Your favourite Akiko Suzuki programs | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Your favourite Akiko Suzuki programs

bluebamboo

Spectator
Probably my first post here after browsing for a looong time, for Akiko!

I would cast my votes to Hungarian Rhapsody, Kill Bill and POTO. But it's hard to decide - although she doesn't have the best technical elements, she skates with such maturity and joyfulness and always gives me goosebumps!

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Akiko was one of the rare species of skaters by heart. She was engaged in all of her programs, utterly charming, enchanting. Guys from Hollywood, read her story and make the movie about her, cause she undoubtedly deserved this. She competed at her firs Grand Prix at the age most of skaters have already retired. Amazing woman. I hope she'll do her best as a choreographer :)
As for her best programs - I think "Hymne a l'amour" at Worlds 2014 was truly magical :)

randomfan

Record Breaker
So happy this thread exists! I truly believe Akiko is one of, if not THE, most underrated female figure skaters of all time.

Especially in PCS and spins. I find them both absolutely beautiful. As for step sequences she should deserve all 3s from judges like Carolina Kostner.

Here is what I think she should get for her PCS in some competitions.

2012 NHK FS - 68
2013 4CC SP - 33
2013 WTT FS - 72
2014 Olympic FS - 68 (Yulia should get lower than this)
2014 Worlds SP - 35
2014 Worlds FS - 70

To think that her highest ever PCS was only 67.20. All the top senior Russians except for Pogorilaya and Leonova beat that already.

christinaskater

Medalist
Especially in PCS and spins. I find them both absolutely beautiful. As for step sequences she should deserve all 3s from judges like Carolina Kostner.

Here is what I think she should get for her PCS in some competitions.

2012 NHK FS - 68
2013 4CC SP - 33
2013 WTT FS - 72
2014 Olympic FS - 68 (Yulia should get lower than this)
2014 Worlds SP - 35
2014 Worlds FS - 70

To think that her highest ever PCS was only 67.20. All the top senior Russians except for Pogorilaya and Leonova beat that already.

The Russians are truly amazing.

As much as I love Akiko, she didn't really have the consistency and mental fortitude of the major champions. I was really happy that she was crowned Japanese National Champion! Well-deserved! What an amazing crowning moment!

willdu

On the Ice
So many good ones! O might be my favorite just because of its originality, but her Phantom at Nationals was such a feel good program. You couldn't not be happy for her. Also whoever cuts her music, props to them! That Phantom is pieced together seamlessly.

christinaskater

Medalist
So many good ones! O might be my favorite just because of its originality, but her Phantom at Nationals was such a feel good program. You couldn't not be happy for her. Also whoever cuts her music, props to them! That Phantom is pieced together seamlessly.

I have to agree. Japanese Nationals was her most consistent event!