2016 Trophée de France Pairs LP | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2016 Trophée de France Pairs LP

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nope, still hate this music and I feel that they skate through it not with it. I don't think they like it either.

Problems in the SBS's not withstanding they are so nice to watch in the elements and so..disconnected outside of them. I want them to find a good program. I have a suggestion for them but it's probably wrong: The theme music from Outlander. They liked Riverdance so they have some experience with that kind of music.

I like that idea. Riverdance lit them like nothing else I've seen from them, and the Outlander music also has that haunting Celtic vibe. Something T/M need.

Lota

Record Breaker
T/M's lifts are amazing this season though :love:

So, could they still make the GPF?

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Please please please T/M get some better programs. Your basics are so good and there is so much potential here, but if you want to start winning competitions, that's what is holding you back!

They are Russia's best bet for the podium right now. Surely they can get a better long. I actually like the short. The music is good and they seem to enjoy it. I don't think they enjoy this one.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I like that idea. Riverdance lit them like nothing else I've seen from them, and the Outlander music also has that haunting Celtic vibe. Something T/M need.

The thing that worries me the most is I think we are going to get at least 3 Outlander programs next year in pairs or dance. It's a feeling. The music is ripe for the picking.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
First tie breaker is the highest place. 1 is better than 2. The rules are easy though and it's been like this since forever. Anyway, they end up 2nd so...

For 1+5 you get 22 points, for 2+3 you get 24, so all teams with 2 + 3 places are higher in standings than S/B...

Lysambre

Final Flight
They are Russia's best bet for the podium right now. Surely they can get a better long. I actually like the short. The music is good and they seem to enjoy it. I don't think they enjoy this one.

The short was great yesterday, they looked like they were having fun. Not so much today.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Killed on PCS and rightly so. Their program is what VV won worlds with back in 88. Comparing it to SM is harsh because theirs is the oppositze, modern and creative. Mozer's tastes are really outdated and she seems to have lost her technical wisdom too.

No, her pairs are just the most elegant pairs in figure skating, period.

It's like bashing on Carolina Kostner's skating, no way. :noshake:

glorybox6

Final Flight

Yeah, you're right, the short is fine. It does look like they have fun skating it, too.

But this long. S/M were rewarded with those PCS because the program is beautiful. T/M will continue to lose points there until they have a program from this decade (as opposed to three decades ago).

tulosai

Record Breaker
First tie breaker is the highest place. 1 is better than 2. The rules are easy though and it's been like this since forever. Anyway, they end up 2nd so...

Right but points comes before tiebreakers. 2 (13 points) and 3 (11 points) is 24 total points. 1 (15 points) and 5 (7 points) is only 22 total points. So there is no tiebreaker needed, Tarasova and Mozorov will qualify over Seguin and Bilodeau. A tiebreaker is like between Segin and Bilodeau and Denney Frazier who both currently have 22 points.

LisaS

On the Ice
Right but points comes before tiebreakers. 2 (13 points) and 3 (11 points) is 24 total points. 1 (15 points) and 5 (7 points) is only 22 total points. So there is no tiebreaker needed, Tarasova and Mozorov will qualify over Seguin and Bilodeau. A tiebreaker is like between Segin and Bilodeau and Denney Frazier who both currently have 22 points.
T and M were 5th at Skate America so they are behind S and B.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

No, her pairs are just the most elegant pairs in figure skating, period.

It's like bashing on Carolina Kostner's skating, no way. :noshake:

Elegant it's debatable. Anyway, it's not what I was talking about. You can be elegant and skate programs that are bad or outdated. TM are the perfect example. Or VT. Thanks to Morozov for once, SK are in a different league on that point.

QuadThrow

Medalist
Aljona and Bruno really have to re-think everthing techical.

The programs are superb and I go with the PCS but want to see some conistency!!

Ditch the 4STh and make a clean 3STh. Just do 3S+2T and do a 4Tw and work on the levels of the twist. This seems to be more useful than everthing else

Giselle

Medalist

But 1st and 5th is 15+7=22
2nd and 3rd is 13+11=24

So T/M have more points than S/B :scratch2:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
T/M have 24... should be enough... S/B have 22 but the good news for them is that they are ahead of Z/E now who sit at 22 as well but lose on the first tie-breaker...

S/M have 30
T/M 24
S/B 22 (other teams also have 22 but are behind on tie-breaker)

Other teams to contend : D/R with 15 + another outing
I/M with 11 + outing
Y/Z with 13 + outing
P/J with two outings....

I think that's it??? Did I forget a team?

So assuming that these 3 teams do well, you would have your top six. If one of them falters below 22 points, tie-breakers will apply but Seguin Bilodeau should always win that one since they got the 15 points in SA with the win...

Meaghan has made an appearance in this thread.. :scowl:

What happens with T/M and the grand prix final now?