2018 Worlds Short Dance Watch Party—6 AM EDT, Wednesday April 1 | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2018 Worlds Short Dance Watch Party—6 AM EDT, Wednesday April 1

aname

On the Ice
this is still one of my favourites from the latin SDs - I like that it feels like it has been well researched and like you could take it off the ice and it would still feel somewhat authentic - also I just love Piper and Paul fun
Yes and the pattern style step sequence (or whatever it was called) wasn't terminally boring, which is quite a choreographical feat!

litenkyckling

Final Flight
I know her skating skills aren't the best, but I love watching these two - their energy and chemistry and musicality is some of the highest quality imo

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Man I had forgotten how jarring the music cut was

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
It's amazing that Stepanova generated any real speed considering that her knee bend here is largely theoretical.

Pretty dress though.

FlyingFeather

On the Ice
One last Olympic flashback: tried to get maman on board with G/P, she showed mild interest in his newly-appeared arm ruffles and then left to do the laundry

Pretty much my life when it comes to my family and Fs. Though my sister was going to go to Worlds with me.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
What is a Latin dance without a sleeve reveal? AND the fake Peruvian Princess Yma Sumac.

I'd forgotten how much fun that program was.

Lots of ruffles in this event, but I think Paul is only guy to wear them. I love how he seemed to get into it more after his ruffles appeared :)

litenkyckling

Final Flight
two points:

1. Totally vain point here - but I prefer it when Kaitlin wears not as in your face lashes
2. Please move to Carol and Juris please

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
two points:

1. Totally vain point here - but I prefer it when Kaitlin wears not as in your face lashes
2. Please move to Carol and Juris please

Latin dances have never been their strong suit. The music didn't help. That was a freak and unfortunate fall.

And yes, I would love to see what Scarborough could do for them. But I don't see it happening as long as Piper and Paul are there.

litenkyckling

Final Flight
Latin dances have never been their strong suit. The music didn't help. That was a freak and unfortunate fall.

And yes, I would love to see what Scarborough could do for them. But I don't see it happening as long as Piper and Paul are there.

yeah I think it was seeing them so close to Piper and Paul that really highlighted again what Scarborough choreo would look like on them tbh!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
yeah I think it was seeing them so close to Piper and Paul that really highlighted again what Scarborough choreo would look like on them tbh!

Kaitlin and Jean-Luc can do quirk and they can do a wonderful classic style. They also, and I don't think it's always to their benefit, have a goofy and hammy style. And Montreal isn't stretching them. They're prioritizing the hammy goofiness and ignoring that this is a team who really could have a classic, Brit-inspried style.

That's my two cents.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
I love this choreography for HB, it gives Jean Luc a chance to shine with a lot of little individual bits. His skating is just breathtaking!

litenkyckling

Final Flight
another vanity point - but I'd like to see Charlene with hair extensions - just to give her a more bouncy ponytail. Lilah Fear's Madonna ones were really effective this season.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
G/F really were underscored here. I know we talk about Home Cooking, but there's also such a thing as a Home Audience Boost. And they really did draw on it.