2017 U.S. Nationals Championship Pairs SP | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2017 U.S. Nationals Championship Pairs SP

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Erika and AJ

Did Erika powder her bun to match her dress, or does she just have ombre'd hair? She's in a classy white chiffon dress with long sleeves and an open back, he's a lazy bum with a white tshirt with a little light blue ombre at the bottom.

nooooo, IN, noooooo work dammit

TMC

Record Breaker
This song...all I can think about is "Hold me close, young Tony Danza" :laugh2:

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Smith / Reiss: Nice and high 3Twist. Only a double from Smith on the attempted 3S. Great throw 3S. Good sync but not great positions in the sbs spins. Fairly simple, open choreography, but generally clean. Surprised they got a level 4 in the step sequence, though...

tulosai

Record Breaker
Before this warm up got on did anyone else see Marissa give Mervin the look of death when he clapped to the music before they got on yikes he stopped right away just thought it interesting.

Also saw it, thought it was a little odd. Who knows?

skatemouse

On the Ice
Smith / Reiss: Nice and high 3Twist. Only a double from Smith on the attempted 3S. Great throw 3S. Good sync but not great positions in the sbs spins. Fairly simple, open choreography, but generally clean. Surprised they got a level 4 in the step sequence, though...
If they had done the jumps they would be way high. The twist was great and the lift too wow.

Last edited:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Ugh I just got distracted during Smith/Reiss's skate when I noticed an actor from a few of my favorite shows had died :(

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Really nice death spiral

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Fujimoto / Barsi-Rhyne: Shaky landing on the 3Twist. Only a double for the sbs, and unfortunate fall on the throw flip attempt. Not a lot of strong technical elements really.

Last edited:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker

Miguel Ferrer. Crossing Jordan was my favorite show when I was younger, and recently I've been watching NCIS:LA.

Not Miguel Ferrer!

Yup, Miguel Ferrer. I knew something was up because he was slurring his speech a lot during last season of NCIS:LA, but had no idea it was this serious.

Now back to skating. Yay distractions.

Last edited:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Cali and Nicolas

She's in almost the same dress as Erika, but he's stepped up his game with a sparkly black (un)button down and cumberband.
Wow, the entrance into the SBS jumps- and the jumps themselves! I like the mirrored effect they have going on.

IN is being a dingleberry, so I missed a lot of the program

skatemouse

On the Ice
Fujimoto / Barsi-Rhyne: Shaky landing on the 3Twist. Only a double for the sbs, and unfortunate fall on the throw attempt. Not a lot of strong technical elements really.

ONly double flip? Wonder why. They needed at least a double axel I would think? Nice program but a little sad they seem not happy or I don't know.

gold12345

Medalist
The triple twist and throw salchow from Smith/Reiss were some of the best today. Too bad about the errors.