2019 World Championships Rhythm Dance | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2019 World Championships Rhythm Dance

chsq1

Rinkside
This RD shows they don't always have to be lyrical in the free. That pattern was stunning. Holy sht. :shocked:

twirlingblades

Medalist
Just saw the Russians scores, you get a level 4 and you get a level 4! Very high scoring here.

The French are just so good.

lusterfan

Final Flight
They truly are in their own tier and from the current TES the judges definitely agree too! PCS should be a step above the rest as well. Everyone brought their A game today!! :yahoo:

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
This is the first time in my life I actually saw how P/C are so much better than the rest of the current field. Wowza!

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Papadakis / Cizeron (FRA)

Tech:

- Twizzle: Perfect 1st set, strong second set, wonderful exit out of third set
- Lift: Calm and effortless lift, nice low position
- Pattern: A bit more careful to get the key points, strong edging (kpYYYY + kpYYYY)
- Step: Large shapes and full curves, just really exquisite and incredible synchronicity (Lv 4)

Pres:

- I mean.... As usual, they are just superb and so precise. They really know how to use the fullness of their arms to create space, all the while having incredible musicality and phrasing to the music. Stellar performance!

Score: 88.42, TES 49.06, PCS 39.36

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Standing O.... wow that was amazing! Tango isn't all about posing and giving face. They were SO SMOOTH. Insane!

Well the Russian stream was stable other than the occasional freezes, but I understand even less Russian than German. Hope I can get a Japanese stream tonight for the ladies.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON
France
Music: Tango: "Oblivion" by Astor Piazzolla performed by Gideon Kremer; "Primavera Porteno" by Astor Piazzolla performed by Gideon Kremer
Choreography by: Marie-France Dubreuil, Christopher Dean, Stephane Lambiel
Costumes: Striking and chic black dress for her, basic black for him with his usual PUHLUNGING neckline.

Required Elements:

Well first off, that's quite the list of choreographers. I would have loved to have seen them working together.

Some basic tango steps, moody sensuality school, to start and into a hop entry for the
Twizzles - done with connecting steps. Lovely and musical. Level 4 for both, 3.64 goe
Curve Lift - in the usual Bestisquat position for him, but at least it's a new position for her. Level 4, 1.73 goe
TR Pattern 1 - Level 4 YYYY, 3.21 goe
TR Pattern 2 - Level 4, YYYY, 3.05 goe
And a final BRAVO of the evening for the TR perfectionists!
Tempo change and into the
ML St Seq - Level 4, 4.36 goe

Well it's a moody and lovely tango. But what people tend to forget is that the SD/RD has never been their strength.

Is it the best TR of the season? Nope. Are they the best dancers today? Yup. Do the math.

Score: 88.42 and I believe ANOTHER WR.

chsq1

Rinkside
That point gap isn't NEARLY enough. None of the others should've have cleared 78. The French are that much ahead.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Two months to really drill the TR levels just put the final shine on that program. Good work, Gabi and Gui! Just breathtaking.

leilaraj

On the Ice
Well deserved scores! I think it has to be very hard to be on top for a long time, to deal with all those expectations from others and themselves but keep progressing and delivering, just wow I love them!