World Team Trophy - Day 3 | Page 45 | Golden Skate

World Team Trophy - Day 3

breadstal

Record Breaker
Anyway, it was quite fun competition :laugh: Congrats Team Japan :love: Ladies killed it in the last group, yey for Elena and Wakaba :luv17: Happy that season is over but I'm already getting stressed out thinking about Olympics season lol.

Lindacrow

Final Flight
It would not surprise me if he tried to badger Brian into letting him compete there even though it's 3 weeks before the Olympics.

Yuzu wouldn't compromise any chance for the Olympics. Oops, I guess he can't retire until he wins :biggrin:

atsumiri

Record Breaker
True, but then look how Med only does combos with the toeloop, both Mai and Wakaba use the loop in their three jump combo. When you have all scores on papers, Mai and Wakaba have a higher BV. And with their execution today, I can't understand how they are so far behind Med in TES! It's frickin 6-7 points on TES only. It makes 0 sense
she does more transitions in and out every single elements and does tano/rippon for jumps. She is in full control over every single elements. not just jumps. spins, stsq. ALL of them!

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Best picture, all of these awesome people together :luv17: Thank you for this season, to all of the skaters!

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
I think it's Mai that's the issue. She should have been below Wakaba. Then of course, Zhenya had to go up from her.

I kind of agree, Mai should have been below Wakaba and not 70+ PCS. But I'd defend the high SS and PE scores based on her insane speed alone. She made me dizzy watching her live :laugh:

I'm not complaining about Evgenias score though, to make that clear. I don't think you can pick out one specific skater that was overscored here... oh, wait, I can, Ashley :p

skatemouse

On the Ice
anyway, it was quite fun competition :laugh: Congrats team japan :love: Ladies killed it in the last group, yey for elena and wakaba :luv17: Happy that season is over but i'm already getting stressed out thinking about olympics season lol.

usa pairs:/

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Bit disappointed Team USA didn't put more effort into their tracksuits, they're the same colour as Team Japan's! Didn't they get the memo about showing up in the same clothes to the same event? :laugh:

Although, there's only one trophy! Who gets to keep it?!

Ooo, incoming Russian WTT selfie!

randomfan

Record Breaker
As of today, I think I'll officially give up in seeing a change for the scoring of this sport. Evgenia was insanely overscored as usual, but everyone else in the final group did not deserve their scores either. Same goes for the SP.

I really was hoping that it can finally be realized that the scoring is not acceptable at the moment in ALL competitions, but it never happened. Even joking about the scoring doesn't help anymore.

Certain skaters are receiving what I call "worldwide inflation" and for the whole season. What I dislike most about this is that they also have certain skaters almost always be lowballed. Zijun Li is a good example here. And despite her finally getting the score she deserves today, I'm actually angry because the judges were overly generous to everyone else in the final group anyway.

Nika09

On the Ice
Marin in for a shout too... I can't decide who i like more Marin, Wakaba or Mai, there are many others too... but if Waka manage the 3A, i will have her ahead of everyone else.

Now it seems hopeless to get gold even if she will managed to jump quadruple. And it's just not right to fight without any chance to be a champion.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
I kind of agree, Mai should have been below Wakaba and not 70+ PCS. But I'd defend the high SS and PE scores based on her insane speed alone. She made me dizzy watching her live :laugh:

I'm not complaining about Evgenias score though, to make that clear. I don't think you can pick out one specific skater that was overscored here... oh, wait, I can, Ashley :p

To be fair, the theme of WTT for all disciplines is "over scoring". :laugh:

One just has to look at Hanyu's short with nearly 46 PCS. :laugh:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
These medals look way better than the ones given out at Worlds. :laugh:

Yeah, the Worlds medals are seriously basic. I guess they're supposed to be like old school, but they're super small!

GASP! They just said Javi will be at the Gala tomorrow! Awesooooome! (I guess he's been visiting Micki in Japan ;))

reneerose

Final Flight
Just finished watching the medal ceremony...what are the individual team huddles about before they circle the rink? Group farewell hugs? Ice Network cut off before the rink circling victory laps....

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker

This competition was interesting overall! :laugh: But yes, I get you and I agree!
But I am happy there was no WR yesterday because good grief, imagine the outcry. Way better like this.