Bruno Massot released from French Federation | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Bruno Massot released from French Federation

Meoima

Match Penalty
Does this highlight at all this problem of skaters wanting to skate for other country's being almost held for ransom or other reasons?
Is Didier going to be elected as ISU president and just make this worse?
Well the initial ransom was said to be 70,000 euros. It has gone down to 30,000 euros as someone has said or so... I guess the price is one vote for ISU president campaign.

Don't kill me but I miss Speedy already. :cry:

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
Aliona will finally get the Olympic gold medal she deserves.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Finally some good news! Looking forward to pairs having some decent competition in Europe :cheer:

samson

Medalist
Well this news is filled with mixed emotions for me. I'm thrilled for Bruno and Aliona. They have worked hard for this moment and certainly deserve it. Two wonderful skaters will finally get to compete and as spectators we will finally get to enjoy them on the ice as a team.

On the other side of it, I'm very sad to hear that this result only came about by bending to Didier's will. As a fan of this sport for the last 16 years I feel sad yet unsurprisingly betrayed by Speedy and the ISU who seem to care/know little about the soul of Figure Skating.

I fear what will happen if/when Didier is made president of the ISU. His words and his actions seem to be that of someone who is jealous and greedy and this sort of approach to "handling" him sets a scary precedent.

And yet I do so want to congratulate Aliona and Bruno! While this is a bittersweet day for me as a fan, this is surely a GREAT day for them.

Any idea how soon we may be able to see them compete?

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
I'm so happy for them!!!I was starting to think he will never be released.
Does this mean they can compete right now or there is some time needed before they can compete? I will go to Europeans this season(I'm also planning to go in 2017) and it would be wonderful to see them.

humbaba

Final Flight
I can't wait to see Aliona compete again. Congratulations to her and Bruno. I wish them all the best.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Forgive me for not knowing this but, how do these federations treat their skaters once they leave and skate for other nations? Haven't these federations invested in the training of these skater's? If so, do they make these skater's compensate them for expenses before they are released?

Merjan

On the Ice
The best news of the day. So happy for them. I hope they'll skate in Tallinn or Latvia if there is a senior-B in November.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Forgive me for not knowing this but, how do these federations treat their skaters once they leave and skate for other nations? Haven't these federations invested in the training of these skater's? If so, do they make these skater's compensate them for expenses before they are released?

You might wish to read Posts 21 & 25; this thread and this one for some answers. :)

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Super happy for Bruno and Aliona! (Finalyyy)

Kinda sad for the ISU? since It's kinda obvious Didier's in charge now ;)

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
You might wish to read Posts 21 & 25; this thread and this one for some answers. :)

Thank you, I'll check it out. :agree:

I just read them. Wow....Ransom is a strong word but, I bet that's how the skater's feel in this situation. Of course, I understand both sides. My next question would be. "What's a skater to do if there's no viable partner in their country?" You train all you life in hopes of having a successful career. If you find a good partner you should do whatever it takes to make things work. I realize the skater's have to choose a country to represent however, it doesn't make Bruno any less French no matter who he skates with.

Last edited:

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
At last! :clap: Good luck to them in competitions now.

Celine

On the Ice
Great news at face value, ... but one cannot help but dread that there are 'strings' and a catch (or two).

For the SKATERS ... wishing them nothing but the BEST!

For the sport... another patch of ugly.