2023-24 Federation Cup Final | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Federation Cup Final

Remilia

On the Ice
How is it that every thread on here always manages to get derailed into conversations about skaters from other countries :slink: like, idk, if the Russian skaters are so great, you guys should focus on them instead of talking about others who aren't here.
Anyway, Prineva has become a fav of mine, so I wish she would gain some consistency, but she is still young, so there's plenty of time for that. Also, I'm surprised Alisa won't be senior eligible next season. You'd think they'd make an exception for her, since they did the same for Akatieva before

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Sasha and Surya were landing them as senior skaters. They just didn't work out in competition because of consistency issues. But they did them in practice many times. Similar to how Trusova did 3A in practice many times, but never successfully landed it in competition.
Senior =/= post-puberty. The last footage we have of Sasha's 4S is from when she had just turned 17 and was clearly still going through puberty. Surya was 18/19, but even in training videos, she was never close to fully rotating her quad attempts (sure, probably also because of the equipment, but with the same equipment it was possible to fully rotate 3As, so 🤷‍♀️).
Didn't plushenko still do 4T for a long time? I have a vague memory of him doing quads instead of 3A as an older adult.
I'm pretty sure Plushenko hasn't done a 4T since his retirement (he does 3T in his shows) - He just competed for a very long time.
He has jumped a decent 3A as recently as 2 years ago though.
You're looking at skaters who come from a time when quads were still a struggle. We've entered a new era. Yuzu is still doing quads and he's retired.
Yuzu is under 30 - for now. I also don't think he'll give up the 3A before the quads.

Skating91

Medalist
How is it that every thread on here always manages to get derailed into conversations about skaters from other countries :slink: like, idk, if the Russian skaters are so great, you guys should focus on them instead of talking about others who aren't here.
Anyway, Prineva has become a fav of mine, so I wish she would gain some consistency, but she is still young, so there's plenty of time for that. Also, I'm surprised Alisa won't be senior eligible next season. You'd think they'd make an exception for her, since they did the same for Akatieva before
Yes it does look like she misses out she's not 16 until November. It will be a great fight with Margarita. No guarantee Margarita retains this stability as she grows.

Skating91

Medalist
Novice nationals (older age) is on 1-5 April in Kazan
Qualified women include Lukashova, Kostyleva, Prineva, Petrova, Ponteleenko, Kadyrova, Labutina, Korobitsina, Trofimova, Yurova etc.
Great event. This will truly be the end of the season.

Remilia

On the Ice
They didn't. The minimum senior age in single skating is 12 month lower than at the international competitions. Not a day more, not a day less. That's how it has been working since 2020/21.
aaah, so that's how it is
Yes it does look like she misses out she's not 16 until November. It will be a great fight with Margarita. No guarantee Margarita retains this stability as she grows.
Well, Margarita is only 13, so I doubt she'll be growing much. If anything, Alisa is more likely to grow and become more unstable. But it will be interesting to see how things go next season, especially with Lena and some of the other novices moving up to juniors

Skating91

Medalist
aaah, so that's how it is

Well, Margarita is only 13, so I doubt she'll be growing much. If anything, Alisa is more likely to grow and become more unstable. But it will be interesting to see how things go next season, especially with Lena and some of the other novices moving up to juniors
Of course there will be major changes at 16-17, but for 13 the size is quite extreme (although relatively tall). I don't think it will take much to upset the balance for her next season. Still even losing one quad would not hurt her too much.

LadyB

Record Breaker
I'm so super, super happy for Lev and Merenkova/Galimov!!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
Still haven't seen anything of it, but I'm hoping to make time for this.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I finally caught up on the R-JGPF. Lazarev was sublime! Was rally rooting for Lukin, but it didn't happen. Also, super-happy for Dzepka's bronze. But gosh, the pairs looked exhausted by this time of the year.