
here is an article about Tracy Wilson and how she started coaching (her son's hockey team haha), not sure where to share article because she worked with so many skaters!
and here is Javi's message to yuzuru after Javi won his 1st european championship (sadly it wasnt the same medal for yuzuru though :p)

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Nah. He was always lowballed PCS-wise. I mean he always was so artistic, expressive, with good choreo and SS. But wasn't rewarded even 8.5 even in season 2012-2013. (LP). But bless his ability to land quads and axels like it's not a big deal. Hard to ignore such skater, eh?.

:agree:

BTW, Pamina and other members, who is going to attend ice show with Yuzu, please clap and cheer loudly for all of us. It's hard to believe when your dream came true.

Yeah, what’s more, yuzu is a born showman, and finds it very fulfilling to entertain audience. It’s good for him to enjoy a reasonable number of shows, I believe..:p