2017 U.S. Nationals Championship Pairs SP | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2017 U.S. Nationals Championship Pairs SP

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ya she is not liking him at the moment. 4 Items under review. They are just not getting there. After she didn't even look at him. That totally effects things. Hmm.

That's funny considering she was the one who messed up on the jumps.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Oh dear, that's unfortunate for Mervin and Marissa. :( I'm seriously worried about their chances to make it to the Olympics next season.

andromache

Record Breaker
I love them both separately, but I don't feel like Marissa and Mervin have gelled as a team.

Performance/quality-wise they have gelled so well. Which makes the lack of gelling on elements all the more frustrating.

Kayne/O'Shea had a Moment with this program at Nationals last season. Which makes repeating it a bad idea IMO.

Watching them after C/T shows how the teams are TOTAL opposites. C/T have the quality, K/O have the jumps but no presence at all (SBS, at least).

That throw fall was ROUGH. Kudos to Tarah for keeping it together.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I really hope Tarah is okay, that is the worst fall throw I've seen in recent memory. :(

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
What a nasty fall on that throw! Why are they still attempting a throw flip when they have such a lean? They should go back to the loop which I believe they had better success with.

It seems like C/LD might be in first! What an exciting competition! Can't wait for the free!

TMC

Record Breaker
Well I just shouted an expletive. It's 2:18 am here. My husband is not pleased :laugh:

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Tim LeDuc must be smiling to himself after winning the short after Marissa turned him down.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Kayne / O'Shea: A bit of a struggle on the 3Twist landing. Good comeback with solid sbs 3S. Extremely tilted take-off on the throw 3F (might be underrotated as well) and an awkward fall to the side. The final spins were out of sync near the end as well. Not the short program they were looking for, especially after the success they had with it last year.

andromache

Record Breaker
Oh dear, that's unfortunate for Mervin and Marissa. :( I'm seriously worried about their chances to make it to the Olympics next season.

Does Mervin have US citizenship? Has he applied for it?

If not, I wonder if being not "all in" has a psychological impact on them. And it might create some resentment on Marissa's part. Idk. I know I'd be frustrated.

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker

At this moment he still can't go due to citizenship issues. Of course it could potentially be expedited but if they keep on like this I don't think it's likely.

LeCygne

Final Flight
I'm pretty much over Castelli/Tran at this point. They've had so many seasons to get it together and just never seem to be able to put out a clean program. Everyone talks about them having "the look" but what's the use without the elements? On the other hand, Cain/Leduc have been really impressive as a first year team - hope they have a great long!