Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 758 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

Morena

On the Ice
So you mean there won't be any fan videos? Cause the officials are banned most of times. (fingers crossed) For someone to have filmed it even if it wasn't allowed.

I watch japanese skaters many years and to be honest, I`ve never seen fan videos from japanese shows, only official. I guess when it`s forbidden, then it`s strictly forbidden in Japan.
In Yuzu`s case, I`m even glad that it is what it is. Can you imagine in other case we should`ve been watching thousands of vids thinking it`s worth it.

skatefan22

Medalist
I somehow remember last year, we have quite a few fancam of his SP at DOI. Hope this time we will see some fancam as well.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
The more I see it, the more I love his look for Vertigo..tight leather pants and all~ :eek:: NEWS23 showed a clip of the performace, so we'll probably see it online by today :party2:

mikaboo

Medalist
Btw and apologies for hijacking this thread, there's wailing and gnashing of teeth in the Yuzuru thread about the ban on fan cams in the show so if you can pretty please also give a review of Yuzuru's skate there, that will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

Visiting from the Shoma thread per Maria's request :)

Yuzuru's Vertigo was fantastic and he was indeed a "rock star" as he's often described by commentators. He really has a strong presence on the ice. I think his booty swinging motion has gotten much better compared to 5? years ago and his hydroblade was :love:
The collaboration with the singer was kind of boring for me, not much different to the last 3 collaboration programs and the orange/yellow citrus candy looking top didn't suit him but the blue top at the finale was nice. Blue really suits him well.
He didn't fall on any of the jumps during the 2 programs and I don't think he popped anything either.

Him and Plushy (and surprisingly Shoma) were 3 that stood out for me at the opening, but that might be based on my personal biases and the lighting.
During and after the finale, Yuzuru tried the 4lo 4 times but failed all of them - 1fall, 3 pops(?), he did a dogeza, but it was a humorous gesture, nothing serious.
I'll add more if I remember anything else. Sorry about my short memory :p I'll just say that he looked really energetic and "genki" and was having lots of fun.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
thanks for the report mikaboo! glad to hear he was having fun,, it seemed like it from the pictures :laugh: i hope you did too, i am so jealous :cry:
i wanna wait to comment about his costume for new ex (1st impression is not so good :hopelessness:) till i watch the program cause i promised myself that i will trust his judgement about costumes after seeing him skate to chopin with his PW costume :laugh:

alia jackson

Record Breaker
Thank you Mikaboo for updating us on Yuzu's performance, really appreciate you taking the time since it already past midnight in Japan :clap:. I bet you had an awesome time today and so did Yuzu in performing to the audience.

Thanks again Mikaboo, and we also miss you on this thread :)

Plumededragon

Medalist
Visiting from the Shoma thread per Maria's request :)

Yuzuru's Vertigo was fantastic and he was indeed a "rock star" as he's often described by commentators. He really has a strong presence on the ice. I think his booty swinging motion has gotten much better compared to 5? years ago and his hydroblade was :love:
The collaboration with the singer was kind of boring for me, not much different to the last 3 collaboration programs and the orange/yellow citrus candy looking top didn't suit him but the blue top at the finale was nice. Blue really suits him well.
He didn't fall on any of the jumps during the 2 programs and I don't think he popped anything either.

Him and Plushy (and surprisingly Shoma) were 3 that stood out for me at the opening, but that might be based on my personal biases and the lighting.
During and after the finale, Yuzuru tried the 4lo 4 times but failed all of them - 1fall, 3 pops(?), he did a dogeza, but it was a humorous gesture, nothing serious.
I'll add more if I remember anything else. Sorry about my short memory :p I'll just say that he looked really energetic and "genki" and was having lots of fun.
Thank you for the review! I'm looking foward to seeing videos of the performances.
So he fell only once and popped the others? That's rather better than hearing he fell all of them and popped 1, lol!
Also happy to hear he looked, well... happy!^^

Plumededragon

Medalist
After looking at Yuzuru's costume, I have to say that I like it but there's something... off. Not sure if it's the colors. Maybe it's too pale and need a better balance between dark and pale orange shades?

Meoima

Match Penalty
it's okay, Nothing can beat his "The final time traveler costume" for me :laugh:
I am the same.
This orange one.. The design is quite okay, just the color is too neon-ish.
This color might be okay in dark ice shows. But hopefully he will never use this color in competition.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
I am the same.
This orange one.. The design is quite okay, just the color is too neon-ish.
This color might be okay in dark ice shows. But hopefully he will never use this color in competition.

I agree, for competitions It's a big no no.

Morena

On the Ice
I would really like to know WHY Yuzuru chose to skate to Vertigo, I hope they'll ask him!!!

More like he has no other upbeat program. :laugh2:
He cannot skate PW again, right?
I somehow remember last year, we have quite a few fancam of his SP at DOI. Hope this time we will see some fancam as well.
I don`t remember it. Anyway, DOI is not quite a commercial show, it`s more like TJ skaters` showing off (including juniors) at the beginning of the season with couple of stars, unlike FaoI or PIW. (Just guessing)

Ah, I`m so excited today, like it`s New Year`s Eve!!!:cheer:
Thank you for your updates.

Last edited: