2019 U.S. Nationals Senior Men FS | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2019 U.S. Nationals Senior Men FS

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
(deep sigh) Why does he have such skating skills and passionate performances if he can't land them jumps... :sad4:

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Ugh, I had to switch to NBC proper to see Torgashev. And it looks like it's significantly ahead of QQ, so I guess I'm stuck with T&J again. Well, it was nice while it lasted.

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Torgashev is so talented! He can emote! His edges are beautiful!!!
He just needs to get those landings under control. That's where he falters the most. :confused2:

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
I hate how good Andrew Torgashev is at basic skating and performing, because it makes those jumps errors that much tougher to take.

Seriously, he's so good in so many ways that it pains me.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh Andrew. :sad21:

I’ll watch that choreo sequence all day long, but please get some jumping mojo back :pray:

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
With the current rate of inflation I won’t be surprised if the judges give Nathan a 350 point score...

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Singled two axels... Jimmy noooo. :sad21:

When he gets his jumps he flies. He just needs the confidence.

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Oh god, Tara is reminding us what the red, yellow, and green boxes mean again. She's checked out of this performance :palmf:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
So far zero clean 3As. He has huge height on his jumps, he just lands them real shakily...

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Not bad from Jimmy. Maybe he just really loves single axels? :laugh: But lots of his jumps were very neat, and I love to see that he is just as intense and committed to the performance even with more traditional programs.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Appropos of nothing, I have been wanting to get this off my chest for the entire Nationals--that yellow-and-red "Ollies Bargain Outlet" sign on the rink perimeter is really distracting and has been bugging me for the last 3 days. Every time the camera follows the skater with that sign in the background, my eyes involuntarily stray from the skater. Grrr.

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Oh god, Tara is reminding us what the red, yellow, and green boxes mean again. She's checked out of this performance :palmf:

There's gotta be some kind of network note that they have to explain it every five minutes or something, for the filthy casuals tuning in randomly on TV.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I agree with Charlie, while he is still committed to more classical programs he is most eye-catching when he's being a showman and putting on a show.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
So far zero clean 3As. He has huge height on his jumps, he just lands them real shakily...

But some great 1As!

In all seriousness, this looked like nerves to me. I think the pressure of living up to his viral program from last year got to him. I hope he lets that go and comes back strong next season! :cheer: