2016 Skate Canada Men's LP | Page 33 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate Canada Men's LP

Raomina

On the Ice
Yassss!!!!!

Before people go crazy, let's remember Chan had an 11-point lead and his program even with the doubles was just so superior. And Hanyu got two downgrades, tripled a quad, and doubled a quad over the course of the competition.

Chan also only got 91 PCS which is pretty reasonable.

Still landed the same number of quads though... just saying.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
I fear it will get worse as the competitions and years go by if this is the path men's skating continues :disagree:

Eehhhh.... Javier Fernandez won worlds last year with the best worlds winning LP ever. Yuzuru Hanyu broke all the world records and delivered some of the best performances of the history of the sport at NHK and GPF. Heck, the whole GPF mens event was ridiculously awesome! And even just last week, Skate America was really good. This post couldn't be more wrong.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
people always forget the SP...
Yassss!!!!!

Before people go crazy, let's remember Chan had an 11-point lead and his program even with the doubles was just so superior. And Hanyu got two downgrades, tripled a quad, and doubled a quad over the course of the competition.

Chan also only got 91 PCS which is pretty reasonable.

begin

Medalist
Hanyu fans gotta calm down. Yuzu really blew it in the SP and they kinda propped him up there. I think Chan deserved this one.

eta

Medalist
91 isn't overscoring. He skated an amazing program. Even if you don't like the music or interpretation, the actual figure skating itself was sublime.

Maybe I'll find a good quality video later. But I have nothing against his music.

treeloving

Medalist
I think it's the time of the year for the collective amnesia where everyone forgets that Hanyu always bombs his beginning of the season, it's the most amusing time, If I may say.

I see that Samohin is owning. I can't with his costume though, I thought of POTO as well. :coffee:

Apparently it was a fall? LMAO I wasn't looking and thought it was a positive reaction from the crowd. :laugh2:

The sad thing is he always bomb here , peak in december then bomb again in Feb/March. If he doesn't bomb here then I hope it means he could break this pattern but since he semi bomb......

Eislauf

On the Ice
Chan has very impressive technical skills but imho still lacks charisma, showmanship, personality, pizazz, interpretation. Boring and bland. There's no "X Factor" like there is with YUZU.

Last edited: