Anna Pogorilaya | Page 50 | Golden Skate

Anna Pogorilaya

LRK

Record Breaker
Interesting that Anna Tsareva showed Misha Ge as an example to follow. I like that! And contrary to what some fans say, Anna and her coach have a good, professional relationship. Hope it will quiet some know-it-alls.

Well, they would have to read it first. Also, why let the facts get in the way of a good scandal?;)

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, this weekend I officially became an Anna fan -- not that I disliked her before, but I have never really followed her too much. I just loved her Por Una Cabeza SP. Her FS was a little ragged but shows tons of potential. Kind of agree about the SP costume. Wasn't quite sure what that was that was hanging around her shoulder.:) Since I am just learning about her, does she always look so grim in the Kiss and Cry? I remember she appeared the same at Worlds, even after a good skate. And her coach had almost a mad look on her face (after the FS). Usually people try to at least put on a brave / pleased look while everyone is watching them...Anyway, I will enjoy watching her as she progresses throughout the season. Good job Anna.

roma

On the Ice
Too bad she didn't skate that well in her FS at Finlandia but the one I saw live in JO really had some real potential. It was one of the programs I really liked there. She fell on warmup while waiting for Higuchi's score and I thought it looked like she hurt her hand. Glad she still managed to put out a really good performance after that. I prefer her skating out of all the senior Russian ladies right now.

LRK

Record Breaker
I think one shouldn't underestimate how tired she must have been skating in Finland the week after she'd been skating in Japan. There must have been quite a bit of jet lag involved - both ways - on top of the natural tiredness of competing two weekends in a row. All I'm saying is that not too much should be made of it when looking forward to how the rest of the season may turn out. Also, early days and all that.

moriel

Record Breaker
And i would like to point out, while it wasnt perfectly clean, two years ago she would have splatted on each of the messed up jumps.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Rostelecom is about to happen. Let's hope for Anna to pull of two clean performances. :cheer: I don't think her win is guaranteed with Elena as competition. Elena may struggle but she won Rostelecom against Evgenia last year. She is still so loved. Aw, I have a feeling this will be exciting!

MiaMalina

Rinkside
Rostelecom is about to happen. Let's hope for Anna to pull of two clean performances. :cheer: I don't think her win is guaranteed with Elena as competition. Elena may struggle but she won Rostelecom against Evgenia last year. She is still so loved. Aw, I have a feeling this will be exciting!

Yeah, but last year Evgenia made big mistake in short , and Lena was clean. But now It will be her first big competition after long time and she was not looking like 100%. But neither Anna and Julia are 100%. So my guess is that 1st place will be battle between Lena and Anna ( I would say if Lena will not mess up she will be 1st ) 2nd Anna , 3rd Julia ( maybe) . But I am really curiouse about Lena's Turandot . I have a feeling this can be really good !!!

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I think that Anna's going to win this. My opinion is that Elena won last season because she was a world medallist then, Evgenia should have beaten her. Anna might not be as popular as Elena but it's hers to lose. She's the favourite.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I think that Anna's going to win this. My opinion is that Elena won last season because she was a world medallist then, Evgenia should have beaten her. Anna might not be as popular as Elena but it's hers to lose. She's the favourite.

Yes, it's hers to lose, but I think that Elena is able to eek out clean performances when Anna falters. I don't think she has it in the bag, honestly. The quality of her jumps should put her ahead of Elena, true. But it's Anna, not always-perfect Evgenia. Let's see what happens.

MiaMalina

Rinkside
Yes, it's hers to lose, but I think that Elena is able to eek out clean performances when Anna falters. I don't think she has it in the bag, honestly. The quality of her jumps should put her ahead of Elena, true. But it's Anna, not always-perfect Evgenia. Let's see what happens.

Exactly . And this is the biggest question if Anna can push herself and be clean. That would be perfect because I really like both of her programs this season, I love Anna's personality and I know she can do it, but as you said she isn't always-perfect Evgenia and we know she can mess up a lot. Anyway I think both of them ( Anna and Elena) will make it to GPF. Can be already friday evening ?

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I have the feeling that Anna will be more consistent this season than she ever was. I'm not so sure about Elena, I think that Elena still has to get used to her body, something that Anna has already dealt with. I really look forward to seeing her at Rostelecom!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Thanks for sharing the drawing pics. Julia and Elena look so mature, it's amazing to see. I'm happy though. And Anna, for some reason, looks younger with darker hair. ;)

sneakers

Match Penalty

Radionova has a better record skating at Cup of Russia, also Lena is darling of Cup of Russia, always been !

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Anna is a Worlds medalist now and a better skater than she was in previous years. Things can change. But if Elena wins I would hope it would be on merit and not because she is a "darling" of anybody. :rolleye: