Three Impossible Wishes | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Three Impossible Wishes

ragdoll

On the Ice
1. A clean 4A by any skater. I'd like to see if it's possible.
2. Stolbova/Klimov to win Euros, GP final and Worlds
3. Savchenko/Massot to beat Duhamel/Radford at any competition.

Rissa

Record Breaker
1. Yuzu doesn't get injured.
2. Rika Hongo makes it on the Worlds team.
3. Both Lip and Pogo make it on the Worlds team

---

4. Nathan Chen gets a costume. -That one's likely, right?

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
1. Michal Brezina to put two perfectly skated programs at Olympics and win a medal
2. Pairs discipline to get the recognition they deserve (I'm looking at you Japanese Fed and American SOI directors)
3. For judges and technical panels to not to be biased based on skater(s) nationality, both positively and negatively (since this season of banned anonimity we clearly see that some judges are very much biased)

Last edited:

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
1. Everyone stays uninjured
2. judges being fair ,stop being biased , tech panel punishing cheated take offs, underrotations, punishing flutz and lip not only by "selection" and skaters reputation but watch them well.
3.Stop inflating PCS and GOE and actually give points according to their handbooks, read them well from time to time at least.
4. Having 2 Olympic gold medal for pairs event in 2018, one for Aliona another for Sui/Han (one can dream) :biggrin:

(Other than that all my wishes are pretty possible and realistic ) :biggrin:

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Oh yeah...Tessa and Scott finally win the grand prix final
lol why is it impossible?:laugh:

More than 3 wishes:laugh:

K/S becoming WC & Euro, also in the Oly team:biggrin:
Koreans stopping their hate campaign against Adel already :palmf:
No injuries
Nathan = WC
No inflated scores for Gracie & D/R
Rukavitsyn skaters becoming super conssitent -> Aliev - JWC
3As performed constantly & clean programs follow by Liza, Mao & Kihira
Karo coming back & becoming WC
Nikita becoming the king of twizzles!:devil:

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would love to see a seperate BV for double jumps in the opposite direction.

No more representing nations

StSeq becomes more of an artistic moment like the ChSeq and the ISU realizes a skater making a predetermined amount of turns in particular directions is nowhere near as important as what they do with those turns in relation to the program.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
1. No more disproportionate points/bonuses for quads.
2. Shock absorbing blades-skates
3. Invisible, weightless, 100% flexible safety gear which provides protections equals to that of a hockey goalie for figure skaters.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
1. Maxim Kovtun World Champion
2. a fair event in Pyeonchang (where fair means coherent with the rest of the season)
3. The Oscars of Figure skating, where the ISU rewards the best jumper, best spinner, best female/male/pair skater/ice dancers,...

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
1. Every country can have 3 spots at all disciplines as long as they have the Minimum TES.

2. Magic fake ice is invented that skaters actually like, no more resurfacing, nor more costly AC - just set it and forget. It shows the tracings of the blade for about a minute so that pictures can be taken to look for issues - but the magic stuff melts back to a smooth surface for the next skater.

3. Skaters in the USA even at a moderate level being able to get college scholarship and look forward to a stable and happy economic future involving skating.

lappo

Final Flight
3. The Oscars of Figure skating, where the ISU rewards the best jumper, best spinner, best female/male/pair skater/ice dancers,...

That would be great! I would include costumes, choreographers, coaches and programs.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Today it's Canadian Thanksgiving... so I thought... let's do some 3 impossible Canadian Wishgiving ;)

1)The Canadian Curse finally over : Olympic Champion PATRICK CHAN
2)A Canadian sweep of the Ice Dance podium in Helsinki ;) In random order, Weapo, Voir and Piper&Paul
3)Canada qualifies 3 women for the olympics ;)

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
That would be great! I would include costumes, choreographers, coaches and programs.

That actually sounds like a nice idea. I doubt though that the ISU will do anything like it. Maybe some such award could be created by the fandom?

lappo

Final Flight
That actually sounds like a nice idea. I doubt though that the ISU will do anything like it. Maybe some such award could be created by the fandom?

That's actually a great idea! Maybe we could do nominations for different categories as the season goes on and after Worlds "give the Oscars"...

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
1. Adam Rippon skates 2 solid, clean programs with a clean, 4z in the sp & lp and gets on the world podium.
2. Ashley Wagner gets her first world title
3. Lyrics are no longer allowed in competitive skating. .:sarcasm:

ETA: I just realized the title of the thread said 'impossible', so let me change my answer.

1. Judging becomes entirely fair and skaters are never 'held up'. The skater who skated the most difficult, clean, solid program wins regardless of country or back room deals.
2. Long, held moves like spirals and spread eagles (and variations thereof) as well as artistic expression are given huge points.
3. Still stands, no lyrics allowed in competitive programs, ever.

Last edited:

Lenny318

On the Ice
1. Med's team tweaks her lp to get rid of the sirens/audio and change literally anything else between the opening and ending miming to make this program worthy of being called a new program
2. Mirai wins Nationals and medals at Worlds
3. Jason starts landing 1 quad in the short and 2 in the long while not sacrificing choreography for setting up the jumps (not impossible but hiiiighly unlikely. I'd love to be proven wrong :p)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For the men:

1. Spins, performance skills, choreography and artistry are rated as highly as number of rotations in a jump.

2. Jason stands on a Worlds Podim.

3. Misha Ge is there with him.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
For the men:

1. Spins, performance skills, choreography and artistry are rated as highly as number of rotations in a jump.

This is not an impossible wish because it's already happening as skaters get thrown on the trash heap because they're "just jumpers" or get robbed of national titles in favour of "arteestes".

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is not an impossible wish because it's already happening as skaters get thrown on the trash heap because they're "just jumpers" or get robbed of national titles in favour of "arteestes".

But I think Max (for example) *has* many of those skills, and certainly more than the (to me) monotonous Nathan Chen. He might not be Jason level, but who is?;)

So number four:
4. Jason and Max stand on the Nationals Podium.

And I admit I like Adam too. And Grant is really growing on me. How to choose? But this is not impossible.....