Your favourite Akiko Suzuki programs | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Your favourite Akiko Suzuki programs

christinaskater

Medalist
1. O- NHK Trophy- MASTERPIECE!!!!
2. Hymne à l'amour- Worlds 2014
3. die fledermaus- Worlds 2012 LP
4. Phantom of the Opera 2014 Japanese Nationals (one of the greatest of all-time).
5. Kill Bill
6. Hungarian Rhapsody.
7. Les parapluies de Cherbourg
8. West Side Story-2010 Grand Prix Final!
9. La Campanella
10. Fiddler on the Roof (Cup of Russia)/ Love Dance.

christinaskater

Medalist
Akiko Suzuki is one of my favourite skaters of all-time! Tied with Michelle Kwan at the top. I just miss her so much. Any news on what she is doing currently? I hope she comes back. Age ain't nothing but a number.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Akiko Suzuki is one of my favourite skaters of all-time! Tied with Michelle Kwan at the top. I just miss her so much. Any news on what she is doing currently? I hope she comes back. Age ain't nothing but a number.

She's choreographing now I believe and she's acting as a mentor to some skaters like Rika Hongo.

Weathergal

Medalist
"West Side Story," as I mentioned earlier, is still my favorite. But wow, that performance of "Phantom" at Japanese Nationals is amazing! I truly brought tears to my eyes at the end of the performance. I don't care what anyone says...when you perform like that, even POTO isn't a warhorse!

christinaskater

Medalist
"West Side Story," as I mentioned earlier, is still my favorite. But wow, that performance of "Phantom" at Japanese Nationals is amazing! I truly brought tears to my eyes at the end of the performance. I don't care what anyone says...when you perform like that, even POTO isn't a warhorse!

For me, she is one of the greatest figure skaters ever. She may not have the consistency and mental resilience of Mao or Yu-na but she skates with her whole heart and her whole being.

Her artistry is one of the finest in the history of the sport. I have my Michelle Kwan throwback moments and my Akiko Suzuki throwback moments.

I am secretly wishing that she comes back for a final season. She is so mature, balletic and musical.

christinaskater

Medalist
After "O", I felt that POTO was a mainstream choice rather than an artistic choice. Her POTO at Japanese Nationals is one of the greatest skates I've ever seen. Had she skated like that at the Olys or Worlds and had a perfect SP, she would've medalled. She is my champion and I am so honoured and blessed to have witnessed her beautiful skating and her inspiring career.

tulosai

Record Breaker
So happy this thread exists! I truly believe Akiko is one of, if not THE, most underrated female figure skaters of all time.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
That was amazing!

Probably my favourite programme, although a very difficult decision, was West Side Story. Just beautifully worked to the music.