Harry Potter - Are you excited? | Golden Skate

Harry Potter - Are you excited?

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Ok. Despite being overworked and soccer-momed out, I have begun the wonderful task of re-reading the series and re-viewing the movies... all the better to get ready for the Order of the Phoenix (July 13) and the last book (july 27) Anybody else doing this and are you finding yourself falling down the slippery slop that is obsessive HP fan?

Or is this, as my husband likes to point out, simply an adult with WAAY too much free time who is a total & complete nerd? (Please. I haven't played D&D since my new year's eve party...)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
ewwwwwww falling down slipperly slop doesn't sound like much fun ;)

Anybody else doing this and are you finding yourself falling down the slippery slop that is obsessive HP fan?

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
ewwwwwww falling down slipperly slop doesn't sound like much fun ;)

Its not... my bottom is paying the price... and we won't even begin to talk about the state of my house... I really should spend less time reading and more time swiffering...

evenstar

Final Flight
I'm very excited for the new book, It'll be interesting to see if any of my half-brained theories are actually correct!:laugh:

heyang

Record Breaker
I am the only HP fan amongst my friends, but most of them have young kids which limits their reading time. I have found people at work who are avid HP fans. They plan on going to the parties and re-read/re-watch all the movies. I think my most extreme HP behavior was starting to read book 5 at an airport bookstore during a layover to the Bahamas.

I am torn. I got into HP due to all the hype for book 4. So, I borrowed the 1st 3 from a co-worker, borrowed books 4 & 5 from the library, and then bought book 6 because my library closed for renovation for the summer (and I was at the top of the reserve list, but the bookmobile couldn't process new books and the reserve lines at the other libraries would mean waiting for months - donated the book to the library after I read it.) I want to buy the boxed set when it comes out - which I'm guessing will be released just in time for the holidays.

So, since I'm late to add my name to the library reserve list for book 7, I'll probably end up buying it and then donating.

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Its not... my bottom is paying the price... and we won't even begin to talk about the state of my house... I really should spend less time reading and more time swiffering...

Oh no you shouldn't! Be serious...at the end, do you really think you'll look back and think...
"I should have spent more time swiffering!"
I think not!
I hope not!
I've pre-ordered my copy, but it still seems like a long time until July! I can't wait to find out what happens, but I'm sad about the series ending.
And yeah, I'm probably way too old to be this excited about a children's series. Oh, well.
But swiffering...geez! :laugh:
xoxo
Rave

bronxgirl

Medalist
I admit, I am an HP fanatic. I approached the first book with much skepticism, thinking that it was only "kiddie lit" and I was curious about what the fuss was about. Well, JKR drew me into the amazing other world of Hogwarts, and I have loved them all since. And I've even made some good friends through the HP sites online. I look forward to book 7, but I also have a sad feeling. The series will end, and Harry will either live or die, and the rest of the characters lives will have to live on in our imaginations. But that is what makes the books so wonderful - it inspires imagination (and reading by kids! :D )

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
I'm hoping that the characters will live on in fan fiction. Have any of you read Marion Zimmer Bradley's Darkover series? She edited a whole series of short story collections about Darkover written by fans and other published authors.
I'd probably enjoy something like that about Hogwarts.
Rave

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
"I should have spent more time swiffering!"
I think not!
I hope not!
I've pre-ordered my copy, but it still seems like a long time until July! I can't wait to find out what happens, but I'm sad about the series ending.
And yeah, I'm probably way too old to be this excited about a children's series. Oh, well.
But swiffering...geez! :laugh:
xoxo
Rave

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Swiffering is NOT my strong suit - but it does at least sound like I'm trying to be a mature, responsible adult (but where's the fun in that?!)

I finished book four last night and shall start on five after Survivor...

Its funny - as I wait for seven to come out, I have a whole list of things I'm hoping for, things I'm expecting and things that will simply piss me off... The main one being that I'm prepared for Harry to die - but if Snape, Ron, Hermonie or the Weaselys bite the big one, I will have a fit...

But anywho... Only three months to go!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

antmanb

Record Breaker
Well i'm in a funny stage with thinking i shoul deither choose to re-read or re-watch the movies because for me the movies do not even vaguely do the books justice.

I found myself reading the books before the movies and being disappointed in all the film (bar the prisoner of azkaban which i thought was amazing) i have since caught one of the other films on TV and surprised by how much i enjoyed it given how muchi had disliked it when it was released.

So my conclusion is that i should not re-read any of the books until i have re-watched the movies.

Ant